It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Obvious Strategy of The Islamic State Is Working, You’re All Being Stupid

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

"You're all being stupid"

Tar much, enough said

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

The problem is not Muslims, it’s the clash of ideologies of radical Islam with Western culture. And the more we react with stupidity, the more victories we hand ISIS in the battle of hearts and minds.

Yep the problem has never been with the Muslims. Radicalization of that religion by evil man with the intent to create instability are the problem.

The West is indirectly responsible for creating ISIS, and I know I am going to be flamed for saying this, but it has to be said. The idea as you have highlighted is more or less, the classic "DIVIDE AND CONQUER" tactic applied on the masses.

Most of these attacks are targeted at innocent civilians for the purpose of igniting hate and division. The problem can't obviously go away unless some major shift occurs in this world, and that is the very reason why I support Putin in exposing the very people who are backing ISIS.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Far too many are taking the bait is too true. Makes me ashamed to be American and a member of ATS. This so needed to be said. Thanks for saying it.
edit on 11/16/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: lucifershiningone

Weeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, the Jews never had these numbers(1/4 world's pop.) but I get your point.

Oh there was no point there.

After the hatred Muslims have for the jewish. Especially Persia that changed their name to Iran after a visit from Hitler.

After all Persia was the 'master race' is ancestral home land.

Once ISIS consolidates it's on to Israel.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Waleed Aly sums up perfectly every aspect of ISIS and the consequential effect resultant from the events in Paris, and I agree 100% with him.

Take 5 minutes to read and watch............

“There is a reason ISIL still want to appear so powerful, why they don’t want to acknowledge that the land they control has been taken from weak enemies, that they are pinned down by air strikes or that just last weekend they lost a significant part of their territory,”

“ISIL don’t want you to know they would quickly be crushed if they ever faced a proper Army on a battlefield.

“They want you to fear them. They want you to get angry. They want all of us to become hostile and here is why:
“ISIL’s strategy is to split the world into two camps. It is that black and white. Again we know this because they told us.”

Ally said ISIL wanted to create World War III, and for societies around the world to turn on each other, and for countries like Australia to vilify Muslims.

"this evil organisation” believes if they can make Muslims the enemy of the West, then Muslims in France and England and America and here in Australia will have nowhere to turn but to ISIL.

“That was exactly their strategy in Iraq,” he said. “And now they want it to go global.

“Saying that out loud, it is both dumbfounding in its stupidity and bloodcurdling in its barbarity. “We are all feeling a million raging emotions right now. I am angry at these terrorists. I am sickened by the violence and I am crushed for the families that have been left behind, but, you know what, I will not be manipulated.

“We all need to come together. I know how that sounds. I know it is a cliche, but it is also true because it is exactly what ISIL doesn’t want.

“So, if you are a member of Parliament or a has-been member of Parliament preaching hate at a time when what we actually need is more love — you are helping ISIL. They have told us that. If you are a Muslim leader telling your community they have no place here or basically them saying the same thing — you are helping ISIL.

“They have told us that. If you are just someone with a Facebook or Twitter account firing off misguided messages of hate, you are helping ISIL — They have told us that.

“I am pretty sure that right now none of us wants to help these bastards.”

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Weeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, the Jews never had these numbers(1/4 world's pop.) but I get your point.

After the hatred Muslims have for the jewish. Especially Persia that changed their name to Iran after a visit from Hitler.

Of course. What better to sell to the American public that Israel is next. That will push many buttons.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
they don't like it

What does Daesh mean? ISIS 'threatens to cut out the tongues' of anyone using this word

www.mirror.co.uk...

Great news, even more reason to use the word now we know it peeves them off

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

The amount of indiscriminate “Muslim hate” seen here on ATS and especially out in the wide-wide world, is precisely what ISIS/ISIL/Daesh is expecting. We westerners have consistently demonstrated a level of deep stupid in response to violence from radical Islam, that results in rampant Islamaphobia, Muslim hate, bigotry and intolerance. It plays directly into their stated strategy of polarizing Western society and politics, and “destroy the grayzone” (their words) by provoking overreactions against Muslims, so as to radicalize Muslim communities across Europe and North America.

In the context of this “wake the Eff Up” thread, the “you’re all” and “we” are rhetorical. Not everyone is taking the ideological bait, however, far too many are.

The problem is not Muslims, it’s the clash of ideologies of radical Islam with Western culture. And the more we react with stupidity, the more victories we hand ISIS in the battle of hearts and minds.

