It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Carson claimed West Point 'scholarship' but never applied

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Well, over on Brietbart there isn't a mention of any of this stuff about Carson at all. I wouldn't be surprised if many conservatives are unaware about all these stories to be quite frank.

Just as how a lot of Democrats aren't to famillier with the Ayers/Obama stuff.

Everyone is starting to exist inside isolated hug-boxes, surrounding themselves with media and news that confirms their biases and tells them things they already believe.

I don't see this as a good thing, and I think it just divides us even more...

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Look we all exaggerate on resumes but it’s a line one crosses when they outright lie about something like this or plagiarizes

He, with all his self-righteousness and attempts to be extraordinary (a tough guy from the streets…genius brain surgeon [who btw has been sued 8 times for mal practice]) is a very extraordinary in one regard: he is an extraordinarily deceptive person

He’s got a lot of Obama and Hillary in him

nah, he's got a lot of republican in him

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Article

Carson was in the ROTC program and would have been at a banquet honoring the military that General Westmoreland attended at the same time.

There are, however, several reports of an event in February of that year, similar to the one Carson described. Then, Westmoreland was the featured guest at a 1,500-person banquet to celebrate Medal of Honor recipient Dwight Johnson. The event drew prominent guests, including the governor at the time, the mayor of Detroit, the president of Ford Motor Company and nine previous Medal of Honor awardees, according to an Associated Press account of the event. Carson, a leader of the city’s ROTC program at the time, may have been among the invited guests at the $10-a-plate event.

The West Point spokeswoman said it certainly is possible Carson talked with Westmoreland, and perhaps the general even encouraged him to apply to West Point. However, she said, the general would have explained the benefits of a West Point education without guaranteeing him entry. An application to West Point begins with a nomination by a member of Congress or another prominent government or military official. After that, a rigorous vetting process begins. If offered admission, all costs are covered; indeed there are no “full scholarships,” per se.

Furthermore the book "Gifted Hands" in which the claim for scholarship was made was ghost written by Cecil Murphy.

Cecil Murphey, who ghostwrote “Gifted Hands,” told POLITICO that his memory of Carson’s exchange with Westmoreland was hazy. “My gut response is that it was not a private meeting, but there were others there,” he said in an email. “The general took a liking to Ben and opened doors.”

Murphy probably got confused because while West Point doesn't do scholarships, if you are accepted you do have all expenses paid on the condition you serve in the military for four years. Carson didn't want to serve four years because he knew he wanted to be a doctor.

The fact that West Point doesn't do scholarships doesn't change the fact that Carson could have gotten into West Point if he wanted to, and would have had all expenses paid. This is more likely a typo made by the ghost writer who didn't understand the admissions and payment process of West Point than it is an intentional fabrication made by Carson.

The Trump fanatics are getting desperate if they have to bend over backwards like this to dig up dirt on Ben.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Would it surprise you to find out that it is all just over reaction to misunderstandings and many out their seek to unfairly demonize him because they disagree with him on real issues???

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Well, over on Brietbart there isn't a mention of any of this stuff about Carson at all. I wouldn't be surprised if many conservatives are unaware about all these stories to be quite frank.

Just as how a lot of Democrats aren't to famillier with the Ayers/Obama stuff.

Everyone is starting to exist inside isolated hug-boxes, surrounding themselves with media and news that confirms their biases and tells them things they already believe.

I don't see this as a good thing, and I think it just divides us even more...

"Ayers/Obama stuff"....you mean this....
en.wikipedia.org...

yeah...completely hidden....right......those dots don't connect

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I don't need a thread. I work for a living, making a bit too much to qualify for the Kept Voter handouts from the left while not making nearly enough to qualify as "F-you" money that would allow me the luxury of endlessly bitching about the system that got me there like Bill Gates and George Soros. (Hell, most of Americans Billionares are die-hard democrats, so those two names could be interchangeable with many others.) I believe the Bill of Rights is cut in stone and "Shall NOT Infringe" means SHALL NOT infringe. I believe in personal responsibility. I do not believe in forcing people to take responsibility for strangers, society, or anyone else they're not either related to or contractually bound to. I believe in individualism and connection to your own. I believe America should be the pinnacle of the world, above every other country, no exceptions and no politician should ever agree to any treaty, contract, or deal which moves us from that position. I believe in trade tariffs and import taxes.

Today's GOP doesn't really fit that bill because they have become more and more liberal during my lifetime, especially where economics and global trade are concerned. That said, there are a few conservatives still within the GOP, including Ben Carson, so I support them for my own benefit.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I've never understood this "liberal media" stuff. There are enough wealthy conservatives that can buy entire networks and create their own in order to suit the conservative agenda.

It's because they don't need too. Its a typical Republican GOP regurgitation myth.

* We will assume that the GOP , DNC, and the MSM aren't in it together and that they care more about political ideology than money.

The conservative titans: Foxnews and Drudge have more viewers than all the other liberal media outlets combined together despite being outnumbered by outlets.

What is important is viewership , and the republicans have that hands down. SO this liberal media stuff is malarky even if you assume they aren't working together.

