It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPIC Windows 10 Rant - must see

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: VP740

ahahah! as soon as I installed Windows 10 and realized how terrible it was, that it made my laptop absolute garbage I installed Ubuntu on my Desktop and Laptop. Haven't gone back yet.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Tired of Windows OS ?

Well... folks

there is a Solution ..

that will run all your Windows # .. and not have the bull#

its called Zorin 10 !!!

ZorinOS
zorinos.com...

Super secure Thanks to Zorin OS's immunity to Windows viruses you will never have to worry about any of that nasty malware. And when a potential security threat arises, software updates usually come in a matter of hours. With Zorin OS you are sure to have peace of mind.

Zorin OS is a multi-functional operating system designed specifically for newcomers to Linux. It's based on Ubuntu Linux, so you can rely on it for rock-solid performance, dependability and support.

Zorin OS gives users more flexibility. It allows you to use Zorin OS alongside your current operating system and run Microsoft Windows programs in Zorin OS with the help of WINE and PlayOnLinux.

Easy to use, familiar desktop The main goal of Zorin OS is to give new users easy access to Linux. That is why Zorin OS incorporates the familiar Windows 7-like interface by default to dramatically reduce the learning curve of this system while still experiencing the main advantages of Linux. You can also utilise the desktop with other interfaces. This is thanks to the exclusive Zorin Look Changer which lets you change your desktop to look and act like either Windows 7, Windows XP or GNOME 2 in the free versions of Zorin OS. The Premium editions also include the Windows 2000, Unity and Mac OS X looks.

zorinos.com...

# Windows !

10 reasons to try Zorin OS 9, the Linux OS that looks like Windows
Katherine Noyes @noyesk Jul 30, 2014 3:30 AM
www.pcworld.com...

www.youtube.com...

Zorin OS 10 Core 64Bit - Welcome To Linux People
www.youtube.com...

edit on 32015WednesdayfAmerica/Chicago11307 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 32015WednesdayfAmerica/Chicago11307 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I can relate to the poster who said computers feel more like they're not ours anymore. Maybe this is just the inevitable result of increased technology. Computers and hte internet (of things) are so much more powerful. I imagine when AI gets real good it'll start inserting itself into everything and we'll interact with it when we use our OS too.

I tried Windows 8 for a long time and it was ok with the downloadable start menu. I still didn't like Metro but it was a quick entry into the desktop screen. Overall, it does feel like it was a waste of time. Why did they work so hard to fix something which really didn't need fixing? I mean ya some thigns need fixing, I agree. There's a lot of things about Windows 7 which could be better or easier for new users. But it felt like Windows 8 "fixed" things somewhat like a psychotic robot on buggy overdrive.

Widnows 10 is better, but again, the privacy thing and "always online" feeling about it. I know you can disable most of it, but it's uncomfortable. I get the feeling Microsoft will do what it wants when it wants.

I tried linux but it was not easy. I could say a lot but I'll keep it short. There's no EASY answer to all this. People will tell you Linux is easy but honestly to God it's not. In fact, I think Windows did many things right. Linux either forgot those lessons or never learned them. It's a very secure OS and it'll work on any remotely modern system. But perfect it's not. And Ubuntu makes some of the same mistakes Windows 8 made, IMHO. By that I mena being too all-over-the-place. I think it's better to make a customized setup for desktops and another for mobiles, for example. Instead it feels like they did a piss poor job of that. They cut too many corners, you know? They forced too many things through the same hole.

Bottom line? Linux gives you a LOT of options. Just about anyting! But it's not easy. If you're willing to invest yourself, there're few limits. But the problem is you might no realize just how hard it can be.

I would still get Windows 10 for gaming, though. I just wish we lived in a simpler world. This world can be a real drain sometimes. When you're young you have so much energy and there's less context. When you're older, you have a lifetime of memories to haunt you.
edit on 11/5/2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
i run a home music studio,and windows background programs slow my system down so much its impossible sometimes to make any music,i know enough about pc's to have shut most of these background programs down but some you can not (yes i know macs do not)but i'm not a apple fanboy,anyway one of the main sound programmers for windows 10 was on sonicstate.com
and asking sound techies like me for their input ,when i put this problem forward and asked for a daw mode where these background programs cease for a while so user's of daw's on windows do not have this problem.the whole point he was there was to entice studio's to use windows more and what they could do to make it smoother
he sort of stated that this will not be a option,so apple mac can but windows will not .i am not kidding you my old pentium100 from years ago was able to have more tracks running with effects on cubase vst then i currently get on my new system running cubase 8 due to some of these background programs running at important moments and reporting back to microsoft.
so for this reason windows is finally going to be outed from my life,linux seems the way to go only i do not know how good if at all linux is for music recording for multipletracks has anyone experiance in using linux with a daw????????????