ATS

Here on ATS, we’ve always strived to stave-off the encroachment of ignorance and intolerance. Sometimes we’ve been successful, sometimes not, and lately; not so much.

It’s easy to paint with broad brushes. After all, it “feels” like not all Muslims are denouncing the actions of ISIS. Well, a few decades ago, not all Christians condemned the bombing of abortion clinics. It’s the nature of narrow ideologies.

Stupid Will Not Be Tolerated

Our staff has held back in the aftermath of the Paris attacks. There’s been a great deal of intolerant stupidity in many threads. While we don’t want to be thought police; on occasion we’re going to need to filter stupid if the trend we’re seeing is not abated.

Please see the issue for what it is; a global battle to provoke youre stupidity.

Don’t paint millions of people with a broad brush of ignorance.

Don’t imply violence against those millions.

Don’t be bigots.

Don’t be stupid.

Be better than the rest of the Internet. This is ATS. We (used to) know how to be better.

(Posted in the War on Terrorism forum, instead of Board Business, on purpose.)

It would be nice to see large demonstrations of non violent Muslims marching in the streets to express their disagreement with these extremists.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JedemDasSeine
If we look at the hierarchy of the modern terrorism, we can find at least three interconnected levels (or layers).

1. There are head customers. Let's presume the customers are the elites of Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey (you may add one or two). These elites suddenly became insanely rich and they want to implement their ambitions.
Why does the global community (represented by the United Nations) allow them to do what they do? For instance, where are the UN sanctions against the head customers? What about the International Convention for the Suppression of the Financing of Terrorism?

2. There are groups (let's say the elites of some other countries) who gain their own benefits turning a blind eye to the actions of the customers and even helping them. The allies.
For example, I'm sure the U.S. government clearly sees all the financial transactions from the customers (such as Qatar and Saudi Arabia as we presumed) to the terrorist organizations (including the transactions through so-called Islamic charities). But the U.S. government does nothing against these transactions to get something in return (e.g., military bases in Qatar). Actually, they are allies. The cooperative enterprise. And always remember about the theory of the "controlled chaos" as a political technology (fishing in troubled waters), the U.S. foreign policy is a great example.

Needless to say, somebody must be buying crude oil and ancient artifacts from the Islamic State. Somebody must be providing unobstructed transit for the militants. And so on and so forth.

3. And there are the performers. There are different categories: pro mercenaries (driven by money), Wahhabis (driven by ideas), brainwashed people (driven by delusions), etc. And many of them were born and grew up in the countries devastated by the West. Although there are those who belong to the West ethnically and/or civically, but they fight against it (but there are people from all corners of the world).

So, we may talk about the refugees, the migrants, the Muslims, the state borders, etc. But the real problem is the absence of checks and balances system, when we've got customers who are allowed to behave like they do with the assistance of their allies who will always find the performers. There is no international legal system.
The world is ruled by force and money. Unless it changes, terrorism will be used as a tool at any time and at any scale.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Am I the only one who is a little insulted by this thread and the 'stupid' banner?

Don't catch-all victimise me.

I'm not a fan of genocidal maniacs either, but ATSers doesn't deserve a stupidity tag for it.

Is it possible the strategy is working on you, SO? Given you've felt the need to generalise, deride and ridicule your own members, due to the actions of the few. And the trigger was...

There seems to be some sort of an agenda unfolding on ATS and a cliquey format coming about that might push many users away. The atmosphere is becoming very stoic and robotic.

Seems we must watch our tongues, lest we deviate from the script.

When ATS is labelled as a site of racist extremists, it won't be the individual crazies to blame, it'll be your public moron bulletin that validated it.

link   

originally posted by: neo96

Of course. What better to sell to the American public that Israel is next. That will push many buttons.

Is that so ?

Ask either the sunni or the shia if they recognize the right of a jewish state to exist.

Most say NO.

Only one tiny little jewish country in the entire arab muslim world.

That stands in the way of the Caliphate.
edit on 16-11-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Trump said some kind of statement like that and a general said HE would quit first.
We aren't stupid either...
www.cnn.com...

link   

originally posted by: SergeantSmoke

The amount of indiscriminate “Muslim hate” seen here on ATS and especially out in the wide-wide world, is precisely what ISIS/ISIL/Daesh is expecting. We westerners have consistently demonstrated a level of deep stupid in response to violence from radical Islam, that results in rampant Islamaphobia, Muslim hate, bigotry and intolerance. It plays directly into their stated strategy of polarizing Western society and politics, and “destroy the grayzone” (their words) by provoking overreactions against Muslims, so as to radicalize Muslim communities across Europe and North America.

