It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't comprehend the strategic value of IS attacking outside their boarders.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Same ideals, different dress sense.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
a reply to: laminatedsoul

And you can guarantee that the civilians who are being used, will not offer up any support beyond screaming at the evil west for daring look for any associations. 

Not surprisingly, a lot of people believe state sponsored propaganda.

It's not state sponsored propaganda when 16 year old boys are armed with weapons from mosques they frequent, shoot up innocent people and then get shot themselves, and the entire family spit and sneer at the media when anyone looks at them, for not having even the slightest knowledge that this murderous little miscreant was allowed to be brainwashed, armed and sent on a task to kill people.

It's the mindless left wing justifiers and apologists who call everything propaganda while the entire world burns around them, that are the people I blame.

edit on 15-11-2015 by laminatedsoul because: they did not eat them.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

I don't comprehend the strategic value of IS attacking outside their boarders.

You and me both.

I actually wanted to do a thread with this theme, but hadn't gotten around to it yet. Thank you for taking care of it for me!

I don't understand why they attacked Paris. I don't understand any of it, but then I don't go around killing people and feel good about it so I guess I am not a psychopath. Come to think of it I think it is best that we don't understand these people. Apparently hate makes people do stupid things.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Kandinsky

Does that mean that fundamentalist Christians are cheering them on?

Why not? I am sure tiny pockets of backwards white skinned crucifix adorned plebs are indeed cheering on satan as he awakens the world to the glory of god...

Sounds fitting for a biblical book..

But fear not, those tiny handfuls of ostracised and outcast fundamental Christians will never make it past muster. Unlike the jihadist and globally awake criminals who have a history of blood on their hands.

Next, lets bring up Buddhists who immolate themselves. And some other completely irrelevant other thing, and glue the veil of terror to their façade also.

Since we're not even trying any more.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Anyone thinking logically would assume they would have ruined their chances of radicalising the new generations with this attack, that no one would support such cowardly attacks. However their target audience aren't sane, rational thinking people with good morals or value for life.

Unfortunately, as we will see in the coming weeks the recruitment will go up 10 fold, especially in the UK. They are very clever with spinning interpretations of situations. They will justify it's propoganda and young families who have nt fully assimilated into western culture may find comfort in these messages, especially when those surrounding them don't believe in their way of life.

Strategically it sounds stupid to a sane person but they will have thousands knocking on their doors to sign up. How many hundreds have left UK alone when the raping and Be heading was shown, I imagine this will create a far greater surge in recruitment numbers.

May be a warped and disgusting strategy but it is equally effective.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Paris is one of the few countries out there with the backbone to not yield to the demands of foreign cultures. Paris have shown a lack of respect for the Islamic culture by banning the burka and for the cartoon that depicted mohammed. (How they feel).

I have much respect for the french in that sense, they don't want their way of life changed, yielding to the demands of the very vocal minority.

As a result though these attacks will continue in the coming years as a result.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
It's to get noticed. Plain and simple. But even though we assume it's IS, it may not always be them either. It may be people as frustrated with ISIS as well as the foreign invasions to their homelands who are trying to get attention and are just automatically identified as IS because they're the terrorist organization du jour. We just all need to get out of the ME and let them work it out. It's what they want, and it wouldn't mean they've won or we've lost. It's just the only sane thing. Foreign powers can't be fighting for a people or a country when most of those people or countries don't want us there, where the lines between military, insurgents, and terrorists are so blurred and so evermorphing that we can't even get a handle on who's who. Illogical from the get go.
edit on 11/15/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

They're terrorists. They always attack civilians because that's what they do. They literally do it all over the world. They want to instill fear and provoke a response. That's their strategy.

Oh really ...

Who will benefit from such behavior?

Just dicect one single terrorist attack, and answer this simple question ...

What will it bring about ...

and then ask yourself, if that wasn't the intention all along ...

edit on 15/11/2015 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Ah this is easy. It does several things.

1. It shows it has the power to strike back. France has been bombing ISIS with no retaliation. Now any nation bombing ISIS has wonder if they are a target and men and lots of money will be spent against a threat that might not even exist.

2. To show the weakness of an enemy. In the case of France and with the Russian plane bomb ISIS can strike at foes who really can not do much to retaliate. Neither France nor Russia have the capability to destroy ISIS or even do it much harm. France can call upon the US who no doubt will increase operations but, in the end it will not much effect the long slow ground campaign. As the Russians have found out, thinking they would have some quick victories, that a over a month of bombing has lead to only the capture of a single airfield.

