It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It was an anti-ICBM test in California, not an ICBM test.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: weemadmental

Never seen a separation that flies away from the missile, then overtakes it. I would assume the separation already took place considering the altitude required for the Sun to light up the fuel like that. But I don't have the operating white notes on this missile handy.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

They launch the Minuteman from Vandenberg before sunrise all the time. It depends on the range they landing in and the time difference there, which allows a better view of the end of the test and better control of the landing area.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: BIGPoJo

You can't defeat an ICBM in all phases of flight with one defense system. The phases are far too different. You either hit it in the boost phase, or terminal phase, and that is proving almost impossible.

You still have no impact signature, no launch signature, no signature of the missile being shot down, no in flight signature.

Have you ever seen the SM -3 signature? Both the launch and flight portions have a signature you can see for a long way away. All that is missing here.

I have seen tests which use lasers to disable a missile and depending on where it gets hit you will not notice any impact.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

The separation occurred when you saw that big cloud. The first stage carries the most fuel and burns until fairly high altitude.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

And did the laser look like the red light you saw in this video?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The laser was not in the visible spectrum.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

So, what, an object flies up to the missile, shoots a laser that has a visual result that looks exactly like the first stage separation, and leaves no obvious signature that the missile was shot down?

Because that's what you're describing at this point.
edit on 11/9/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/9/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yup morning test makes sense if range is east of launch area.

So was it still daylight at presumed test range?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

Yes. It should have been sometime around late morning at the time the launch took place.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I watched the whole thing unfold with the "rocket" and let me tell you it was no test. Almost something out of the Superman Movie I half expected all the Tv's to start Chanting you are not alone!
Anyways I was in Anaheim when this happened and the rocket was in full throttle before stopping to hover very strangely for a couple minutes. It was hard to tell if it was going up or down tho
Then it releases some type of spray and turns into a light? For a good few minutes almost like the sky had its own flashlight. Not to mention the choppers that followed.

And I'm suppose to believe its some bs missle test launch on display for the public? Momma didn't raise no fool i trust "offical" reports i trust my eyes and my gut and my knowledge. Crazy times we live in seems the government is having more and more trouble keepin all their sh*t straight

Alas i Could still be wrong tho

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTruthBruhh

And I'm suppose to believe its some bs missle test launch on display for the public? Momma didn't raise no fool i trust "offical" reports i trust my eyes and my gut and my knowledge.

Well then, why is it a BS launch when you said you trust official reports, because the official reports said it was a missile launch?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo
a reply to: nwtrucker

Its our business, if you pay taxes, we paid for the damn thing.

2nd.

Yes, "we", the collective. It's decided that the interests of the general population, not just you, is NOT to disclose classified details.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Did the general population decide that, or TPTB? Really, I understand the need for secrecy but its just too overblown nowadays.

Personally, I don't want "classified details", I just want the outer edges.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Maybe they are showing to China that they have high energy directed plasma weapons.

or Anti-ICBM technology?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
This ought to settle it...watch the whole thing.
m.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Battlefresh
This ought to settle it...watch the whole thing.
m.youtube.com...

Horrible video quality altered by a watermark. Doesn't show us much. I would LOVE to see the footage that the military has of the test. The telescope mounted footage.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join