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
lol WINDOws10 Just crap install UBUNTU or something else. OPENSOURCE!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder
So does Win10 allow you to choose manual options in update options like previous versions of Windows?

Stuff like this drives me nuts because I have a whole bunch of remote PCs streaming wildlife cameras in the middle of nowhere and if the OS or other software needs to restart it interrupts the stream until I can remote log on and start it again. Worse case scenario the OS tries to reboot and the streaming software is still running so it hangs the shutdown. Then I have to get out there and restart on site. If Win 10 doesn't have options in setup for this and I have to replace a PC running a previous OS it going to be a nightmare.

From what I've read, no, you cannot disable updates in Windows 10. You CAN, if you go deep into it and follow what someone has paintakingly figured out, but by default, Windows 10 does not give you the option, one reason I will never be using it.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
i run a home music studio,and windows background programs slow my system down so much its impossible sometimes to make any music,i know enough about pc's to have shut most of these background programs down but some you can not (yes i know macs do not)but i'm not a apple fanboy,anyway one of the main sound programmers for windows 10 was on sonicstate.com
and asking sound techies like me for their input ,when i put this problem forward and asked for a daw mode where these background programs cease for a while so user's of daw's on windows do not have this problem.the whole point he was there was to entice studio's to use windows more and what they could do to make it smoother
he sort of stated that this will not be a option,so apple mac can but windows will not .i am not kidding you my old pentium100 from years ago was able to have more tracks running with effects on cubase vst then i currently get on my new system running cubase 8 due to some of these background programs running at important moments and reporting back to microsoft.
so for this reason windows is finally going to be outed from my life,linux seems the way to go only i do not know how good if at all linux is for music recording for multipletracks has anyone experiance in using linux with a daw????????????

Hmm, that concerns me. I am about to finally leave an external hardware platform and get Pro Tools. Of course I'm still on 7....maybe I should just get a Mac for that.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite

I tried linux but it was not easy.

When did you try Linux?

I ask because for more than a year I've been running Linux Mint and it is easier than windows!
For a start it comes pre loaded with FULL versions of software, like Libre Office, fully compatible with windows docs.
Full versions of Multimedia software. Including Players and mixers etc.
Full versions of Internet software for browsing and email etc.
Full versions of graphics software for photo editing etc.
A whole host of system utilities.

All of the above are already installed, the user does not have to download them or pay for a license because they are free!
Every bit of hardware I have connected has just worked! I didn't need to download drivers!

Updates are by consent, nothing is done behind my back, and they are a simple click to install.

If I do need something that not already installed I simply choose it from a list by clicking on it, and it installs!

I recently bought a cheap usb bluetooth dongle, it came with a little disk of windows drivers, but I didn't need those drivers for linux because it worked as soon as I plugged it in!

There is nothing "hard" about linux mint, its the easiest os I've ever had!

People will tell you Linux is easy but honestly to God it's not.

Rubbish!
Its comments like yours that caused me to stick with windows for too long because I believed people when they made such comments, but when I finally ditched windows and moved to linux I realised just how much BS we are being fed.

For anyone interested, you can try linux mint without changing anything on your computer, just download it and burn it to a dvd, then boot to the dvd. If you like it all you have to do is click the install button thats on its desktop, if you dont like it just take the dvd out of the player, its that simple!

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: raytheo
lol WINDOws10 Just crap install UBUNTU or something else. OPENSOURCE!!!

Zorin OS 10 ,

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

Thanks kinda cool os I'll try that.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool

Windows 10 will be managed by System Centre Configuration Manager for patching in business environments. SCCM is a Micrsoft product used to configure and deploy software in large environment. SCCM downloads the patches. We then test them and raise the appropriate documents with management to deploy said patches. The automatic patching regime seem in this video won't be a problem for us from what our early testing has shown.
In my opinion due to most people being so lax with patching and due to Microsoft's market share, automatic patching has been forced upon. Don't like, disconnect your pc from the internet.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Funny how I have had Win 10 on 4 of my PCs in the house for over 3 months and have never seen that restart popup.

