It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Unions nationwide boycott Quentin Tarantinos work

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Cops across the country are calling for a boycott of Academy award winning director Quentin Tarantino's new movie "The Hateful Eight" for comments he made at an anti-police brutality rally in New York last week.

Here is what Tarantino said at the rally that has the cops so pissed.

“What am I doing here?” he asked. “I’m doing here [sic] because I am a human being with a conscience, and when I see murder, I cannot stand by, and I have to call the murdered the murdered, and I have to call the murderers the murderers.”

So the police are taking that as him calling all cops murderers Here is the chief of the LAPD's response

Speaking to reporters Tuesday, LAPD Chief Charlie Beck said the director “doesn’t understand the nature of the violence” that police officers face in their work.

“Mr. Tarantino lives in a fantasy world. That’s how he makes his living,” Beck said. “His movies are extremely violent, but he doesn’t understand violence. … Unfortunately, he mistakes lawful use of force for murder, and it’s not

Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke tweeted this image yesterday demanding MSNBC give him a 12 minute interview to respond to Tarantinos lies about him and police.

This just seems so petty, he calls out cops on certain cases, and calls it likes he sees it, a spade is a spade , so instead of addressing the issue of why. we attack the messenger.

Reminds me of a couple months ago when the Miami police union called for a boycott of Arbys because one idiot employee at one store said she wouldnt serve a cop, so they wanted people nationwide to stop eating there. even though the manager served the cop and fired the employee.

Its like a bunch of high school kids, well he started it...

I cant wait to go see "The Hateful Eight", but just because I love Tarantinos movies.

So I wonder if this will help the movie or hurt it? I am going with help..

www.salon.com... them/

Quentin Tarantino appeared on “All In With Chris Hayes” Wednesday night to defend himself against allegations that he’s “anti-police.”

Police unions across the country have called for a boycott of the director’s work after he spoke at an anti-police brutality rally in New York last week. “What am I doing here?” he asked. “I’m doing here [sic] because I am a human being with a conscience, and when I see murder, I cannot stand by, and I have to call the murdered the murdered, and I have to call the murderers the murderers.

edit on 5-11-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Him and the police have the right to say what they want, it dosent mean the cop unions are right on this one do.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

That doesn't sound very different than what the average informed person would say. Why are they singling out Tarantino?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

That doesn't sound very different than what the average informed person would say. Why are they singling out Tarantino?

This is why he says they did.

What they’re doing is pretty obvious,” he added. “Instead of dealing with the incidents of police brutality that those people were bringing up, instead of examining the problem of police brutality in this country, better they single me out.”

“Their message is very clear: It’s to shut me down. It’s to discredit me. It is to intimidate me. It is to shut my mouth, and even more important than that, it is to send a message out to any other prominent person that might feel the need to join that side of the argument.”

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I don't think any nation can stand much more abuse of
it citizens at the hands of horrible police committing
murder on the job.

This in no way implies all police are horrible.
I know first hand, they are not. Many are just
really good guys doing a very dangerous job.
edit on Rpm110515v04201500000007 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The LEO union should have just ignored this. Now it just brings more attention to what they want to hide; corruption and brutality.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

To be fair, the LAPD invited Tarantino to join some officers on a few ride-alongs to perhaps have a greater appreciation of a day in the life of an officer.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

To be fair, the LAPD invited Tarantino to join some officers on a few ride-alongs to perhaps have a greater appreciation of a day in the life of an officer.

If he went on a ride along and still thought these cases were murder, the cops would still boycott him.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

If he went on a ride along and still thought these cases were murder, the cops would still boycott him.
Maybe. Who knows?
I still found it to be a potentially useful olive branch they extended.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Maybe. Who knows?

Maybe. But would you go on a ride along with them after you found out cops nationwide were mad at you?

i wouldnt lol

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
So the police want Tarantino's movie to break records at the box office huh?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
They have a right to boycott, as much as Mr Tarantino has a right to speak out about police brutality.

The problem for them is this will probably backfire and the film will become a box office smash.

Edit - I see that the Gorilla beat me to it. Damn, I should start reading replies.
edit on 5/11/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

When it comes to Arby's. I wouldn't wish that place on my worst enemy.

I once got a sandwich from that place and it tasted so awful I threw the sandwich out the window and spit out what I had in my mouth as well.

And I was starving. Starving.

In any case. That's SOP. Attack the messenger.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

When it comes to Arby's. I wouldn't wish that place on my worst enemy.

I once got a sandwich from that place and it tasted so awful I threw the sandwich out the window and spit out what I had in my mouth as well.

And I was starving. Starving.

In any case. That's SOP. Attack the messenger.

Dang I kind of like Arbys lol

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Yea he just jumped right in front of my gun.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Instead of worrying about what Mr. Tarantino is saying.
That really amounts to squawt. The good cops should think
about corralling the bad cops before the issue rips this nation and
their line of employment completely apart. Right now we seem to
be one incident away from war in the streets.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Police should stay neutral when someone says something in public. This is a HUGE mistake on the part of Police Unions. The Police Unions should stay away from showing opinions, which make them look as though they only side one way. Each case of police brutality is different, So to come out and say Boycott a film makers movies, because of a rather neutral statement in my eyes, is just showing which way the police truly do side when faced with unlawful and violent acts committed by their own. Its as if, its the Public vs Police

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Maybe. Who knows?

Maybe. But would you go on a ride along with them after you found out cops nationwide were mad at you?

i wouldnt lol
It would be something similar to that "Beer Summit"

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I guess Tarantino has been handed an idea for his next movie.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

A documentary?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join