It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Note to self: 'Cancel credit cards prior to death!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Note to self: 'Cancel credit cards prior to death!

Be sure and cancel your credit cards before you die! This is so priceless
and so easy to see happening - customer service, being what it is today!

A lady died this past January, and ANZ bank billed her for February and
March for their annual service charges on her credit card, and
Then added late fees and interest on the monthly charge The balance had
been $0.00, now is somewhere around $60.00.

A family member placed a call to the ANZ Bank:

Family Member:
'I am calling to tell you that she died in January.'

ANZ:
'The account was never closed and the late fees and charges still apply.'

Family Member:
'Maybe, you should turn it over to collections.'

ANZ:
'Since it is two months past due, it already has been.'

Family Member:
So, what will they do when they find out she is dead?'

ANZ:
'Either report her account to the frauds division or report her to
the credit bureau, maybe both!'

Family Member:
'Do you think God will be mad at her?'

ANZ:
'Excuse me?'

Family Member:
'Did you just get what I was telling you . . . The part about her
being dead?'

ANZ:
'Sir, you'll have to speak to my supervisor.'

Supervisor gets on the phone:
Family Member:
'I'm calling to tell you, she died in January.'

ANZ:
'The account was never closed and the late fees and charges still apply.'

Family Member:
'You mean you want to collect from her estate?'

ANZ:
(Stammer) 'Are you her lawyer?'

Family Member:
'No, I'm her great nephew.'
(Lawyer info given)

ANZ:
'Could you fax us a certificate of death?'

Family Member:
'Sure.'
( fax number is given )

After they get the fax:

ANZ:
'Our system just isn't set up for death. I don't know what more I
can do to help.'

Family Member:
'Well, if you figure it out, great! If not, you could just keep billing
her. I don't think she will care..'

ANZ:
'Well, the late fees and charges do still apply.'

Family Member:
'Would you like her new billing address?'

ANZ:
'That might help.'

Family Member:
' Rookwood Memorial Cemetery , 1249 Centenary Rd, Sydney, Plot Number
1049.'

ANZ:
'Sir, that's a cemetery!'

Family Member:
'Well, what the #*+##* do you do with dead people on your planet?'

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I know all this already. That is why I shall die penniless with no relative to have to carry the can, which I assure you is in full effect already. I don't use credit cards as that is a mug's game and is usury (same difference).

I am having a state funeral I assure you of it! You my British friends will have to pay for my funeral like you did Margaret Thatcher's. It is my final joke of my will for being mean to me. I am not a vindictive or revengeful chap so I use humour instead. Yet my humour always carries a sting!

If you had given me a nice life it would have been different of course;

I recommend that everyone cancels their credit cards right now! That is my wise advice to you. Then the bad people will have one less way of abusurying you! I say that because I sort of still care a little bit about my fellow manwoman.

lots of love revolution9 "Laughin' Tombstone Blues"

edit on 15-11-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
This actually happened?
Wouldn't be surprised though in this day and age.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Omg, the last 4 or 5 lines are so funny, they made me burst out laughing.

Seriously though, it just goes to show that the people working, and in high level positions, are moronic robots who cannot seem to work out with the machine they press the buttons for. They are lower than a machine system! What the hell happened to intelligence, humanity, logic and compassion? * shakes head in despair

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
"Dead" does not compute.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Yes, sadly all this technology and automation has had a bad effect on brain cells.

When the "computer says no" the busy worker-humans appear to be totally at a loss how to over ride the unmoving, unfeeling decision making tool their overlords have created and implemented. I have had a few examples myself and usually manage to let the agency know how amusing it is to see they are being led by machines as the human decision making process deems to be inadequate (or less financially profitable). Then they get a real problem and have no clue how to circumnavigate the computer. Fabulous!

Must be quite handy when a program makes a decision that removes all human emotion and the ability to debate.

The idiocy of some people is quite incredible.

S&F

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I told my Mom to cancel hers if she ever got that sick and after finding out they can do this, she went ahead and cancelled them all. After my Dad died and all property, bank accounts and retirement funds went in to her name, her mailbox was flooded with offers. At least 5 a day and they even started calling her! She picked 2, after carefully looking in to all the pros/cons and charged maybe $200 a year to each one, just to keep it open and active.

edit on 15-11-2015 by DAVID64 because: another typo, not enough coffee yet.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Sounds made up, but not far off from what I think could happen.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

"Given you a nice life?
With that attitude, are you sure you're not an American teenager? Maybe a college student?

It is my final joke of my will for being mean to me. I am not a vindictive or revengeful chap so I use humour instead. Yet my humour always carries a sting!

If you had given me a nice life it would have been different of course;

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

I hope I have that much notice so I can cancel...prolly not but hey.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Sounds made up, but not far off from what I think could happen.

It was given to me by an Australian friend who swears it is the truth... Either way for some reason I do not doubt it actually happened... When I sold stuff and moved in the states I continued to get bills for my old residence to include trash collection... Thank goodness I had copies of notice and replies to cancel.. Seemed they got confused every two to three months and sent another bill.. Excuse was it was a computer glitch.. Glad that stuff is over

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Meh If I'm dead I dont care. They can bill me all they want, what are they going to do repose my ashes?

Hell if I ever get diagnosed with a terminal illness im maxing out all my credit cards, taking out every pay day loan I can then living like a billionaire.

edit on 15-11-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
My dad died in September and I can tell you that the bills must still be paid. The show must go on.
Banks will usually forgive the fees in these situations.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Family Member: 'Well, what the #*+##* do you do with dead people on your planet?'

Man, that was funny as hell.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
As I haven't got any savings I was gonna use the credit card to pay for funeral and free booze at the wake.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Wow. This is pretty wild and scary to read. Me and my husband are in our 30's and have never owned a credit card... Which in turn is great, sure, but we can't do certain things without credit. We rent and don't own a home. We can't rent a car, which is fine I suppose. And that's the only two things that really came to mind that we have run into trouble with.
I am too scared to get one, but so many of my family members say we NEED one in order to build credit.. Hmm... I'm just not really caring about building my credit when this whole show is temporary. That's me though.. Anyway.. I guess I won't have to worry about that after i pass from this vessel to the next realm.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

When the asked "Are you a lawyer?" I would have responded with "Why? Is what you are doing illegal? Are you afraid of getting caught?"

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

edit on 15/11/2015 by chr0naut because: double post!

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   

They're too greedy for money to care about death.

Wow.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
After my MIL died many years ago the hospital sent her a bill in her name for $380,000.00. My SIL, who my MIL had lived with, got the bill and called us crying her eyes out. She asked how are we going to pay this, we don't have any money. We told her to write "DECEASED" across the bill and send it back to the billing department. We never heard another word from the hospital.

The moral of this true tale is that you are not responsible for other peoples bills unless they are/were your spouse and not even then in some cases. Also - NEVER EVER sign ANYTHING if you find yourself in a position where you need to admit a loved one to a hospital or other care facility.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join