It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time to wake up!

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

It means that I might actually agree 100% with you but my point isn't about me.

Maybe my logic is in line, but you can't understand what it is. If that is the case, then it's pointless, I cannot prove anything to you. Just like a few christians wouldn't accept evolution when confronted with evidence. It's impossible to prove evolution to a christian of that kind.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
No, I cannot prove it to anyone but myself.
Only you can prove it by direct observation - you have to look and see. If you refuse to look then that is ignoring what is obvious - which is ignorance in itself.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The real matter is, you are not providing counter evidence for why you think we are false.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Andy1144

It doesn't matter because if you can't convince someone with your words you have nothing else. That is the point and it is true.

The real matter is, you are not providing counter evidence for why you think we are false.

A person, not necessarily me, doesn't have to provide counter evidence.
edit on 20-11-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Exactly.

Only you can prove it by direct observation - you have to look and see. If you refuse to look then that is ignoring what is obvious - which is ignorance in itself.

So? Doesn't change the facts one bit.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

So? Doesn't change the facts one bit.

And that fact is? That no one can prove anything to you. If someone says that the sky is blue and you refuse to look you can argue about it for 37 pages?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

It doesn't matter because if you can't convince someone with your words you have nothing else. That is the point and it is true.

Yeah. Like the athiest can't convince the christian.

A person, not necessarily me, doesn't have to provide counter evidence.

Then what point is the discussion if you aren't going to provide it? It would be better if you would provide it to see how we mutually relate to the subject at hand.
edit on 20-11-2015 by Andy1144 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

And that fact is? That no one can prove anything to you. If someone says that the sky is blue and you refuse to look you can argue about it for 37 pages?

The fact is that people can choose to be ignorant and there is nothing you can do about it.

I have not been arguing for 37 pages about not believing what you said. I've been saying over and over that you can't prove what you say.

Both you and Andy1144 say you agree but still act like you don't.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Andy1144
Yeah. Like the athiest can't convince the christian.

And the christian can't convince the atheist but either one or both are still wrong.

Then what point is the discussion if you aren't going to provide it? It would be better if you would provide it to see how we mutually relate to the subject at hand.

That isn't what I'm discussing.

To be honest, I think you are wrong but I am not going to try and convince you of my truth because I can't prove it.

Instead I am sharing my take on that. That is what I am discussing.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I have not been arguing for 37 about not believing what you said. I've been saying over and over that you can't prove what you say.

This is already known!

I have never said it can be proven - it has to be seen.....by no one.
edit on 20-11-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

You can't prove what you say either? Is that because you don't know for sure? Because you seem pretty convinced.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Andy1144

Doesn't matter how convinced I am. If there is no way to share proof, that's just the way it is.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
If I can't prove what I'm saying and you can't either, then we can't possibly stop going in circles because no matter what we'll say, we'll have no proof to back it up.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

This is already known!

You keep agreeing but still keep posting like it makes a difference.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

If I can't prove what I'm saying and you can't either, then we can't possibly stop going in circles because no matter what we'll say, we'll have no proof to back it up.

Which is why I try to avoid bringing it up.

If you would realize that I am discussing proof and what that means to people and not proof of your/mine/his concept in particular then we would stop going around in circles.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

This is already known!

You keep agreeing but still keep posting like it makes a difference.

This is a little vague.
Agreeing with what?
What do you think the posting will make a difference to?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I said you can't prove it. You said "I have never said it can be proven" which implies that you agree with that.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Which is why I try to avoid bringing it up.
If you would realize that I am discussing proof and what that means to people and not proof of your/mine/his concept in particular then we would stop going around in circles.

That's sounds vague. Your saying what your discussing is proof based and mine is not?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

That's sounds vague. Your saying what your discussing is proof based and mine is not?

What I am discussing is peoples personal take on proof. Sure we can use a standard like science but, but still to young earth creationist, even that isn't proof.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

a reply to: Itisnowagain

I said you can't prove it. You said "I have never said it can be proven" which implies that you agree with that.

Yes, I agree that I cannot be proven to anyone - let's go round and round again!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join