It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police attack and beat two men for... jaywalking

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I just watched this on facebook and I really thought these cops were actors demonstrating police brutallity at its worst.

But to my horror this was a real incident.

These cops were hunting for victims.. This was too organized within that space of time...too many cops available at that place on that momemt.

If I was a judge I make an example out of them..strip them from their job... and pension.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

Half the Cops in the USA need to be mentally tested and the other half arrested and banged up.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

shame on those officers. agreed with a previous post that its a complete waste of resources. maybe they did it coz they felt they could get more on them like drugs etc. just took a chance.

I like seeing the videos where officers act in such a bad manner however there is x1 good officer that puts it right. Not that i like to see the video because people are being treated bad. . just a happier ending

it's a shame we did not see that scenario here.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Here is the real question - where is the official police report? What happened before this video?

What we see looks bad. If these people were jaywalking, and if that is the only reason they were accosted and so forth, that's a problem. However, we have only their word for that. For all we know, they were openly breaching barriers, and refusing to stop when asked by police, which is a real issue. If they broke a law, and a cop asked them to stop, to receive a ticket, and they refused, that is indeed grounds for further action.

If you are speeding, and the cops signal you to pull over, and you do, you get a ticket. If instead you decide to flee, you get arrested. Is anyone here claiming that it should not be that way? If not then the only difference in this case could be the lack of a vehicle.

We also don't know if jaywalking is the real offense. That term is being used quite a lot, but even the news reports state that a barrier was crossed. That sounds to me as though a particular street was blocked off for some reason, and that one might have needed permission to cross there, or should even have crossed somewhere else. Passing a barrier isn't the same as simple jaywalking.

So, what's the whole story here? Does anyone know? Does anyone even care, or is this just another case of assuming the cops are always wrong?

Added to all this, the woman who was arrested was interfering in the case. She wasn't just standing back and expressing herself, but was approaching them and being belligerent. They didn't arrest her the first time she did that, either. You simply don't walk up on cops who are already wrestling with one person, yelling at the, because that does look like a threat. Her actions brought on her arrest.

Maybe the police did cross a line here. It's possible. It does happen. Maybe, though, we are only being shown and told a tiny part of the whole picture, to push an agenda. Instead of playing along, perhaps we should all take a step back, and wait for the whole story. Isn't ATS supposed to be about denying ignorance?

If and when all the data is out, if the cops are clearly wrong, then, and only then, should we be condemning their actions. They have as much right to "innocent until proven guilty" as anyone else.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
So, the streets in the area were blocked OFF...NO TRAFFIC on the streets because of that, but they're STILL heavily enforcing Jaywalking laws?? WTAF??

If the roads are # down to vehicle traffic, then what is the point in all of this?

I would've walked across the SHUT DOWN STREET too! That's the point, for pedestrian safety, to shut the streets down where a lot of people are walking/congregating.

I'm sure the guy will get a resisting arrest charge, since he was trying to protect his head from being beat in. Lucky he wasn't shot!

This stuff is just beyond ridiculous. It's only going to keep getting worse, too.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

How could one be Jaywalking if the streets were shut down?

Even if they are Jaywalking, do they deserve to be beaten and arrested?? Wtf?

I'm tired of the "well, they must have done something to deserve it" posts. Seriously, NO ONE deserves to be treated like this in the U.S. For crossing the darn street.

Having a badge and gun does NOT put them above the law and allow them to treat and abuse people however they please.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

I'm tired of the "well, they must have done something to deserve it" posts. Seriously, NO ONE deserves to be treated like this in the U.S. For crossing the darn street.

Having a badge and gun does NOT put them above the law and allow them to treat and abuse people however they please.

You forgot to add require most of the bloody station to arrive as back up....were there like 12 cops there ...seriously...tax dollars hard at work

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

That's the point; if the streets were blocked (and a barrier of some sort was mentioned), then jaywalking isn't the right term to use. I couldn't hear if that's what was said in the video or not (my hearing, not the video), but whoever used it would be a bit off, if it was crossing a barrier instead.

Again, doesn't seem like jaywalking is the correct term. That aside, if they crossed a barrier illegally, and if they were told to stop and receive a citation, and if they didn't, and kept going, that would be cause for arrest. If they resisted, then some force would have been justified. I didn't see "beating", per se, as much as some use of force, except for the arm being punched. The arm, of course, was flexed, and the guy was not cooperating. Whether or not that was the right decision, we can't know, without knowing all of the circumstances. I will say, it did look like a bit of overuse, and too many cops to detain one person, fr the situation. Why that was done is a question.

I didn't say that they "must have done something to deserve it"; I stated that they might have done something to warrant arrest. Meaning, we don't know what happened before, except for their side of the story, and thus shouldn't jump to conclusions until such time as we have all the facts. If we do, how are we so different from actual out of control cops?

N one ever said it did. As for your little abbreviation, get over it. i have as much right to my opinion as you do to yours. If you can't handle different opinions, then you are the one with a problem. Waiting for all of the evidence seems to bother you. Too bad.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

So what, is this the pedestrian version of a speed trap? Why just pick on the people with cars, right? LoL. It's so sad, it's funny.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The "pedestrians" were confrontational from the very beginning. It must suck being a cop nowadays with all the youtube vigilantes waiting for their 15 minutes of fame to show the world how right they were against these "renegade " cops. Yes I agree some policemen do act out of consideration of law, but I am feeling more and more that in some cases like this, certain groups go above and beyond to drop their f bombs while videoing the police that are trying their best to gain control of a situation that is obviously getting out of hand.

This aint Mayberry, and the citizens are showing disrespect more and more as expressed as their so called rights.

I reserve the right to state, restate, and change my position at each individual case that gets shown to the world. And in this case, I feel this was accelorated by the so called jaywalkers.
edit on 11-11-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

So, the streets in the area were blocked OFF...NO TRAFFIC on the streets because of that, but they're STILL heavily enforcing Jaywalking laws?? WTAF??

If the roads are # down to vehicle traffic, then what is the point in all of this?

I would've walked across the SHUT DOWN STREET too! That's the point, for pedestrian safety, to shut the streets down where a lot of people are walking/congregating.

I'm sure the guy will get a resisting arrest charge, since he was trying to protect his head from being beat in. Lucky he wasn't shot!

This stuff is just beyond ridiculous. It's only going to keep getting worse, too.

It almost sounds like you are implying that a regular citizen should look at a law and decide if it is valid at the moment and decide if they should or shouldn't obey that law. Really?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
It almost sounds like you are implying that a regular citizen should look at a law and decide if it is valid at the moment and decide if they should or shouldn't obey that law. Really?

Citizens are under no obligation to follow unjust laws, though if you decide to not follow a law the police are probably going to have a word with you. Then again, that will give you an opportunity to argue against the unjust law in court and get it thrown out if your argument is good enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join