It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mizzou Demonstrators Segregate White Allies to Form ‘Black Only Healing Space’

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Often those types of statements are not supported by the university. My niece took a recording of something idiotic (and racial) her professor was saying to the dean of students and that professor was removed within days. The issue is students don't often think they have the right to question their professors, and the universities aren't doing a good enough job of auditing the people they employ.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Yes...I would rather live with people who shared my morals, values and beliefs. There are probably some black people in that group also. Work hard, father my children, support my family, don't do drugs, have morals, don't commit crimes, etc.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I don't think you understand the definition of the term private space...

THe planet could be 100% purple and people could still have private space. I don't think they would go to central park to get it...

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

I currently attend a university. One of my mandatory classes is "US racial and cultural minorities".

The first day in class the Professor told the class "I'm not interested in hearing from the white students".

This is where such a curriculum leads in my honest opinion.

So I have 2 1/2 years left in school where I feel I must simply "keep my head down" and "walk on egg shellls" lest I be branded simply because I am white. All it will take is an accusation and my time at school will be over as well as my future plans.

Institutes of higher learning indeed..........

Hm, I think he made a mistake in that comment. But his motive was he wanted you to learn to other side of the coin. Whites are the majority, so he wanted you to get the other side of the story, although I agree he was unnecessarily harsh in that comment.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
I assume none of you have attended a university where you engaged in a study group, that met in the library, or under a tree on campus, or in the student lounge. I assume you've never been in a club at that university, or served on a committee, or any other type gathering that was closed to anybody and everybody. I wonder if most of you are unaware of the fact that these gatherings occur on every campus every day in the U.S.?

You assumed wrong!!

link   

a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

And the truth is...this is what the majority of black people seem to want. Black cops, black bosses, black preachers, black professors, etc. Give them their wish. But make them live with their choice.

The statement is anything BUT the truth. African Americans want to be fully integrated within American society. That is what this is ABOUT. Sigh.

You say integrated...I say they want to be isolated. Your comments state they want privacy and that being 8% of the group isn't good enough. That isn't integration. That is a call to be segregated. "I don't want to be with them, be the minority and not have private space with my own people". Can't you see that? And have you ever noticed that you have black friends that act one way when integrated and act like themselves when private...with their own people?

link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Why would they go anywhere else? The issue was related to the university, so the meeting was held at the university.
Duh.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

The African American president of my company will be happy to know he isn't integrated into American Society.

Your racism is showing.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Duh? The fact you don't get your own error is the Duh part.

Your racism is showing.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

And have you ever noticed that you have black friends that act one way when integrated and act like themselves when private...with their own people?

Yep. And I've noticed I behave differently when I'm with my mother than I do when I'm with strangers.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Your racism is showing.

Ah, that's so mean. But I get it! I do know what you mean, but you're mistaken. I simply thing you guys have seized the day to make a mountain out of a molehill.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I am HUGELY flattered by all the attention my little two line first post received here, as I am typically invisible on this site. : )

So I've given y'all several more posts this morning to feed on and rip apart in your own sweet and unbiased way, perhaps for even ten more pages.

Have fun! One of you might even call the KKK and get them on the case! That will show those university brats a thing or two, that you mean business.

Oh, and Love and LIGHT!

edit on 11/13/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

Yes...I would rather live with people who shared my morals, values and beliefs. There are probably some black people in that group also. Work hard, father my children, support my family, don't do drugs, have morals, don't commit crimes, etc.

And so......... you're saying what? Oh nevermind. I think I can read between the lines.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I am HUGELY flattered by all the attention my little two line first post received here, as I am typically invisible on this site. : )

So I've given y'all several more posts this morning to feed on and rip apart in your own sweet and unbiased way, perhaps for even ten more pages.

Have fun! One of you might even call the KKK and get them on the case! That will show those university brats a thing or two, that you mean business.

Oh, and Love and LIGHT!

Not invisible anymore, your ignorance has been exposed. Use critical thinking please. You cannot have black only segregation and claim that whites are racist because they are the majority. How is being more biologically successful (having more kids) equate to racism? Imagine your arguments but replace black with white and vice versa and you will see how ignorant your stance is. If whites were the minority would it make a difference? The answer is no, look at Ferguson where blacks make up over 70% of the population. Whites are the minority there and that place is out of control.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

If you took my description of myself as anything but that...the previous poster was correct. You are a bit racist.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: BIGPoJo

Careful dude. Don't point out logical, factual examples to someone with a single agenda. They have a need to twist your words and generally don't like being told they have issues.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

If you took my description of myself as anything but that...the previous poster was correct. You are a bit racist.

In my vast work experience, I've seen people get 'railroaded". It's a sorry thing to behold. A group of willing people can actually make a lie become the truth. If you say the lie long enough, if you join together and chant it, a lie can actually become the perceived truth.

It's a scary thing to watch happen. Like the old witchhunts of Salem. Wow.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Who needs the KKK, when you've got:

Melissa Click, Mizzou Journalism Professor at #ConcernedStudent1950 Protest:
"You need to get out!--I need some muscle over here to get this reporter out of here!"

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Some of you youngsters on here might want to read this

en.wikipedia.org...

University students were shot down and murdered on their own campus because they were protesting the Vietnam war.
People became so upset over those disrespectful, unpatriotic, ungrateful hippies, that the military and police were called in, who in turn, got so upset when the students started throwing bottles at police cars that they just killed them.

It's one of the more shameful events in U.S. history.

People worked themselves into a frenzy. Over students PROTESTING on their own campus.

Frenzy? Anybody?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Your experience doesn't seem very vast. If anything it seems naive. I mean, you actually think because I am white I have private safe space the majority of the time. I am 1/4 Native American even though I look white (Irish genes are strong). Should I be entitled to have safe space? That's called a reservation, they corralled my ancestors there to get them out of the way...My grandmother married a white guy just to get out of the reservation. I guess she didn't appreciate her safe space. What an ungrateful b*tch amirite?

I know you aren't intending to be racist, but you are by being so sensitive. I have found the best way to not be racist is to just not address race, and if someone brings it up just say "why are you being racist"?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join