It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Obvious Strategy of The Islamic State Is Working, You’re All Being Stupid

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
While my earlier diatribe may SEEM a bit extreme,
there are many around the world who might agree
with my statement.

...BUT...I just might have another idea where
if the world followed these 6 of 10 suggestions
taken from a rather popular text it might help
calm everyone down.

I've listed them for illustrative purposes and
not as espousing a particular religious doctrine,
but those six suggestions do seem to have SOME
practical application here:

1)
. #1 to #4 not listed here for brevity sake.
4)

5) Honour thy father and thy mother
6) Thou shalt not kill
7) Thou shalt not commit adultery
8) Thou shalt not steal
9) Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour
10) Thou shalt not covet (i.e. thy neighbor's house, land, goods, wife, etc)

.....I mean....it can't hurt to at least TRY and foillow them!
Might solve a few world problems such as religious bombings, etc.
edit on 2015/11/16 by StargateSG7 because: sp

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Mexican immigrants IMHO (yes we caused their issues too) should be welcome, they are not culturally destructive to a nation.

I wish this would be separated from ordinary immigration issues, never in my lifetime and I grew up in NYC have I seen a group of immigrants who came wishing to alter the social fabric of the nation they arrive in.

I believe this is a very different scenario, they do not like from sort of moderate all the way to extremist the personal freedoms we offer, there are "soldiers" so to speak hiding in the ranks of these new refugees...

I'm sorry but this isn't a disaster in which we are offering relief, these are people who have directly juxtaposed views and rules to western lifestyles... They aren't Catholics of European decent just looking for jobs or or Atheists from China that want better Internet access and to open businesses, their beliefs are contrary to Democracy

The question we should be asking is "do we want an influx of people who would gain legal access to our systems and alter the rules to a point where the liberties we take for granted are lost via religious doctrine" not compare them to other immigrant groups, no other immigrant group has changed our society other than bringing in new food types, they came seeking more Freedom, Islam comes at every level and seeks to take away freedoms of behavior" perhaps not by initial intent, but by proxy of a simple fact that "individual freedom of expression and belief" are not tenets of Islam itself.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I wonder if these same people asking for the roundup and profiling of Muslims were calling for the same actions concerning young white males with confederate flags when the church shooting occurred. Or young white males with guns when the school shooting occurred. How about when any mass shootings occurred..did they ask for the roundup and profiling of the usual suspect..white males.

Or did they use common sense and understand that white males are not the problem, it is the crazy ones.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

How many refugees from eastern countries have been taken in since 9/11 and how many of them have committed atrocities against Americans since taking them in?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

This seems more like a denigration of our political system (as it stands today), and less about people.

You would have to bring in an awful lot of people to water down the laws of a nation of 300mil people. But at the end of the day, Lady Liberty didn't clarify that she wouldn't accept weary, tired, huddled masses of non-muslim's only. That isn't the America I am part of.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

OK, i get your point, i have not contributed to these threads i believe, so could possibly be "neutral" in all of this. Who knows, who cares!

First Racism: It would appear that it's ok for a Somali refugee to call me a "Ghostie" meaning what exactly? he wants me dead or he is commenting on the colour of my skin? either way, unacceptable behavior, this is in the work environment BTW, and to take it up with HR would be a pain in the ass ............. from me, water off a ducks back, i am thick skinned enough to deal with it, have i called names to him or his brethren, nope, just happened to be sitting, as a loner, in the same area

Second, Religionism: Now, it pisses me off when they call Racism on an insult to a religion. The UK police and MSM do this all the time, people are branded as racist if they comment about a certain religion, i, for one, can not come up with evidence of anyone being racist against the "Church of England", "Catholics", "Roman Catholics" "Protestants", "Sikhism" etc etc. Guess what, only TWO religions, with dissenters making a "show" would end with you in a court of law in the UK, the two are ............ Judaism and Islam. Really? we can be prosecuted under RACIAL laws for dissenting against a religion!

There are problems here, it needs to be addressed (The world .....not my comments), go figure. I for one have had enough

I'll accept the ban, i never wanted to be T-800

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

'Xenophobia' has been long an American 'tradition'.

We have had centuries of laws to make sure only 'good' people were able to come here.

en.wikipedia.org...

Hell that was the function of Ellis Island.

People have been turned away.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

While I understand and agree with your post, It's a little unsettling that it takes a disaster in Paris to bring about such a post trying to keep all ATSers from putting all muslim people in the same basket. Yet, it's never said about Christians and other classes of people. You want people to refrain from bashing muslims but you say nothing about the very thing that goes on in these forums with every related post dealing with Christian ideologies. So far, the only thing you mentioned about the subject is:

It’s easy to paint with broad brushes. After all, it “feels” like not all Muslims are denouncing the actions of ISIS. Well, a few decades ago, not all Christians condemned the bombing of abortion clinics. It’s the nature of narrow ideologies.

This can be seen as a negative statement about Christians. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Instead of saying "Not all Christians supported the bombing..." you say the negative version "not all Christians condemned the bombing". I don't understand how any of this has to do with Christians, as if Christians are the reason muslims are being trampled on.

I get it. People are looking down on muslim people, much like they looked at people who migrated from Japan in WWII. It's in our nature to be cautious of a class of people who are murdering anyone who isn't them. Sure, they're even killing their own. You should still understand people are afraid of what they're seeing and wondering when their own friends and family will be next. I don't condem the muslim people. I have nothing against them. I can see the division between murderers and innocent people of faiths, just like any religion, culture or people in general. There are always bad eggs in the bunch.

