It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Carson claimed West Point 'scholarship' but never applied

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

He's been open and honest about his childhood since day one. Those claims were made by him, on his own volition, rather than being an attempt to smear his character. He was a kid and he has turned his life around. Those stories will have zero impact on his ability to be elected POTUS, at least among Conservative voters.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

It was a joke. If you took it as serious then it's my fault, and my apology. Of course he didn't go into the surgical profession because he likes to cut people. The joke was that he tried to stab someone once and missed, so became a doctor as a way to stab someone - a joke.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Lotta hateful bigotry suddenly being displayed, isn't there? Beware your sins will find you.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Racism is never a joke nor a laughing matter. We, as a society, should be rising above it by now.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Lotta hateful bigotry suddenly being displayed, isn't there? Beware your sins will find you.

Actually, I see a lot of people capitalizing on racial stereotypes today with regard to Ben Carson...stupid, insane, deceptive. We all know what those words are code for.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Racism is never a joke nor a laughing matter. We, as a society, should be rising above it by now.

That sir, is the best way to put it.

Calling racism a joking matter is better left in the 60s.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
Actually, I see a lot of people capitalizing on racial stereotypes today with regard to Ben Carson...stupid, insane, deceptive. We all know what those words are code for.

People who argue politics?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Racism??? Where did you get racism out of my post? It's a joke about a person who said he tried to stab someone as a teenager and missed, and then became a surgeon. In this instance racism is in the eye of the beholder, and not the way I look at it.

edit on 6-11-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I feel bad for Ben, he seems a nice guy, I don't understand why the media is after him.

This will be the reality TV presidency, might as well be Trump,

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Yeah, but can you really blame Conservatives for this kind of thing?

If it weren't for double-meanings, what would Conservatives say?

(PS, I think the words you're looking for are "urban," "lazy," and "low-information.")

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Are Conservatives really "playing the race card" now?

What's next for Dr. Carson supporters? Suggesting Caitlyn Jenner as a running mate?

/wondersnevercease

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Anybody here able to substantiate outside of the mainstream talking heads on whether the op is correct in iterating the topic point?

If not, bin this thread as just another digital unsupported blurb. Hoax.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
wow,
why did they not vet obama's book

Which book? What was wrong with it?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Enochstask
a reply to: theantediluvian
I wish the media would of vetted Obama like they do the Republicans then we wouldn't be in the mess that we are in. No worries Carson can always get a job at NBC, they let you make things up over there.

Vetting Obama, like his birth certificate controversy? The fact that he was only a community organizer before a Senator? Accusations of his involvement with the mob (because he's from Chicago of course)? But nah, the media were NEVER critical of Obama. /sarc

Human Beings should be Vetted regularly.
edit on 6-11-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

What's next for Dr. Carson supporters? Suggesting Caitlyn Jenner as a running mate?

/wondersnevercease

But I thought conservatives didn't approve of Political Correctness?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Gryphon66

/wondersnevercease

But I thought conservatives didn't approve of Political Correctness?

I don't know what to tell you, Krazy ... I only know what I read.

Some days, like today, I can't believe what I'm reading, but nonetheless.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Personally, I think it's a partisan issue, in general. Some of the comments made about Herman Cain were reprehensible, too. Republicans and democrats can be vicious when it comes to hating one another -- there's really no depth they won't sink to.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I'm pointing out that there's a clear track record of the media and the more vocal left assailing the character of African Americans who dare run on a Conservative ticket. THAT is absolutely racism. The only way it could be any more racist is if we traveled back to the 60s and 70s when liberals called black Republicans "race traitors" and "Uncle Toms."

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Who has ever heard of calling it racism when an African American was being abused politically?

(I'm being facetious; I only have three words - Barack Hussein Obama.)
edit on 15Fri, 06 Nov 2015 15:26:20 -060015p0320151166 by Gryphon66 because: Sorry for anyone who starred the old post

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I'm pointing out that there's a clear track record of the media and the more vocal left assailing the character of African Americans who dare run on a Conservative ticket. THAT is absolutely racism. The only way it could be any more racist is if we traveled back to the 60s and 70s when liberals called black Republicans "race traitors" and "Uncle Toms."

Can you give an example? I've honestly never heard that.

(I was 4 or 5 at the time.)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join