It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mizzou Demonstrators Segregate White Allies to Form ‘Black Only Healing Space’

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

My god, those "professors" need to be fired. Why are they even involved in that stupidity?!

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

A weak-minded racist is a weak-minded racist. Who would want to be around these people to begin with?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: eluryh22

Don't do this. If they feel they need private space and personal time, it's nobody's business but their own.
Let them have it in peace.

Please define "They"

The students who have asked for privacy.
AKA the students who can go home for privacy. They chose to leave their homes, drive or walk all the way to the PUBLIC space, and will get nothing but shared public space there. Want privacy, go home. They could book a room and tell people to stay out WHILE it's theirs to use. Can't tell anybody to leave a public space. Why would anybody ever think they could ? This fails every test of common sense ever conceived.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: angeldoll

No cheap shot at all. Your claim is that the lesson learned here is that the university president in Missouri said the n word and didn't get punished for it.

What really happened was two drunk yelled the n word, the school changed it policy to make mandatory diversity training necessary, the activists said this wasn't enough, issued a list of crazy demands, and the president was forced to resign.

So the president never said the n word, and he was punished.

You the said:

In my vast work experience, I've seen people get 'railroaded". It's a sorry thing to behold. A group of willing people can actually make a lie become the truth. If you say the lie long enough, if you join together and chant it, a lie can actually become the perceived truth.

It's a scary thing to watch happen. Like the old witch hunts of Salem. Wow.

This is exactly what is happening! People are claiming at schools all over the country that perceived microaggressions should lead to people getting fired or expelled. In Missouri, the witchunt was to get rid of the president because he didn't do enough when a drunk yelled the n word, and you are right it was scary.

This is why I said I didn't think you knew what happened at Missouri. Not as an insult but just because your posts seemed to suggest you didn't know the story. I hope you will read up on what actually happened.

That's pretty funny, people just talking talking talking and not even having the story correct. And conveniently not noticing facts like the biggest "oppressed" leader is a millionaire's kid, and he lied through his teeth about the KKK being there, and so on. The lack of responsibility / accuracy from the biggest talkers / complainers is truly a thing to behold.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I assume none of you have attended a university where you engaged in a study group, that met in the library, or under a tree on campus, or in the student lounge. I assume you've never been in a club at that university, or served on a committee, or any other type gathering that was closed to anybody and everybody. I wonder if most of you are unaware of the fact that these gatherings occur on every campus every day in the U.S.?

Are some of you on this thread among those always complaining about how far political correctness has gone, and how it needs to stop? Is this whining and complaining over a group of black students meeting privately, not a PRIME example of your being 'offended' and outraged over something as insignificant as this? Isn't that what you are doing now? I never thought I'd use the term faux outrage, but here it is.

And although I'm just now looking over this thread since I left it, I see many of the responses are directed towards me, and although I didn't read them all, (sorry) I got the gist of all the absolute terrifying horror you've experienced over this traumatic event. I mean, in your eyes it's so politically incorrect, it's almost worth starting a revolution over! Damn those college kids! Ungrateful brats after all we've done for them! And they're not even poor!

"This does not promote peace and love" is sort of a repeated theme. So , okay, then. How about YOU promote peace and love. YOU be the champion of love. And by that I mean, if they have behaved in a way in which you disapprove,
LOVE THEM. Love them anyway. See? That's what acceptance is. You go first.

They turned people away based on race? Of course. That is what this is about. If it had been about gays, gays would have wanted to commiserate with other gays, and so forth. If it had been about tattoos, they would have wanted to meet with others who have been tattooed. See how this works? They wanted to meet with other black students, because the issue surrounds black students. "lightbulb".

Oh, and a couple of more things. Spare me of the little cliché "Do you know what 'assume' means? Yes I do. I have for decades.

And spare me the 'slippery slope' lecture. Yes I know what that is, have for decades, and this is not one.

The slippery slope, if there is one in this situation, is having a university professor call a student the n-word and not facing any repercussions over it.

You can't walk into a public space and tell anyone else to leave. I can't believe anyone needs to tell anybody else this.

If you are having a semi-private group in a public space, and anybody's bothering you that shouldn't be, you call the police and state that you're being harassed. This is really how this works. What's with the new theory that anyone can demand anything their little heart desires, and it's racism / fascism if they can't have it ? How did this become a thing ?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
You cant cure stupid.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Star and flag for reporting the poop swastika...

Public = no privacy

Private = no publicity

I think the logic is logical

Who would report on college kids refusing to come out of their dorms? Half already dont because they feel harassed and oppressed by standardized tests.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join