It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police say gunman kills 3 in downtown Colorado Springs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
www.msn.com...

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — A man marching down the street shot and killed three people on Saturday, before being fatally shot in a gunbattle with police, authorities and witnesses said.

Officers were responding to a report of shots being fired when they spotted a suspect matching the description of the person they were trying to find, Colorado Springs police Lt. Catherine Buckley said. The suspect opened fire, and police fired back, she said.

Witnesses described a chaotic scene as the suspect went down the street with a rifle.

This is just the latest in a long string of mass shootings ...

I wonder why Colorado has so many mass shootings.

edit on 31-10-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
www.msn.com...

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — A man marching down the street shot and killed three people on Saturday, before being fatally shot in a gunbattle with police, authorities and witnesses said.

Officers were responding to a report of shots being fired when they spotted a suspect matching the description of the person they were trying to find, Colorado Springs police Lt. Catherine Buckley said. The suspect opened fire, and police fired back, she said.

Witnesses described a chaotic scene as the suspect went down the street with a rifle.

This is just the latest in a long string of mass shootings ...

I wonder why Colorado has so many mass shootings.

A serious amount of multiple shootings and deaths to be sure,

Here's a very short secondhand news clip report.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
RIP

if only those ladies had been carrying an AR-15 they wouldn't have gotten shot!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
So I guess it's ok the use the tragedy to fuel the agenda as long as you add RIP first...
Shameful.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

i wonder why there arent many 'mass stabbing sprees' or 'mass baseball bat sprees' or 'mass nun-chuck killing sprees' or 'mass garden hose killing sprees' as often as gun killing sprees; since gun advocates say its nothing to do with guns and everything can be a weapon...

- can anyone deny that having a gun in one's hand affects the mind certain ways.
despite it all, guns are designed to do one thing and one thing only. it doesnt matter what terms are used justifying owning one, and anyone of age has the 'rights' to own one.

i guess if those 3 murdered had guns on their person then they might have still been alive, correct? then the cycle would continue into a hierarchy, and more guns would seem like a solution... a solution to its own problem...

-- how many ages ago was the rights to bear arm passed, and what was the main reason and under what circumstances... so many laws changed since, except what seems to be making the news on a weekly basis: gun control....

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Quick! Something horrible happened that happens every year since forever, but this time we have to take away freedoms!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

i wonder why there arent many 'mass stabbing sprees' or 'mass baseball bat sprees' or 'mass nun-chuck killing sprees' or 'mass garden hose killing sprees' as often as gun killing sprees

Doesn't support the narrative, can't fight off a attacker, oppressive government, or alien's with a garden hose

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

Implication here that this is another set up event just to take guns away?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I think it's because guns are easiest to kill with, but if it were impossible to get a gun then we'd hear of mass kilings or serial killers using other weapons. Though, If someone wants a gun, stricter gun laws won't stop them.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384

I think it's because guns are easiest to kill with, but if it were impossible to get a gun then we'd hear of mass kilings or serial killers using other weapons. Though, If someone wants a gun, stricter gun laws won't stop them.

No we wouldn't, we would still have gun crime as every criminal would have access to firearms.

link   
guns are made for one thing.......if you are an avid outdoorsman whom doth love to take your grandkids on a hike in the Sawtooths.....my favorite. So should I just tell em they are the bait in this situation?.......

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Quick! Something horrible happened that happens every year since forever, but this time we have to take away freedoms!
that is so true so the rest of the law bidding gun owners who don't do this half to suffer for others action that is BS

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: olaru12
-- how many ages ago was the rights to bear arm passed, and what was the main reason and under what circumstances... so many laws changed since, except what seems to be making the news on a weekly basis: gun control....

I'm really sick of this. It's been too long this has been able to keep happening.

Oh, I'm sorry, did you think I meant more gun control?

I didn't.

We have a very good set of laws on the books about background checks and keeping guns out of the hands of people that should not have them. Why is it that those laws are not being enforced?

We have a problem with criminals. Why is it that we need more gun control laws when the ones we have are not being enforced? Do you expect that more gun control laws are somehow going to make enforcement happen?

Very few people are against background checks and keeping the guns out of the hands of people that should not have them. Why is it that nobody that wants more gun control can come up with a better way to enforce the law we already have instead coming up with more ways to do it? Find a better way to do it rather than try to make more laws that don't get enforced efficiently. I'm all for holding straw-buyers responsible and family members that enable this crap. You don't punish the innocent.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

Implication here that this is another set up event just to take guns away?

That may be time would tell.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

That's what I said...

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
This one was much too close to home. I happened to be driving about a mile east of where this happened, on the same road, right at the same time. I commented to my wife that something serious must be going on since there were 4 police cars that zipped by the other way.

We almost went a different way that would've taken us right through the area, but fortunately we took the back roads instead of the highway to go downtown.

My heart goes out to the families and friends of the victims.
edit on 10/31/2015 by xenthuin because: Typo fix

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: Tiamat384

No we wouldn't, we would still have gun crime as every criminal would have access to firearms.

Not to mention if they took away literally every gun in the country the criminal could make them.
Yes guns are easy to make a lot easier to make than bombs,I could make a Sten SMG in my garage with a hammer,dremel,nails,bed spring,and some cheap sheet metal,just goes to show how useless a gun ban would be.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: sageturkey
So I guess it's ok the use the tragedy to fuel the agenda as long as you add RIP first...
Shameful.

So its totally okay for gun nuts to use tragedies to push their agendas, but its not okay for the oppositon to use similar tactics?

okay got it!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: VashTheStampede

How confident would you be firing garage SMG's?

I don't don't doubt people can make them, well if they have the machinery needed, but you think they would reliable and safe?
Also if we are talking all out ban, which I am not for, wouldn't that mean you would also have to make your own ammo?
Not talking reloading here, though I am sure that would suffice for a while, but when those supplies run out or are harder and more expensive to get.
Make shift bombs that are meant to go off once is one thing, getting something to propel a projectile using a small explosion with both home made guns and ammo sounds like a good way to do some damage to the person firing.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: VashTheStampede

How confident would you be firing garage SMG's?

I don't don't doubt people can make them, well if they have the machinery needed, but you think they would reliable and safe?
Also if we are talking all out ban, which I am not for, wouldn't that mean you would also have to make your own ammo?
Not talking reloading here, though I am sure that would suffice for a while, but when those supplies run out or are harder and more expensive to get.
Make shift bombs that are meant to go off once is one thing, getting something to propel a projectile using a small explosion with both home made guns and ammo sounds like a good way to do some damage to the person firing.

We have a porous border. When Money talks, Cartels listen.

Guns and ammo would flow as easily as Cocaine and heroine.

Show me a city where there is no coc aine and heroine.... same applies and as easy or easier to transport into the country.

Not to mention, 300 million in circulation today.
edit on 31-10-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join