It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raiders player under investigation for taunting police dog before game

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I initially thought the headline would lead me to an article posted on The Onion, the satirical news site. And after I discovered that it was actually true I could only shake my head and simply walk away from my computer.

Sources told KDKA's Richie Walsh that Raiders linebacker Ray-Ray Armstrong had been identified as the player who "lifted up his shirt, beat his chest, and started barking and yelling at the K-9 before the start of the game."

What a monster. Perhaps if he had simply shot it for looking scary there wouldn't be a problem.

No charges have been filed, but taunting a police K-9 carries a third-degree felony charge in Pennsylvania

A 3rd degree felony which carries a sentence of up to 7 years in prison in Pennsylvania for "taunting" a police k-9.

I know I know. The k-9 is trained to be an easily set off weapon and taunting it could provoke it and it could end up hurting someone. Then maybe having it where a bunch of rowdy, adrenaline pumped men prepared to play a physical contact sport are coming out from their locker room is not the best place to have such a volatile creature.

But seriously, why is this even considered a felony? We can't even get police who needlessly shoot and kill civilian pets charged with anything, but taunting a police k-9 is a felony.

SOURCE
edit on 11-11-2015 by FraggleRock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

Steroids make you silly....and dangerous.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
At first I thought, what a stupid thread. But having read it I have to agree with you. Now this player will not get more than a warning most likely. But Joe Schmo down the street could. One more law that can heavily punish someone who does not even know the law exists. Soon we will have to watch out for the laws that forbid walking on the cracks in the sidewalks .

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Because being "amped up" for a football game means you go yell at animals?

Oh.

Okay.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

The LEO should've released the K-9. I bet that thug wouldn't tease K-9s anymore.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Oh.

Okay.

If you've ever seen football players exit the locker room and come out of the tunnel you'd know that they are often yelling at just about anything and everything.

So.

Yeah.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

The LEO should've released the K-9. I bet that thug wouldn't tease K-9s anymore.

Dunno

Some of them steroid pumped NFL players are pretty damned huge. If they had we'd might be reading a story of how the Raider ate a K9 unit and he was charged with killing and consuming a LEO

Could happen.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I don't recall ever seeing a football player screaming and beating their chest at cops. Walking down the tunnel, sure. Directed at cops?

No.

So.

Nah.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Well I have, so there we are. Two different perspectives based on two different sets of experiences. Imagine that.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This is just stupid. Why not start locking up the tools that beat their women?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

reading a description of Ray-rays behavior, I think of something like this

edit on 11-11-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I suppose the good side of this is that he isn't beating his girl friend. Upsetting the police seems like an ignorant past time.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Sounds good. Though we do disagree on the premise of the OP. You fault the cop for daring to have a dog in the tunnel.

I fault the player for being a jackass.

Agree to disagree.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Nothing more fun than harassing a cop dog.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

The University of Cincinnati Bearcats had a basketball player charged with 'assaulting a police horse' one year. Funny headline, but serious potential consequences.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Sure I will agree with the player being an idiot perhaps but to call him a thug and on steroids because of this incident is pure ignorance. If you've never played the sport then you wouldn't understand but players will do a lot of things to get amped up for the game. Some of those things I would classify as stupid.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I think stupidity is on the cops for bringing a K9 near athletes, who are both ready to rumble....

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

The stupidity is spending ANY time or money on this nonissue. So this dude "did the ape" to a dog. Why are we even talking about this?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

slow day..... I guess.... but hey, I've seen football athletes go ape on women and children before a game.... it would be a non-issue if cops weren't so stupid.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Oh.

Okay.

If you've ever seen football players exit the locker room and come out of the tunnel you'd know that they are often yelling at just about anything and everything.

So.

Yeah.

Doesn't make it right . . . . .

I'm going to go see Fast and Furious 7 so I'm gonna take my little Ford Taurus and max it out on the way to the theater because I'm "amped" up.

Although it is a 3rd Degree felony, I doubt he is going to go to jail for it, he will probably just get a warning. It's retarded because it's not just a dog, it's a working animal trained for a specific purpose. While most other dogs might cower or 'join' with him, this dog saw what he did as aggressive, it knew it was 'on duty', and could have went after the retard. THATS why this is an issue.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join