Maybe because I reboot them once a week just before I stop using it for the day?

But I guess if your online 24/7 and never even getup for a bathroom break it could be an issue. I mean I have a SSD and it take less then 2 minutes for my PC to completey reboot and be back up. (On about 4 on the HD box.)

You know they even run better when you reboot them once in a while and clear out allthe caches.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: NowWhat

Better at what?

Being expensive paper weights?

Oh sorry, I remember now. Apple rewrote the operating system so you guys could us MS apps.

Gotta wonder about a company when one of their major selling points is they can run their competitors apps because they don't have any themselves.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
a reply to: Klassified

Microsoft keeps track of every search you punch into the start menu- it sends the data to them, directly, every time you use it. I've personally confirmed this.

Also,
Just for funzies

Would you say disliking this is ignorance, too?

If you bothered to read the screen during the install you would see all this and been able to turn it all off.

If you just hit express install you get what you asked for.

Just like rading the software install notices when you install a new app. It tells you all it is going to do. Anyone acutely take the time to read this or just hit OK?

If you really worried about it there is a Windows Manger software that is made by yamicsoft that is good.
Lets you set all the settings in on place instead of hunting for each and every one.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: VashTheStampede

Well in WIN 10 you can't do that.

It forces you to get updates.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

I like Linux. BUT the issue is most the stuff I run is setup for MS and Linux sucks for gaming.

Linux also sucks for my family because they are not the most computer friendly.

I will admit its great if know what you doing and don't mind not using non mainstream apps. But if you just want to click and run stuff...

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Before I begin...I've been a computer tech, programmer and web designer beginning in 1989 and still do it for a living. Windows XP was great as was Windows 7. Windows 10 for me has been just as wonderful. But I understand the hate. People today expect a PC to operate like a phone and it doesn't. If you want a PC that acts as much like a phone as possible, get an Apple product. If you want a PC that you have to tinker with all the time, changing settings, etc. get Linux. But if you want a PC that is somewhere in the middle...Windows 10 is the one to choose. That is simply the truth...no hate...no prejudice just facts.

Personally, Windows 10 (and Windows in general) is perfect for me. But that doesn't make it perfect for everyone else. So there are choices. Did you know that the majority of website visits today are from phones? Yup...phone traffic has surpassed desktop traffic. Why? Convenience. A phone is the simplest computer (in general) available.

As much as I loved the video...bookmarked it and will be sharing it around today...try to relax. There is a computer for everyone out there. Yes...Windows 10 will give most people the most of what they want. But shop around. From Chromebooks to Ubuntu there is a PC and operating system for you! Just understand that it is all a two sided scale. If you get something you really want...something else will be sacrificed. So is life.

But yeah...funny freakin video!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
If you want a PC that you have to tinker with all the time, changing settings, etc. get Linux.

And here we have another one! Are you paid by ms? of course you'll say no.

People!!!
It was reading garbage like the above that caused me to stay with windows for too long!

Linux Mint - Easier to use than windows! - No fiddling with settings! - Completely free! - No malware! - It just works!

Dont listen to people in this thread, just go download linux mint, burn it to a dvd and try it for yourself. You will discover why comments like the above have been holding you back for so long!

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Good grief!

He needs to chill out and play some Halo

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
If you want a PC that you have to tinker with all the time, changing settings, etc. get Linux.

And here we have another one! Are you paid by ms? of course you'll say no.

People!!!
It was reading garbage like the above that caused me to stay with windows for too long!

Linux Mint - Easier to use than windows! - No fiddling with settings! - Completely free! - No malware! - It just works!

Dont listen to people in this thread, just go download linux mint, burn it to a dvd and try it for yourself. You will discover why comments like the above have been holding you back for so long!

Dude...I'll put my creds up against yours any day. While everyone is entitled to their own opinion (as I stated) and while Linux has a place with many people (as I stated), it is not designed nor targeted to the masses. Go ahead and put your Grandmother on Linux and refuse to help her with it after installing the OS. I dare you

You are right on one thing though...NO...I've never been paid by MS. Take it for what it is worth.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join