It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Migrants set fire to UK military base in Cyprus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Then maybe you should have looked at the other two sources. The clip is all over the internet. I had already said that is the reason why I had chosen 3 sources because whatever source is chosen some people just want to say it is propaganda. The immigrants chose to have this videoed so if anything it is their propaganda!a reply to: PorteurDeMort

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I quoted from source. a reply to: rajas

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I don't even know who you are, but you seem to know a terrible lot about me. Do you know what xenophobic means? Just a lot of people use that term now. I don't have a fear of these immigrants because I think they are foreign or strange, I have a fear that our governments aren't listening to the majority of the people.

Yes I do have a problem with immigrants being on a British army base, they are apparently looking for refuge, a British army base has got to be one of the safest places, and yet they aren't very happy. There are hundreds of thousands of Brits living on the streets who I am sure would be grateful to live in those tents and have three meals a day provided. a reply to: rajas

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Of course it is. All other Countries in the world have borders. Why do they have borders to keep their citizens safe. There are no borders in Europe so anyone can walk in freely with good intentions or bad.

As I said a few weeks ago at the end of the day we are animals. You wouldn't see a big Silverback Gorilla just letting strange gorillas walk into its territory and group. The Silverback would do everything to protect the group and its resources. Our leaders should be the equivalent of the Silverback and unfortunately they are not. They don't seem to care whether there is enough housing, food, medical care etc to go round. They don't seem to have any plan of action. As such the people of the host countries are feeling insecure and unsafe. However, humans have language and so it is easy to throw labels around. I would say the people who are concerned are the people whose survival instincts are kicking in. My ancestors wouldn't have let strangers just walk into their tribe unvetted. If they had I probably wouldn't be here today!a reply to: proob4

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

They don't seem to care whether there is enough housing, food, medical care etc to go round. They don't seem to have any plan of action. 

Unfortunately I believe we are looking at their action plan.

Since they have screwed up everything, and they know that everything is going to get worse, they open up the flood gates, create a situation were the people have a new enemy, and they kill each other off fighting, for whatever dredges are left. They will live comfy and safe watching us go after each other instead of them.

They are very clever. They create an invasion with a group who is foreign enough, and has enough seasoned hate, that compromise will not be the first course of the day. The easiest way to set people against each other, is to create a shortage of the basic items required for survival; water, food and shelter.

They already have citizenry crying out against the lack of these items, and demanding assistance from their government. How does the government respond? The open up the flood gates and bring in thousand of foreigners demanding those same resources.

If that isn't a in your face, screw you, I don't know what is.

They get to live in Elysium while the poor unwashed masses kill and eat each other. They will come and reclaim Earth after nature has defouled her surface of the carrion. That is you and me by the way.

If this isn't what they planned then they had better show us something different very quickly because this one is off to the races.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I don't know what I find most concerning our Governments or the people of these Countries who refuse to see what you and I do! Give it 12 months and I think the labels xenophobic, racist, bigoted will cease to exist as people begin to wake up!a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Is this normal, In a democracy, for a government to completely ignore a vast amount of their people?
I am scared of only one thing and that is that those in power are actually right now in the process of behaving like dictators. They don't even disguise it any longer. This is what they say with their actions:

"Here is what WE deem correct, you have no choice but to agree."
(if you think you DO have a choice, try it. Try voicing your concerns and see what happens)

If you think that "quote" is in any way untrue, let me know.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

You said it. And they are doing it openly. They've got to go.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
I don't know what I find most concerning our Governments or the people of these Countries who refuse to see what you and I do! Give it 12 months and I think the labels xenophobic, racist, bigoted will cease to exist as people begin to wake up!a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Some of these asylum seekers have little or no concern for the citizens of their host country. It is not about the kaffir, they are just an obstacle to them claiming their god given gift. They have been told, and believe they are god's chosen, and they are being led to their promised land. The land of milk and honey. They feel it is "rightfully" theirs and us kaffirs, have to convert, agree to enslavement, or pay a tax.

History repeats itself and the story has unfolded much the same way before.
1. Promised a land of milk and honey.
2. Had to travel a dangerous path.
3. Arrived at the land and it is already occupied.
4. Send in spies, work with co-conspirators that lie to the government, and say there are no spies in the city, there were a few, but they left already.
5. Their texts say God hates a lying tongue; unless it is to the advantage of god’s chosen people.
6.They are instructed to go into the land that their god promised them, and to kill and drive out the people already in the land, then settle into their towns and houses.

Most of you have the play book lying around your house; if not google it. It pretty much spells it out exactly how it went down before. I wonder who is the new prophet, writing the new text for posterity. The true words of god, straight out of his mouth.

Yes, I know. There are such a small amount of radicals among the asylum seekers that think or believe this, and they are no threat. I am living in fear. I am a racist and a xenophobe. I am a kaffir. I am going to have to face a hell on Earth.

