It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPIC Windows 10 Rant - must see

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
HAHAA I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. Found a rant on youtube about windows 10. He rants so hard you'd think he's gonna pop a vessel in his head but it is sooo worth the watch. And now I know for sure I will NEVER install that effing windows 10 crap thats been sitting in my tray.
Watch this video, it's CLASSIC

Warning! Explicit language

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
LMAO!

Mine restarts once every Two weeks on a Tueday.. Usually early morning.

Of course, if you keep clicking later, it's gonna pop up every day.

/sigh This is why some people shouldn't be allowed to have nice things.

He probably never changes his oil in his car either.. "I'm DRIVING HERE! and it keep PINGING AT ME, this OIL LIGHT KEEPS TURNING ON! I'M GOING SOMEWHERE! I'M DRIVING! I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS BS!"..

/smh

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Turn off your wi-fi before you do anything that demands time and energy if you don't require the internet.
Don't be a slave to your computer or the corporate asses.

I see the the funny side of this but on the other hand it seems like our computers aren't our own anymore.

edit on 3-11-2015 by Gunsmoke38 because: spelling

edit on 3-11-2015 by Gunsmoke38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

His own fault for clicking "later". Of course it's going to keep coming back. And why'd he blame a black person (Pres Obama) for something Microsoft did...

And Fly, why am I not surprised you'd love a video from a guy who openly calls himself a racist then calls the sitting President of the US the n-word?
edit on 3-11-2015 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Classic

LMAO...That could have been me..hell that has been me when ever I get a new laptop..
I totally relate. I dont have win 10 and never will, too much bad press. 8 is bad enough. Had to go into task manager and switch off all the b..s stuff and now its OK. Freed up some RAM too.
I bet theres a lot of pissed off win 10 owners out there..

Just have to watch it again..

Classic

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Funny stuff........hehe....technology is now coming back to bite us in the ass...

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Someone should tell him Obama doesn't make Windows 10. Then tell him to stop auto updates however possible. Block them externally if you have to. Or don't use windows even. But don't let it turn you into a racist!!

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Haha.. he makes funny videos, someone is trying to sensationalize it for other reasons.

Here is his original video.

edit on 3-11-2015 by Fisherr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

oh stop your whining. its called dark humor. What are you trying to imply anyway? Got something to say?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
So does Win10 allow you to choose manual options in update options like previous versions of Windows?

Stuff like this drives me nuts because I have a whole bunch of remote PCs streaming wildlife cameras in the middle of nowhere and if the OS or other software needs to restart it interrupts the stream until I can remote log on and start it again. Worse case scenario the OS tries to reboot and the streaming software is still running so it hangs the shutdown. Then I have to get out there and restart on site. If Win 10 doesn't have options in setup for this and I have to replace a PC running a previous OS it going to be a nightmare.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
complete idiots like this are the reason there are so many trojans and malware out there. completely retarded and should put the pc back in the box and send it back to the store, and get a goldfish.

maybe not, he'd probably kill the goldfish because it swims funny....

better still, get a wind up watch, thats more his level of tech.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

oh stop your whining. its called dark humor. What are you trying to imply anyway? Got something to say?

I've said more than enough in your Islamophobe threads. And I also said exactly what I meant in this thread by saying, "why am I not surprised you'd love a video from a guy who openly calls himself a racist then calls the sitting President of the US the n-word?"

It fits the profile of your other threads. Therefore I'm not surprised by it. Got it now?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
this guy should put aside the PC and go back to using more primitive tools until he evolves

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Yeah you''re trying to call me a racist. Except you don't have the balls to come right out and say it. Look, I couldn't give a rats ass what you think because your opinion means nothing to me. My OP was funny as hell and anyone with an ounce of intelligence can see the humor in it. Only someone with a low IQ would hinge the video on the very last comment.

As for you, anytime you want to debate me I will oblige you and make you run off the same I made you run off in my other threads. Your tactics are weak and you only know how to use ad-homs. So like I said, any time you're ready for a smack down, come to my other threads.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: laminatedsoul

When I was a lad, I had an Amiga 600 computer. You could plug it right into your television set, or any cathode ray tube screen, it came with a chunky power supply block that you hooked up to the mains, and the rest of the hardware was all inside the keyboard. It took the small floppy disks with the hard plastic shells, and it was amazing. It only did what you asked it to do, when you asked it to do it, and it never told you that actually, it knew best, and there was something fantastically important that it needed to be doing, besides what you actually asked it to do.

These days, your computer tells you when it is ready to work. Your computer will tell you what it needs to do, when you are part way through a process that should not be interrupted. Your computer will tell you that it is out to lunch in the middle of an important video call, or while you are chatting with a technical support guy to help solve a problem that is already costing you money.

I know computers these days are far more utility heavy than my old Amiga, but I wish the ole girl still worked, because at least the damned thing was reliable when operable. If they would only learn that ALL these updates need to be queued so that they happen when the machine is shut down by the user, without interrupting their session in the least, then there would not be this issue.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: FlySolo

I've said more than enough in your Islamophobe threads. And I also said exactly what I meant in this thread by saying, "why am I not surprised you'd love a video from a guy who openly calls himself a racist then calls the sitting President of the US the n-word?"

It fits the profile of your other threads. Therefore I'm not surprised by it. Got it now?

I'm amused, and vexed with you. Your alias is EnlightenedServant.. Yet you are more like an inquisitor, on a witch-hunt.

Yes, your posts are very noticeable around here, and it's quite apparent that your trying to stir the pot.

If you are truly enlightened, as you claim. You would know the difference between light-hearted humor, and a serious issue. As evident your focusing on a singular issue, it's obvious you see little else.

Those of us who work in the tech industry, like myself, get a huge laugh out of such things.. Racist slurs, and blaming the wrong people, and all. It shows ignorance across the board. We just shake out head, fix the problem, and go have a brew after work and laugh about the idiots.

So might I suggest you re-evaluate your self, and reach for that high-enlightenment you claim.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Are there settings in Windows 10 that allow you to turn off automatic updates or at least set what time and day? If not, this is going to piss off a lot of gamers. I haven't upgraded myself and this is one of my many concerns.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
this guy should put aside the PC and go back to using more primitive tools until he evolves

Not calling you in particular out, but that's bull#.

I've been in the IT industry for many years, and I won't install windows 10. I'm on this guys side- mandatory updates are bull#. Mandatory reboots are bull#. I can choose to skip the latest patch and put my computers at risk if I want to. This new direction MS has taken with their product screams "this is ours and you're just renting it"- which I suspect will be their next pricing model announced in a few years.

My primary pc- the one I use for all of my important personal data- hasn't been rebooted since 7/3.
Know why?
Because its inconvenient, and I've been busy.
Closing all of my applications to reboot because some piss poor code can't have another bandaid strapped over it is bull#.

Of course, once I do get around to patching and rebooting, then I'll have to spend an hour weeding out, uninstalling and rebooting from patches I don't want. Like the one that advertises windows 10 in my system tray.

The worst part about all of this is that rebooting shouldn't even need to happen for most of these patches- the whole OS is just so poorly put together that they apparently can't reload modules on the fly.

Perhaps when docker support for windows is out, we'll have the option to hibernate applications so the underlying OS can bounce without closing all our #- then I might actually patch more than a few times a year. Or perhaps that will combine with something like wine and I'll finally be able to move to a less terrible platform.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Haha thanks for sharing that,it made for a good morning laugh.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Wow.
Another reason why Macs are better.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join