3. Recruiting. Now this is the big one. Because right now all over the word people are talking out their frustrations with the attack on Paris on anybody who even looks like a Muslim. Mosques are getting death threats, people are blaming refugees, Muslim's all over the web are being bashed. And that is the primary goal of the attacks. So that idiots run around and cry kill them all. So that all over the world Muslims feel blamed for the something they had no role in, so that they begin to feel isolated from the people around them, so that they begin to feel threatened, not accepted. And that makes the prime recruits. The rude stairs at the mall, the insulting comments by kids, the Muslim hate all over the web. At some point you see no other choice than to be what people already paint you as. And now you have a group that can strike back.

ISIS launches an attack and the bigotry in the West will do the rest of the work for them. Many moderate Muslims will in coming weeks be insulted and bashed by the people around them. They will begin to feel isolated from the communities they live in and wonder and become angered they are being targeted just because of their faith. And some of them will want to strike back.

Terrorist need over reaction. They need fear and paranoia. Every time somebody looks at refugees fleeing the war with suspicion and hate it hands them a victory. Every time somebody post online that we should kill all them Muslims, it hands them a victory. Every time you judge over a billion people by actions of less than a fraction of 1% it hands them a victory.

This is why terror attacks have a huge strategic value.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn

They're terrorists. They always attack civilians because that's what they do. They literally do it all over the world. They want to instill fear and provoke a response. That's their strategy.

Oh really ...

Well, for one, the jihadis that blew themselves up believed they benefited from doing so as they believed they would be martyred and go directly to heaven with a bunch of virgins to be their sex slaves. Two, ISIS themselves benefit in the Middle East and all over the world. In the middle east it shows that they have reach and puts even more fear into people's lives there that may not actually like or agree with living with them but also dont feel like getting their heads cut off. ISIS benefits all over the world by gaining more followers. You see, the actual genius of ISIS is that they are spreading their ideology, as backwards as many of us think it is, all over the world via the net. They make videos, they make twitter posts, facebook posts, etc. These things speak to the younger generation who are feeling let down in some way by what they see around them. Its simple propaganda that everybody can access directly from their phone which is usually on someone 24/7. Isis promises jobs, women and respect to disenfranchised young men of fighting age who grow up playing video games where they get to shoot people. Im not blaming video games here by any means, but, to younger people who cant really separate reality from fiction they tend to believe that they can do anything like they can in call of duty. If you dont believe me just go on to AR15.com and look at the posts about kids wanting to buy their first guns and want it to be exactly like the one they use in call of duty. ISIS promises all of this and actually delivers when the youngsters get there as long as they pick up an AK and fight the non-believers.

This is also where people start to not realize what they are doing. People tend to simply look at what happened in Paris and thats it. They dont look at what has happened in Africa, they dont look at what is happening in other parts of Europe, they dont look at what has happened hear in America and put it all together. ISIS is following the teachings of Mohammed. Plain and simple. They arent moderate muslims. They arent like me, a Catholic who has grown up in America and has been taught about other religions and sees the value in some other religions and sees that I can live side by side with people who have different views and in actually not effect me. They are people who follow a very strict doctrine in where it is more just and mercyfull to kill the non believer that it is to let them live next to them. ISIS wants a global caliphate, its not hard to understand or even hear. They call for it themselves, everyday. They are screaming it out at the top of their lungs in videos that they send out all over the world in order to indoctrinate the youth.

The value in attacking soft targets is also to reaffirm their base. They just lost Jihadi john apparently. They hit back. They killed more than just the one guy. They maimed more than just the one guy. They know what it does to their young ranks if they loose someone influential, it deters them from fighting, makes them start to think that their way might actually get themselves killed. So, they attack and kill large numbers in the name of Allah since this is what mohammed wanted and said is good.

People on hear need to start taking their heads out of the rabbit hole from time to time and wake up a bit to what is actually happening before its to late. Obama has said that the US will take up to 10k syrians, at least. These people are easily infiltrated by ISIS. They will lay and wait here till they have a couple more followers that were born here before they attack here. Then they will martyr themselves because if you arent alive you cant go back and say how stupid it was for you to try and follow such a plan. Then ISIS will gain more followers around the world because they struck in the heart of the infidels (the US). They need to be weeded out and left for dead. Shoot em and let em lie so to speak. We cant allow these people to come it, not because they will flood our already over worked social programs. Not because they will cost tax payers more money. Not because we cant already take care of our own that well. They cant come in because ISIS will spread like a virus and then it will be to late. The US citizens will loose more rights in the name of war on terror. Just wait till the government finds more ways to skirt the 4th amendment when ISIS is openly attacking sports venues here. And of course people on here will say "Well maybe thats what THEY (some random entity a poster makes up) wanted all along." And people on here will bitch about the survaliance programs that get instilled. And complain about how middle easteners are getting targeted for this or that by hate groups. Or, we could just recognize what is happening and prevent all that from going down by not letting them in here in the first place.

Something tells me history will repeat itself on this one, yet again.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

There's a simple answer too. They're officially in a war against some of the Western powers. It's a bit naive to think we can bomb & invade people at will, but they're out of line if they attack their attackers. That's one reason I'm a pacifist; because violence always creates blowback.

