It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what British Christian Rap looks like

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Sorry if the title was a little click bait. I used to rap a lot when I was younger, generally about criminal activities, smoking weed and women. But I've changed a lot thank God and want to start using hip hop in a positive way.

I know there is an animosity towards Christianity not just on this site but in general but I will post it here anyways

I welcome constructive feedback and criticism no matter how honest and brutal. This was more a test of my microphone and a general practise run. I plan on doing more in the future.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique
Honestly? Turn the mic volume up a skoshi bit. You're a little too close to the volume of the music. Secondly, memorize those lyrics, and put a little more heart into it. I got the feeling you were distracted. Stick with it. You'll get there.

edit on 11/5/2015 by Klassified because: clarity

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I prefer Xian metal..

vengeance rising from 1990

sorry didn't mean to derail. carry on.
edit on 11/5/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Strange how you always turn up when I start thinking to myself, "Been awhile since I saw that TechUnique guy around." I know we have our differences, and I've been an asshole in the past.. But one thing I have always admired at least, is the passion. Anyway.. Not too bad of a song. Thanks for sharing. The only thing that got to me was the sound like a baby crying and the saxophone. Those things got old fast (particularly the baby sound).

Take care!

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Honestly? Turn the mic volume up a skoshi bit. You're a little too close to the volume of the music. Secondly, memorize those lyrics, and put a little more heart into it. I got the feeling you were distracted. Stick with it. You'll get there.

I agree. I'm in a house share so was a bit wary of people hearing me. This was more a quick test run really but I'll be upping the levels soon, especially when I get my own place.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I stopped the video before you start to sing. Just when you said "YO".
edit on 5-11-2015 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

Strange how you always turn up when I start thinking to myself, "Been awhile since I saw that TechUnique guy around." I know we have our differences, and I've been an asshole in the past.. But one thing I have always admired at least, is the passion. Anyway.. Not too bad of a song. Thanks for sharing. The only thing that got to me was the sound like a baby crying and the saxophone. Those things got old fast (particularly the baby sound).

Take care!

Thanks bro. A pleasure as always.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

By way of constructive feedback: I tend to agree with what you've already received from others. The lyrics aren't bad - but your vocalization is a little dull. I'm not a huge fan of rap (with a couple of notable exceptions, see below), but what DOES draw me in is when the artist sounds genuinely passionate about what they're doing... and has some real intensity, vocally.

The loop in the background is kinda annoying too.

Have you checked out NF?
You could do a LOT worse than taking a leaf out of his book:

...the track below is the one by NF that actually got me into his music. Prior to that, I hadn't really listened to rap in about 10 years.

edit on 5-11-2015 by Awen24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Rap is not music. It is people who can't sing who want to be singers. It is utter talentless dross. Can you play an instrument? Do you know about chord progressions and scales? I have been a singer for many years. I have a very professional voice. I am a multi instrumentalist. True musical skill is hard won. You sound like a little baby. Why not try to be a REAL musician.

I have a great idea what you can do with that garageband software my furry little friends, I'll leave the rest to your imagination.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

Rap is not music. It is people who can't sing who want to be singers. It is utter talentless dross. Can you play an instrument? Do you know about chord progressions and scales? I have been a singer for many years. I have a very professional voice. I am a multi instrumentalist. True musical skill is hard won. You sound like a little baby. Why not try to be a REAL musician.

I have a great idea what you can do with that garageband software my furry little friends, I'll leave the rest to your imagination.

Couple of things:

a) Bit mean, dude.

b) While rap isn't my thing either, and while the vast majority of rap is, as you put it, "utter talentless dross", there is nonetheless rap out there in which the wordplay and the creativity of the lyrics is at the very least the equal of any other genre - and in some cases far beyond. THIS is what real rap is (in my mind) - it's all about the writing. Think... beat poets, only... less dorky.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Well I've heard plenty of rap on my radio but I don't think I've heard you, sorry.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
...smoking weed and women.

Whoa, hold the phone...how do you smoke women?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

What kind of mic are you using? If you need any advice/help on your setup, I'm in the process of putting together my own studio and I've learned a LOT. Id be happy to pass on anything I've learned!

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I typically freeze dry them first. Makes processing much easier.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Utter BS spouted by someone who clearly has no clue about Hip Hop.
I don't think much to the track in the OP, others have expressed the issues with it so I wont, but you cannot say ALL rap is crap or talentless dross.

I mean you can say it but it's complete ****

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I typically freeze dry them first. Makes processing much easier.

What...? amateur.

You rub two women together and this creates friction and then POW.... fire and thus, smoke.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

What...? amateur.

I defer to your obviously superior serial-killerness.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: blupblup

What...? amateur.

I defer to your obviously superior serial-killerness.

Whoa dude.... kill 'em?
I'm a lover not a fighter

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I've been playing guitar since I was 13. I'm also not terrible on the drums. I can actually sing a tune or 2 also. I can probably play and compose on guitar better than you can. Take your elitist attitude elsewhere.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

What kind of mic are you using? If you need any advice/help on your setup, I'm in the process of putting together my own studio and I've learned a LOT. Id be happy to pass on anything I've learned!

Yes please! I'm using a Blue Yeti USB mic. Please PM me any tips or tricks you have! Would be much appreciated.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join