In the context of this “wake the Eff Up” thread, the “you’re all” and “we” are rhetorical. Not everyone is taking the ideological bait, however, far too many are.

ATS

Here on ATS, we’ve always strived to stave-off the encroachment of ignorance and intolerance. Sometimes we’ve been successful, sometimes not, and lately; not so much.

It’s easy to paint with broad brushes. After all, it “feels” like not all Muslims are denouncing the actions of ISIS. Well, a few decades ago, not all Christians condemned the bombing of abortion clinics. It’s the nature of narrow ideologies.

Stupid Will Not Be Tolerated

Our staff has held back in the aftermath of the Paris attacks. There’s been a great deal of intolerant stupidity in many threads. While we don’t want to be thought police; on occasion we’re going to need to filter stupid if the trend we’re seeing is not abated.

Please see the issue for what it is; a global battle to provoke youre stupidity.

Don’t paint millions of people with a broad brush of ignorance.

Don’t imply violence against those millions.

Don’t be bigots.

Don’t be stupid.

Be better than the rest of the Internet. This is ATS. We (used to) know how to be better.

(Posted in the War on Terrorism forum, instead of Board Business, on purpose.)

It would be nice to see large demonstrations of non violent Muslims marching in the streets to express their disagreement with these extremists.

It's been done time and again and some still ignore it.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

Here I thought it was only me...

I agree with everything you've said.

link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: criticalhit

This seems more like a denigration of our political system (as it stands today), and less about people.

You would have to bring in an awful lot of people to water down the laws of a nation of 300mil people. But at the end of the day, Lady Liberty didn't clarify that she wouldn't accept weary, tired, huddled masses of non-muslim's only. That isn't the America I am part of.

That sounds very pretty in theory

And no you wouldn't as I posted to Skeptic, Liberals vs Conservatives in this country now have a margin of 1% in the voting booth.

It took a damn long time to reach a place where WE have a very slim margin of hope against things like Prohibitions, Gay and Women's rights, even things as simple as health care took a ridiculous and wild debate to "sort of" get in place, we still have schools teaching "creationism" a moronic war on drugs, Minorities being assaulted by the police...

I'm "all for" the tired, the poor and huddled masses

But that doesn't include for all intents and purposes a faith based agenda of conversion which could easilly be defined as an "invasion"

Please do not wipe under the table the realities of this influx, when I see Mexicans cross the border I see women and children, when I see this I see almost entirely males, just because some one gets on a boat does not mean they are "refugees" the reality that there are elements in islam preaching in regards to conquering the west this way should not be ignored

One liners about "huddled masses" getting some stars is "nice"

Ignoring the reality that these people are male, obviously well fed and there is a call for take over in their society via exploitation of the immigration system that is real is just fool hardy

I don't see "huddled masses" Huddled describes people who are cold and sick and scared, not screaming about their cause and Masses implies "lots of people" Men, Women and Children in a proper ratio not 75% Male and hardly any children.

There is a war to flee from? The send your kids and wives, there is an obviousness to the reality that a large potion of potential combatants are using the refugee situation as a point of entry.

edit on 16-11-2015 by criticalhit because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: intrepid

Didja see this? Talk about stupid.

Not that Iran isn't having second thoughts already.

Sigh....

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SergeantSmoke

Im sure it would be nice, for people who need those kinds of things.

BUt if you test that logic....it becomes apparent that it is just silly to assert:

- more asians should march in protest to North Korea, and human atrocities in China. I mean, if they don't support it why not just openly say so
- more Americans need to march in protest to unmaned drone strikes killing children. Obviously the lack of daily outpourings of contempt for the act shows that each and every American (to a person) supports airstrikes on children.
- more US latinos should protest the daily beheadings in Mexico. Their silence is an obvious tell that all latino people want to see beheadings

Its kind of like how your aunt may not grieve for the death of a family member in the same way you do. It isn't your place to set the standard for what kinds of public displays are acceptable, and which ones aren't.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Maybe for every one westerner killed by terrorists we deport 100,000 Muslims from a euro country ? Maybe then they will put the heat on their own. Just saying, whats the first thing that happens on a schoolyard when the teachers break up a fight , they seperate them .

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

Reread the OP, you apparently missed this part:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I suppose after reading through all this I can come to one conclusion. Which is actually quit simple. Want to defeat ISIS? We all just need to HUG A MUSLIM!!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join