Blowback is unintended consequences of a covert operation that are suffered by the aggressor. To the civilians suffering the blowback of covert operations, the effect typically manifests itself as “random” acts of political violence without a discernible, direct cause; because the public—in whose name the intelligence agency acted—are unaware of the effected secret attacks that provoked revenge (counter-attack) against them.[1]

I know that the West is backing them in the dark. But that doesn't mean we aren't attacking them in the light either, even if just to give the illusion that we're actually trying to stop them. So it's likely that ISIS pawns & foot soldiers tried to bring the war to the Western countries that are attacking them (especially if those specific people suffered personal losses in the War on Terror).

It also serves as a recruiting tool for them & their allies. They use attacks like this & their barbaric video clips to show how "effective" they are. Wouldn't potential fighters rather join a "successful" gang rather than a "weak or unsuccessful" rival? It even boosts their fundraising since it serves as proof that their faction can get results anywhere in the world, which would appeal to their donors.

Is also serves their allies in the MIC & intelligence agencies, because the Western outrage will guarantee more war funding & power to carry out their other plans. Just think about how many people had a kneejerk reaction to shut down borders, impose temporary martial law, start attacking more places in the Mideast, etc. Just like with the al-Qaeda attacks through Europe and on 9/11, there were quite a few politicians eager to use the attacks to further their own agendas. So basically, everyone except the civilians win to an extent (which highlights another reason I hate war, because it's always the civilians who suffer the most).

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
it's actually very simple. since the caliphate was declared, the primary obligation for a sahabist at this time is to get over there and start fighting to expand the borders. any sahibist who can is travelling to the newly established state. many recruits from abroad are being tracked and having their passports yanked. attack outside the borders of the islamic state is considered 2nd rate action, the runner-up prize for those who are unable to fulfill their mandate.

the al-qaeda model (high mobility, soft targets, political goals) is a huge departure from isis methodology. this is why i was surprised when isis claimed responsibility, and when a syrian passport was found at the scene. it just doesn't jive.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATODASO
it's actually very simple. since the caliphate was declared, the primary obligation for a sahabist at this time is to get over there and start fighting to expand the borders. any sahibist who can is travelling to the newly established state. many recruits from abroad are being tracked and having their passports yanked. attack outside the borders of the islamic state is considered 2nd rate action, the runner-up prize for those who are unable to fulfill their mandate.

the al-qaeda model (high mobility, soft targets, political goals) is a huge departure from isis methodology. this is why i was surprised when isis claimed responsibility, and when a syrian passport was found at the scene. it just doesn't jive.

The Egyptian passport belonged to a victim & there's a new article from the Washington Post that says the Syrian passport was fake. I wrote more about it in this post, www.abovetopsecret.com..., so I won't retype it all.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

The goal of ISIS is to bring about a global government, global law enforcement agency and a global religion.

ISIS, The United Nations and the Global elite bloodlines all have the same goals.

weird, isn't it?

Yep. And it explains why they target powerless, innocent civilians rather than powerful, guilty government leaders beholden/belonging to the global elite.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Good point. I have always felt there is a simpler aspect to some of these extremists actions as well. They crave war. They want it brought to their doorstep. They honestly get a kick out of fighting this holy war. They do it to please their 'god.' They also do it for fun. #s and giggles.

Do you know how many Lybians joined the rebels simply because it meant they got to play army and fire off some big ass weapons? Many.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
a reply to: Metallicus

Paris is one of the few countries out there with the backbone to not yield to the demands of foreign cultures. Paris have shown a lack of respect for the Islamic culture by banning the burka and for the cartoon that depicted mohammed. (How they feel).

I have much respect for the french in that sense, they don't want their way of life changed, yielding to the demands of the very vocal minority.

As a result though these attacks will continue in the coming years as a result.

Excellent response.

I hadn't considered that perspective and how a fiercely secular Paris probably 'offends' these people. I hope the French people don't lose their resolve. Much respect.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The French also had the sense in being against the war on Iraq in 2003. The thing that is the spark of all this evil

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn

Oh really ...

Yes really, that's why they're called terrorists. Their job is to kill civilians and instill fear and as always, to provoke a response. They want the west to send forces on the ground in the Middle East. Terrorists have overrun areas in the Middle East where western forces invaded and they're thriving. Just look to Iraq, Syria, and Libya.

ISIS has become the poster child of terrorism. Al Qaeda was the front runner and awful in their own right but they now pale in comparison to ISIS. You know it's bizzaro world when Al Qaeda openly denounces ISIS's actions.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Excellent analysis. DAESH also purportedly holds millennial views that call for an ultimate battle between Good and Evil in Syria. This is their way of luring Evil to come and get them.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

"They always attack civilians because that's what they do". Yep. That will be the next Geico commercial.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join