Now that last one just might be true. By the way, how many spies went into the city all those years ago?

edit on 4-11-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Clean up.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
It's my understanding that the migrants broke into the base, in the belief that because its classed as British Sovereign Soil, that it would mean they could claim asylum in the UK. When they realised that all that was going to happen is that they were going to be handed to the Cyprus authorities, they decided to protest by setting fire to their own tents.

Their own tents, not the military base.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
yes well that's the bit I don't understand as I have already stated they are safe. Can you imagine if the UK were to give them what they wanted? How many hundreds of thousands do you then think would make exactly the same journey to get to the UK? I'm glad our government are sticking to their guns and not allowing this to happen. I'm glad that our government are refusing to take immigrants coming in illegally through Europe. Keep accepting them is making matters far worse. If people were truly concerned and worried about these immigrants then they would understand that by keep encouraging them to make the journey they are partly to blame for the numerous deaths when crossing the med. They should have done what Australia said in the first place and stopped the boats from coming. They should have done what the UK are doing and taken refugees from the camps where the most vulnerable are who can't afford to pay traffickers, or who are to sick etc.a reply to: BMorris

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

I strongly suspect that you are a migrant yourself, owing to your inability to punctuate, spell, or paragraph your post properly.

Yes well that's the bit I don't understand; as I have already stated they are safe.

Can you imagine if the UK were to give them what they wanted? How many hundreds of thousands do you then think would make exactly the same journey to get to the UK?

I'm glad our government are sticking to their guns and not allowing this to happen. I'm glad that our government are refusing to take immigrants coming in illegally through Europe. Keep accepting them is making matters far worse. If people were truly concerned and worried about these immigrants then they would understand that by keep encouraging them to make the journey they are partly to blame for the numerous deaths when crossing the med. They should have done what Australia said in the first place and stopped the boats from coming.

They should have done what the UK are doing and taken refugees from the camps where the most vulnerable are who can't afford to pay traffickers, or who are to sick etc.

a reply to: BMorris

I paragraphed out your post for you, in an attempt to make it more readable and legible. While it is more readable and legible, the content still does not make a whole lot of sense.

"As I have pointed out, they are safe" - Safe from what? International law says that a refugee has to claim asylum in the first safe country they arrive in. If they don't, and try to pass through a safe country to reach their country of choice, they are classed as illegal immigrants, not refugee's.

In this case they were towed ashore when their boats bound for Greece, ran into problems. So technically, the military base on Cyprus IS the first 'safe' country they arrived at, but since you cannot claim asylum at military bases, they were given temporary accommodation and food, until they can be handed over to the Cyprus authorities.

So I'm not sure what you are ranting on about 'safe' for.

"Can you imagine if the UK were to give them what they wanted? How many hundreds of thousands do you then think would make exactly the same journey to get to the UK? " - They were trying to get to Greece, not to Cyprus. The UK is giving them food and shelter, and passing them to the Cyprus authorities. So in essence, we are not giving them what they want, and have no ability to either. This is what they are protesting, the fact that they are being handed over to Cyprus, and the fact that they don't consider their tented accommodation to be acceptable.

"I'm glad our government are sticking to their guns and not allowing this to happen." - Allowing what to happen exactly?

"I'm glad that our government are refusing to take immigrants coming in illegally through Europe." - As I have pointed out, if they are coming in through Europe, they have already passed through many safe countries, and therefore are no longer legally 'refugee's' but are illegal immigrants. The UK government is simply declining their entry. The UK has a legal obligation to accommodate and support genuine refugee's but not illegal immigrants.

"Keep accepting them is making matters far worse." - Except we're not accepting them, therefore your statement is irrelevant.

The EU is putting pressure on us to accept some refugee's which have already been granted asylum by whatever country they first arrived in, and this is understandable, as a single country cannot absorb all of them. I have no problem with this, providing they are genuine refugee's and not economic migrants.

"If people were truly concerned and worried about these immigrants then they would understand that by keep encouraging them to make the journey they are partly to blame for the numerous deaths when crossing the med." - We're not encouraging them. They are civilians fleeing a war zone, and claiming refugee status.

They have a very stark choice.
* Get shot / raped / beheaded at the hands of the insurgents taking over their country.
* Try and fight, but considering they are not combat trained or equipped, anyone who thinks this is an option is living in lala land. They would just be going to their deaths.
* Flee, and claim refugee status.

"They should have done what Australia said in the first place and stopped the boats from coming." - and done what instead? Sink the boats? Set them adrift on the sea to starve / dehydrate or even sink? Towed them back to point of origin, in which case read my point above.

At the end of the day, there is no clean, and easy way to deal with this issue. All countries are dealing with it the best they can. Instead of saying what we shouldn't do, why not try and come up with solutions.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join