So will it take psychotic "Christian" cells to gather and murder people before you stand up for the Christians who are civil and loving people, just as you have done here for the muslim people? All lives matter... How about addressing the hatred and devious posts made here about Christians, Catholics, Muslim, Americans, Atheists and every other kind of people who's constantly put down on this forum combined, as a whole and not just focus on one group.

After all... fair is fair.

edit on 16-11-2015 by StallionDuck because: added

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I have a lot of Muslim friends up here near the Canadian Border, and not a single one of them subscribes to the things that radical Islam is doing in the world. They still have all the funny clothes and long beards and funny accents, but the good thing is they don't want to kill anyone, and they hate seeing this stuff happen as much as anyone else here.

Most Muslims are good people, very friendly, and when ISIS does the things they do, it gives the good ones trouble when people become so hostile to Muslims. Most people are smart enough to know that Muslims living in communities here in the USA and Canada, are not the same as those ready to kill and suicide bomb.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
That isn't the America I am part of.

It's not the American anyone should want to be part of.

One of the reasons I like the OP is because it actually applies to many aspects of our current culture/paradigm.

A lot of people need to reevaluate their positions and ask themselves if they are one of many that are spreading this stupidity.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Of course.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Perhaps I am being too beguiling (i.e. subtle)
in my earlier pointy, if not pointed, sarcastic post.

Read straight, my post seems vitriolic or hate-filled.
Read in-between the lines and a bit of a different
picture emerges....

I am NOT directing anything at you, I was TRYING to use
certain rhetoric to illustrate a point that just may have
gone a wee past the point of widespread understanding
and becoming what it is actually intended to mock.

Oh well...

Mom! Where's my lunchtime sandwiches?
And could you turn off my X-Box! Thanks!

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

But at the end of the day, Lady Liberty didn't clarify that she wouldn't accept weary, tired, huddled masses of non-muslim's only.

Oh yeah she did.

After 1924, Ellis Island became primarily a detention and deportation processing station.[19

During and immediately following World War II, Ellis Island was used to intern German merchant mariners and "enemy aliens"—Axis nationals detained for fear of spying, sabotage, and other fifth column activity. In December 1941, Ellis Island held 279 Japanese, 248 Germans, and 81 Italians removed from the East Coast.[54] U

The Internal Security Act of 1950 barred members of communist or fascist organizations from immigrating to the United States. Ellis Island saw detention peak at 1,500, but by 1952, after changes to immigration law and policies, only 30 detainees remained.[

The 'first' GItmo'.

en.wikipedia.org...

American history isn't pretty.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Youre tripping over yourself trying to be more PC than the next guy and not making any sense in the process. Youre anti-hate. Nothing wrong with that and i get it, but in the wake of 80 killed, to pretend there are no precautions one should take regarding Muslims IS, in fact...stupid.

I think you are touching on two very important things about this issue. We have become a society were truth is allowed to be obfuscated for fear of hurting someone's feelings. We think what others think is more important than what we think and it has more value. While I believe it is important to be concerned for the feelings of others, and it is important to listen to what others have to say, doing so at the expense of your own values and concerns, I feel is a mistake. I also think this is why we are seeing so much anger and hatred oozing to surface recently. People are feeling that their concerns and needs are being ignored in preference of others.

The second mistake I think we are making is to ignore the issues by constantly focusing on what is not the problem.

If you have a path that is well tended and well lit, you are not going to spend your time and attention on the part of the path that is not a problem. You are going to use you time, money and energy correcting the part of the path that is overgrown and the lights are broken.

It seems every time someone tries to discuss the problem they are immediately attacked, called names, and labelled. If it is not broken, don't fix it. If it is broken, then it is a problem, and it needs to be addressed. We have to stop stumbling over our own feet and we need to be focusing on solutions. We need to stop spending our time attempting to fix what is not broken.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

That has been my experience as well. Damn fine people. Very respectful and respectable. Gotta feel for those here that have to deal with the hate because of a few that defame them in the name of the same religion. About the worst I can say is that..... some Muslims don't mind pork. Hypocrisy? Or just pork is damn tasty?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

You should really take a look at these threads if you think trying to end hate speech on ATS is a recent thing:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
NFL quarterback rips fan who shouted Islamophobic comments during moment of silence for Paris

www.salon.com...

The Packers' Aaron Rodgers said comments were indicative of "the kind of prejudicial thinking" that got us here

Green Bay Packers’ quarterback and former NFL and Super Bowl MVP Aaron Rodgers spoke to reporters about Islamophobic comments that could be overheard during Sunday’s moment of silence for the victims of Friday’s terrorist attacks in Paris.Rodgers declined to repeat the comments he heard shouted from the stands, but he used the post-game press conference to speak out against the “prejudicial ideology” that he felt motivated the fan to shout them.

The greatest Quarterback living has spoken out against the very ignorant intolerance that fuels the kind of depravity of groups like Isis.

I never thought much of Aaron Rodgers, being a Raven fan, but God bless him for using his position to enlighten and remind people to stay focused on what's right and wrong....just like this outstanding OP!

“I admit, though, I was very disappointed with whoever the fan was who made a comment that I thought was really inappropriate during the moment of silence,” Rodgers continued.

edit on 16-11-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

That is pretty outstanding stuff right there.

Love to watch Rodgers play. He's a fantastic QB.

Even better seeing him with a fantastic character.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

The stuff greatest is made of comes from him

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

He didn't say what he wanted to. Look at the rage in his eyes. Good on Aaron.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join