It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Police attack and beat two men for... jaywalking

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:21 AM
a reply to: TechniXcality

I would urge you not to run or fight back as i would hate to have a video here of you being killed .

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:23 AM
So one is going to mention the statement on the video about these kids "jumping on the barricades" prior to jaywalking?

I'm a displaced Austin local from way back, and trying to place the area...looks like Red River District, I might be wrong on that though....but um....for you new cats....that area was recently gentrified from a long history of being a pretty dark and seedy road known for some of the more hardcore illicit drugs and violent activities.

If you think that video was harsh, you should have seen the mayhem in San DIego when the Navy boys got drunk and rowdy...those copsicles were pretty notorious for being heavy handed if the Marines didn't break it up know, back in the mid-90's when cell phones weren't commonplace and youtube wasn't even a twinkle in a programmers eye.

Just sayin' - given the history of that area, it's no wonder they are keeping an eye out.

And, just because I know I'm gonna get hate for this....why the hell can't you people just obey the damn pedestrian laws?

"I mean, like whoa man, I ain't waitin' for the effin light to change....eff this."

Not kosher behavior as a guest and/or resident of a city.
Just sayin.

Don't wanna get in hot water with the cops?
Play by the damned rules.

Oh, and just for the formal record....responding to me in hope of provoking further responses are futile. I've said my peace. Now flame away, oh ye disaffected and outraged too cool for schoolers. Peace ya'll. I'm out.

It's not a freakin' MENSA test out there people.

edit on 11/7/15 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:23 AM
a reply to: muSSang

Oh dear, 5 bodies and not an ounce of training between them.

"Bundles!!! Oooh, dead arm, dead arm!"

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:25 AM
Ten cops to hand out an on-the-spot fine for jaywalking?

Meanwhile the bloods and the crips are 'business as usual' ....

America , the world is watching and cancelling their next holiday .

On a lighter note , at least they didn't rape her .

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:28 AM
a reply to: hutch622

I'm just saying those guys had the right to defend themselves in that situation I equate that to a "no knock raid" done on the wrong house being mine, I will defend my castle just like I will defend my person, if I am right I'll die over that. They had the right to defend themselves, lets be honest here and talk about it like it truly is we are expected to not defend ourselves because we are firmly under the boot of oppression. Not because we are not morally or objectively right to do so.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:29 AM

Haha, I'm telling you if I got attacked like that I probably would be the next video being shot, because I'm getting away, and taking a few with me..

Constitutes killing almost random people over a beatup. By saying you are taking a few with you, you make it a rampage.
You would probably even kill the wrong people and innocent bystanders. Think about what you wrote.

That´s what I say and you can write all day around your "I´m not gonna be a victim"-mentality, it has nothing to do with what I quoted and responded to. But I know I wont get any help here, because it´s the mindest of many people.

I stand by me statement.

Edit: Since you edit your post.
I´m not gonna lay down. Sad that you have to imply this about me to get a hold. I´m just not going to kill "a few" (means random) people.
Let´s keep the accusations away, shall we, and stay at the core point of your post.

You are just as bad as those cops if you come back after fleeing to "take a few with you". If you can´t see that by yourself I´m sorry for you.
edit on 7-11-2015 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

(post by laminatedsoul removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:34 AM
a reply to: verschickter

I never once talked about killing a cop, so you are mistaken I would get away in the act of getting away a few would go down and likely I would be shot because that's how the tape plays these days. You ran with a statement because you want to paint me as a violent person, I'm not violent but I won't be gang beaten.. Anyway the cops are wrong period end of story and the kids had every right in my opinion to defend themselves and get away from being unlawfully beaten and arrested. Simple

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:39 AM
So where are you "taking the few" with you, when you know you will probably be shot. Arent you going to be dead? So are the cops if you "take them with you"? Come on you´re not going to fool me.

Btw, It´s not that single post of yours that makes me think you´re a little violent jumpy. Let´s remind ourselfs the first thing you wrote in another thread about refugees in germany was sending military aid to us. That tells a lot about your mindset.

Also this:

Lmao these guys make me laugh, wanna be soldiers who couldn't make the cut as a true infantryman mind or body..

Yes, it certainly makes you think.

I´m not going to argue with you further more because it get´s offtopic. I still stand by what I say.
What you said you would do makes you more dangerous than those cops. That´s my opinion. Fullstop.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:40 AM
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

I do agree GENERAL EYES, I did hear they were asked to stop jumping on the barricade, but its just some young guys out for a bit of a good time, fine them for Jwalking if they must, but cop a beat down for it is just ridiculous.

Your police need to lighten up and gain peoples opinions of them, especially guys that age.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:46 AM

If you are being attacked,(and you are morally right) you have a right to fight back that is a principal of mine its how i grew up it is how i think period. My goal as stated is to get away in the process with the police we deal with, i would likely be shot if i got away because i would have to use force, hence taking a few with me. You are misunderstanding and you are still trying to paint me as advocating murder and that's wrong, you are wrong.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:48 AM
a reply to: laminatedsoul

Same with you. Where do you get the idea I support the actions of those cops?
Poor attempt.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:50 AM

You don´t need to explain self defense to me. And you contradict yourself on every post.

One time you would run and come back, take a few with you (into death)
One time you would run and I would lay down.
One time you stand your ground and fight.

So what is it?
Trying to construe it into the situation above, where you outpower them and flee and you mean "taking them down" while fleeing. I don´t buy it.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:51 AM
a reply to: laminatedsoul

Negative. I am a Meat Popsicle.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:51 AM
This is particularly hard on foreign visitors who may come from countries where "jaywalking" isn't illegal.
I read of a case of an English professor, visiting on a conference, who casually seized the opportunity of a gap in the traffic, as he would have done at home, and found himself jumped on by a couple of strangers in plain clothes. Of course he defended himself from these muggers, and got done for "resisting arrest" as well.
edit on 7-11-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:53 AM

Yea, im not sure you are a native English speaker, I've kept the same line of thought this whole time. im done with this, im not advocating police murder i am advocating defending one's self period. stop trolling me

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:03 AM

I will second that before it gets removed......

On topic...Jaywalking really ...omg..

What keeps spinning in my head is that some police must be so bored,crime is reducing even though population is growing,these guys and girls must sit there and gee themselves up before they go out on a beat,and then get really down when there is no actual crime so they just start looking for reasons to push their chests out and feel needed and or tough...

Steroids anyone ?...ffs they have drug tests now so if you have anything in your system while driving you are up the #,time to roll the drug tests out to these officers before anyone else gets hurt because they had their feelings hurt.....

edit on 11/7/2015 by Mirthful Me because: Removed mannered quote...

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:12 AM
Guess all they had to do is let the cops take them to the ground and cooperate and they would have been fine.

Don't you guys know anything?

Because that is the natural reaction to getting rushed and accosted.
I wouldn't want to be thrown to the ground either.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:28 AM
I did not see them announce their presence as police. If I were blindly jumped from behind, by multiple opponents,it is a sure bet that it would get bloody real fast.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:29 AM
It all began with the jackbooted thug named Sheriff Gerald Hege of the Court TV show some years back called The Toughest Cop In America.

His catch phrase was,..

This ain't Mayberry,
And I aint Andy.

edit on 7-11-2015 by smirkley because: Correction

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>