It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police attack and beat two men for... jaywalking

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

A video that has gone viral online shows Austin, Texas police beating up and arresting two men early Friday morning for allegedly jaywalking. They subsequently arrest a third man and a woman who had witnessed the incident.

Police tell bystanders they are taking the man to jail, while bystanders ask what he had done.
“Crossing against the light,” an officer says in an apparent reference to jaywalking.

A man and a woman, who appear to be friends of the two men being arrested and who were questioning the police’s actions, are also arrested in the video.

This is not the first time the city’s arrest policy for jaywalking has come under question. Last year, the city made international news after police beat up a jogger for jaywalking.
At a press conference concerning the incident, Austin Police Chief Art Acevedo quickly came to the defense of the arresting officers, saying they may have been rough with the female college student, but they hadn’t raped her.

Source

Watch the video, what happens is plain as day. These guys get attacked, beaten, and arrested by several cops for simply crossing the street, and then two witnesses get arrested as well.
In reference to an older situation in which a jogger was also attacked by the police for jaywalking, the Police Chief actually said "they may have been rough with the female college student, but they hadn’t raped her". This is the man who runs the police department from which these thugs come from. Psychopaths from top to bottom.
We always hear about the "good cops", but where are they? All I see is a bunch of other officers going along with it. Every officer standing there played a role in allowing this to happen to these men. At this point I won't believe in "good cops" until I see a video of one stepping in and stopping the psychopathic rampage of one of his fellow officers.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I am at loss of words, these events are happening daily, my only question is do we see more violence from cops because of cameras everywhere, or are they more violent by the day.
edit on 7-11-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Oh man Austin cops are sissies!!!
They fail to tactically take someone down so they resort to punching, they even punched the poor dudes arm hahah.

On a more serious note, the police in the USA need to be steroid tested!
edit on 7-11-2015 by muSSang because: Terrible spelling

edit on 7-11-2015 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

No back story here but what i take out of this is this , seems like all the female officers have arms most men would be happy with . And the roids also seem to have shrunk their ..... never mind .

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Do these cops live in a cave? What are they thinking?

Surely they are aware of the plethora of videos coming out especially the last year, showcasing horrible cop behavior and resulting in cops losing their jobs, being harassed out of their homes and into hiding, having official complaints in their jacket if they keep their job, lawsuits against the city they work for...

We are watching you! Stop misbehaving! Go find some real criminals!

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Lol, as USUAL, the melodrama is blatantly hilarious... He was jay-walking? "OMG, red team go, red team go!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

This is how comedic it's become... And a PRIME EXAMPLE. SLOW DAY AT THE STATION, BOYS?

Remember when cops simply gave you a warning and sent you on your way without incident? Yeah, long gone are those days...
edit on 7-11-2015 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Don`t they know they could have been KILLED Jwalking? surprised they didn`t shoot and kill them.
edit on 7-11-2015 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

Haha, I'm telling you if I got attacked like that I probably would be the next video being shot,because I'm getting away, and taking a few with me..

Go go go go! We got walkers on the cross walk!! #en looked like they were taking down a terrorist! Lmao these guys make me laugh, wanna be soldiers who couldn't make the cut as a true infantryman mind or body..

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The amount of violence and overall use of resources used for a few individuals crossing a street against the light is simply ludicrous. For inquiring minds who would like to know why more and more people are developing a deep distrust and/or hatred for law enforcement, this video is a good example.
edit on 7-11-2015 by FraggleRock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

No back story here

The one officer clearly says in the video that they're being taken to jail for "crossing against the light", ie jaywalking. So this whole situation with them being attacked was simply, by the officer's own admission, because they crossed a street.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
One of the most unprofessional acts of policing I have seen, buncha superhero's
No rape at least..WTF, this situation deserves no more words..none Im allowed to type anyway.
edit on 7-11-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

haha If it is not clear we are in a war with these pigs, then suffer the innocents.

time to fight back.. or you eat the cake thrown at you.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

That shows, you are just as dangerous as those cops to the average citizen.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
One of the most unprofessional acts of policing I have seen, buncha superhero's
No rape at least..WTF, this situation deserves no more words..none Im allowed to type anyway.

Just in case you were unaware, this case and the case that brought the statement referencing rape are two separate incidents. It just happens that both were incidents involving Austin police using inappropriate force for jaywalking.

I share your sentiments though...

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Oh is that right? Because I'm not going to be randomly attacked and ill defend myself in such situations? No if I'm right I will fight for it I don't care who you are badge or otherwise, I do not react well getting jumped and beaten on by a gang of thugs nor should you, my immediate response, would be to get away as fast as possible and get them off of me. Sorry you lay down, I don't and never will.
edit on 7-11-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

You are wrong. Now bend over, sissy. I have a reason to enjoy you, and not your posts.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Don`t become another statistic TechniXcality

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Seems that every day is something else. Every single day.

At least no one got shot here. How pathetic is it to say that?

This system is broken, and needs to be scrapped. I shudder to think how many more outrageous videos we will see in the meantime.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: gps777

Thanks brother but, that situation has not ever happened to me involving police. They don't bother me and I don't bother them, putting myself in those shoes, being randomly attacked by a group of people knowing I've done nothing wrong, yea it's time to get them off me and get away. That's how I would think immediately..

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   

I've just finished posting in another thread about US law enforcement officers being the dictionary definition of "terrorists" but I should have also mentioned that they act like outlaw bikie gangs when protecting and serving up their "us against the civilians" industry entrenched violence.

Then they have the audacity to question and wonder why they are despised and disrespected by civilians across the country.

They have clearly taken "To protect and Serve" as meaning "protect each other at all costs by serving up beatings and using thug tactics on unarmed civilians".

Thank God for Youtube and Liveleak for allowing civilians to upload these recordings which clearly show Law Enforcement officers being the Thug assholes they have earned as a reputation.

Undeniable accountability

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join