It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

January 7, 2005

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I have come to really dislike predictions that have a close date.

The reason is, from my personal experience, no one on ATS has made a prediction-big end of the world and such- and had it come true. Here I am on the 7th at 11AM and nothing-I admit still plenty of day left, but I don't think anything will happen.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MiTo
The day isn't over yet, however I guess nothing important will happen today, as always. I'm getting sick of all hoaxes and I'm getting this feeling of being scammed over and over.

[edit on 7/1/05 by MiTo]

You know, I doubt that most of them are hoaxes. A lot of this disaster- or big-event-predicting we see here is mostly a hope for a more exciting world.

A lot of us here have had the great good fortune to have been born into (relatively) well-to-do families. We've never faced the threat of serious violence, nor of serious social upheval. Our imaginations are fueled by romantic reflections of war: be it WWI, WWII, Korea, Viet Nam, the current conflicts, or even in some made-up place. We don't truly understand how horrifying such events can be when you're living through them. We only understand that we're, in some way, slightly dissatisfied with our own life. We imagine that if some Great Event™ such as civil war, strife, economic collapse, or world-wide disaster should come that it would somehow "purge" the world, that it would make life simpler and easier, and that that would solve their dissatisfaction with where they are.

Because of that we see a lot of "OMG Teh World Si Gonna End!!!!11!oneoneone" threads, with an unsurprising lack of fulfillment.

That doesn't mean that it isn't fun to play "what if" during the threads, though, nor does it mean that every prediction is automatically just wishful thinking, just that it's not surprising that all of the end-of-the-world predictions, to date, have fallen through.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
guys never said anything about time zones so give it a couple of days

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I still haven't found a thread that said something was supposed to happen today except for this one which is asking about a thread that said something was to happen today?

so what's happening here? is there a thread? was something supposed to happened? if so what? I am confused.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whiskey Jack

A lot of us here have had the great good fortune to have been born into (relatively) well-to-do families. We've never faced the threat of serious violence, nor of serious social upheval. Our imaginations are fueled by romantic reflections of war: be it WWI, WWII, Korea, Viet Nam, the current conflicts, or even in some made-up place. We don't truly understand how horrifying such events can be when you're living through them. We only understand that we're, in some way, slightly dissatisfied with our own life. We imagine that if some Great Event� such as civil war, strife, economic collapse....

Hi there Whiskey Jack, I know what war is all right and I wish it upon noone! I've had the luck of not being in the middle of the war zone, however I'll tell you this, there are no winners in war. I'll even dare to say this, the saying 'inter arma silent leges' is true and it's real sorrow and pain to realize how savage some people (if you can even call them that) can be.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I still haven't found a thread that said something was supposed to happen today except for this one which is asking about a thread that said something was to happen today?

so what's happening here? is there a thread? was something supposed to happened? if so what? I am confused.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I know what it is. It is David Boothes prediction that January 7 is the start of a new upheavel and unrest upon man. War will break out in different places. That the tribulation started on October 13, 2004 which is the great and terrible day of the lord that starts. (www.detailshere.com...)
On January 7, 2005 is the start of "The Heart of the Scorpion, Antares Returns Season of Death begins January 7, 2005." It is here that the wars and rumors of wars begin and that the ball of redemption is very, very near.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I had a premonition that I would begin posting on some nutbagger conspiracy website.

...woah.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Nah. Your just a nutbagger posting on a conspiracy website.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
well i failed my math test got a C- on my term paper and got the highest grade on my biology test. An F+

I think this little date was telling me the worst day in my academic history

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
nothing happened to me today and I don't know of anything special (perhaps some babies were born) happening today. Considering the day is over.... and it's already the 8th in most parts of the world....

who started this thing anyway?

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Jupiter869 remembered hearing something said about a prediction for January 7 but couldn't remember. The prediction that he is thinking about is the one David Booth gave for that date.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
If it's any consolation: I just got back on ATS after some time; this is a big event, now the resident Indian is going to pester ATS to his hearts desire.

Every single prediction posted on ATS has never come true, seriously. It's becoming boring now; redundant predictions of 'something' occuring on some 'arbritary' day, gets ones blood boiling !

Deep

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jupiter869
I've read it on ATS somewhere that something BIG is supposed to happen on January 7th, this year. (Of course, I've also read just about every other date too.)

Can someone refresh?
Is it the ICBM that crashes into GWB's noggin?
The UFO landing?
The second coming?

Seriously though, which one is it supposed to be?

Yeah! Santa missed his train on the 31st night. He's arriving today!!! Cheers! (Poor guy, couldn't make it on his bob sled as it got washed away in the Tsunami!!!!)

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
This tread is now out-of-date!

It's no longer valid!

It should be closed!

Peace

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Dont post a prediction unless you deam it to be 100% true, if you do you are wasting time and space

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by thirddensity
My son turns 3 on Jan. 7th. He thinks that's when he will become ruler of the Earth.

Be prepared...

Mine turned 3 on December 16.
Happy birthday to your son!

BTW my husband wants to be Emperor of the Earth...or at least he talks about what he'd do....

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I read some numerologists on this website think the next terrorist attack is going to come on January 16th, or maybe it was the 18th.

Since there is a pattern in the attacks and that is when the pattern would continue.

Not sure I never really studied it. But if I try to be a psychic I picture the Southwest middle states being hit next.

Or my specific area where I am (Fall RIver Massachusetts area). But that is just where I generally live, but I picture like my house on the outskirts of these explosions and me being affected by them. I picture myself in shock, and then I goto war on my own terms.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
In biblical times , when ever a prophit did not get a perdiction correctly , they stoned him/her to dealth . I think that if we start doing this again , then we will have only true prophits giving us the correct answers .. stones anyone ?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
what Whiskey Jack said was probably the most truthful thing i have ever heard. well put Jack.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join