Sad about Carson as he was the only one that appeared hopeful from the first GOP debate.

edit on 061130America/ChicagoFri, 06 Nov 2015 13:06:03 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

Right. This is spot on from what I can tell. Thank you for the information.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Carson's campaign just called the Politico story "an outright lie"
The story just appeared in The Daily Caller.
Unfortunately, I've not been able to open the article without my computer freezing.

I just noticed the aticle is reported on in a new thread HERE:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Politics isn't about reality...it's about perceptions.

Now the perception is that Dr. Ben is a man that fabricates stories to inflate peoples perception of HIM.

These questions will dog him until he finally bails.

His foolish assertions that pyramids were used to store grain won't do him any favors either.

You say stupid BS during a campaign and you reap what you sow. ex. Sarah Palin

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
ITS A POLITICO, blatant lie...

This just was released by the Carson campaign:

dailycaller.com...

Will the Politico rag be called out for what it is? Covert, "soft" acceptable RACISM? Did the good Doctor stray too far from the Democratic "plantation" so 1997 pyramids quotes, 1968 ROTC banquets become fair game? Couple that w/the "concern trolls" about EVERY word in HIS books makes this just another racist hit piece directed at someone who doesn't "think" the way the political world thinks he should.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

No what people will remember is that without any facts many were ready to crucify him.

You folks did not even bother to wonder if he had anything to say about the fabricated mess.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Carson campaign just came out accusing Politico story as "an outright lie"

dailycaller.com...

Sorry, due to my computer freezing as I keep trying to open the article fully, I haven't been able to read the whole article here.
If someone can copy and post it, I'd really appreciate it.

He was introduced to folks from West Point by his ROTC Supervisors. They told him they could help him get an appointment based on his grades and performance in ROTC. He considered it but in the end did not seek admission. There are “Service Connected” nominations for stellar High School ROTC appointments. Again he was the top ROTC student in Detroit. I would argue strongly that an Appointment is indeed an amazing full scholarship. Having ran several Congressional Offices I am very familiar with the Nomination process.

Again though his Senior Commander was in touch with West Point and told Dr. Carson he could get in, Dr Carson did not seek admission.

The Politico story is an outright Lie. Dr. Carson as the leading ROTC student in Detroit was told by his Commanders that he could get an Appointment to the Academy. He never said he was admitted or even applied.

The campaign never “admitted to anything”

This is what we have come to expect from Politico.”

Politico reporter Kyle Cheney, who has the byline on the Carson story, did not immediately respond to multiple requests for comment.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Carson's campaign just called the Politico story "an outright lie"
The story just appeared in The Daily Caller.
Unfortunately, I've not been able to open the article without my computer freezing.

I just noticed the aticle is reported on in a new thread HERE:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

“The campaign never ‘admitted to anything,'” a spokesman for Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson told The Daily Caller News Foundation in response to a hit by Politico claiming his campaign admitted to “fabricating” a key point about his West Point story.

“The Politico story is an outright Lie,” Doug Watts told TheDCNF.

Politico published a piece Friday claiming Carson’s campaign “admits fabricating” the fact that he applied and was admitted to West Point.

If this story by politico is a lie, I am afraid it is to late, other news media are picking it up no questions asked,

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

a reply to: Stormdancer777

Thank you.

anytime

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Amazing how many people here were ready to lynch Dr. Carson, before he was even able to respond to such a blatant partisan hit piece.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Amazing how many people here were ready to lynch Dr. Carson, before he was even able to respond to such a blatant partisan hit piece.

Yeah, That is why I waited until we got something from the Carson camp.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

This is almost like it is scripted.

I heard Carson was a plant, then there is Donald being Donald, saying things I cannot believe a candidate would dream of saying, then there is Bush looking more ignorant than his brother,

And then there is Hillary.

OMG who would want any of them?

Wait.. did I just agree with you?.. entirely?!

This election is a circus.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: theantediluvian

Sadly this would be ignored.

And Obama supporters played a big part in why it will likely be ignored. Democrats and republicans set lower and lower standards on the character flaws they are willing to overlook in the candidates their parties offer.

I remember when Obama exploited the 1965 Selma march to fabricate his own life narrative:

“This young man named Barack Obama got one of those tickets [to study in the U.S.], and he met this woman who’s great-great-great-great grandfather had owned saves,” he said.

“But she had a different idea. There’s some good craziness going on, because they looked at each other and they decided that we know that in the world that it has been it might not be possible for us to get together and have a child. But something’s stirring across the country because of what happened in Selma, Alabama because some folks are willing to march across a bridge. So they got together… Barack Obama, Jr. was born.

“So don’t tell me I don’t have a claim on Selma, Alabama. Don’t tell me I’m not coming home when I come to Selma, Alabama. I’m here because somebody marched for our freedom. I’m here because somebody marched for me. I stand on the shoulders of giants,” he continued.

Obama was 3-4 years old by then.

EDIT: And now I see Carson refutes this story.
edit on 6-11-2015 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join