It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mysterious Neolithic aerial geoglyphs of Kazakhstan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
In 2007 Dimitriy Dey, a local economist, discovered a series of enormous earthworks in the Turgai region of Kazakhstan. He had been searching google earth hoping to find evidence of ancient pyramids in Kazakhstan when he stumbled across a 900ft square with a dotted X inside.

Nasa have recently come on board to help and have now released their latest pictures of the earthworks.

Satellite pictures of a remote and treeless northern steppe reveal colossal earthworks — geometric figures of squares, crosses, lines and rings the size of several football fields, recognizable only from the air and the oldest estimated at 8,000 years old.
The largest, near a Neolithic settlement, is a giant square of 101 raised mounds, its opposite corners connected by a diagonal cross, covering more terrain than the Great Pyramid of Cheops. Another is a kind of three-limbed swastika, its arms ending in zigzags bent counterclockwise.
Described last year at an archaeology conference in Istanbul as unique and previously unstudied, the earthworks, in the Turgai region of northern Kazakhstan, number at least 260 — mounds, trenches and ramparts — arrayed in five basic shapes.

Dates for the earthworks are speculative, but a nearby Neolithic settlement may date them as far back as 6000 BC.

With no genetic material to analyze — neither of the two mounds that have been dug into is a burial site — Dr. Matuzeviciute said she used optically stimulated luminescence, a method of measuring doses from ionizing radiation, to analyze the construction material, and came up with a date from one of the mounds of around 800 B.C. Other preliminary studies push the earliest date back more than 8,000 years, which could make them the oldest such creations ever found.
Other materials yield dates in the Middle Ages.
Mr. Dey said some of the figures might have been solar observatories akin, according to some theories, to Stonehenge in England and the Chankillo towers in Peru.

This is possibly yet another Neolithic site that raises questions about the people of this era. It would suggest a highly organised, settled community who put a huge amount of time and energy into constructing these mounds. Were they also used as solar/lunar observatories? And is it possible the structures were designed to be seen from above?

It’s a very interesting site and I’d never heard of it before.
You can read more about it here:

NY Times and
History of Kazakhstan

B x

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I actually posted about them a year ago, but still very interesting, so nice with a refresh, even though it's still a guess work who, why and when.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

I do beg your pardon Mianeye, I should have done a wider search for just 'Kazakhstan'.
They are very interesting though.
It makes me wonder, if they are 8000yrs old, was this just a 'developmental' stage of humans or were we talking to each other much more than is currently thought?

Great thread you wrote, I belatedly flagged.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

I had earlier labored over the article....

you, in proper form, posed the questions...

This is possibly yet another Neolithic site that raises questions about the people of this era.
It would suggest a highly organised, settled community who put a huge amount of time and energy into constructing these mounds.
Were they also used as solar/lunar observatories?...

perhaps the earlier cultures constructed the glyphs as some sort of magical exercise to brin up the vast reserves of oil/gas & oil that the present nation is blessed with...

I have always read that the earlier civilizations were more aligned to Magic than this present era which focuses on Technology

it is interesting that the area's past geology was vastly different than the landscape of today....
the Khazak forefathers/Ancestors might well have put all their energies into Magic to make the land more better for the great-great-grandchildren some 8,000 years in their future....

those large designed forms - in 3 -d , quite possibly created Vortices which drew the Gaia energies from the planet towards the surface with the intention of interacting with the bio-sphere & the air canopy/heavens (manipulation of matter by Magic)

edit on th31144624422830302015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

It's cool, i like the discussion it trigger, and who searches on Kazakhstan

I don't know who they were talking to or the meaning, but they made sure they got the message, it's one of those, "nothing noticeable from the ground", amazingly visible from the air.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I made a thread about almaty in khasikstan a few years ago... There certainly is some strange buildings here, and in my opinion more to this place than meets the eye..

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30/10/15 by Misterlondon because: Added link to thread

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I've never been to Kazakhstan, but I've been to its neighbour Mongolia. That really is a magical place both in its beliefs and its environment. I'd love to go back there, I'd go in a heartbeat.
So you raise a really interesting question then - is it too easy to attribute everything from this era to astronomical investigation? I suppose...yes, it is.
These symbols could so easily represent magical thinking. Whatever they were, they must have had great meaning to a lot of people.

a reply to: Misterlondon

I'll need to stay up and google that now.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Hah!! I recognize the 4th picture!! How old is that? 6000BC also?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Could you maybe give me the cordinates of the 4th please,

thanks in advance

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Hyperia

Unknown, but estimated at this age, yes.
They're calling it a three-legged swastika but I would say it's a triskele

ETA - Coordinates, hmmm, I'm no good with google earth. It's in Northern Kazakhstan, Torgay. Sorry, Hyperia.
edit on 30-10-2015 by beansidhe because: eta

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

your first picture is a pyramide foundation, 4th are symbolics of celstial bodies, 3rd is probably the cross.. And then the magic ring in the 2nd

These are all AStronomy/astrology charts, please coordinates, i need to some research about something else

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

ETA - Coordinates, hmmm, I'm no good with google earth. It's in Northern Kazakhstan, Torgay. Sorry, Hyperia.

City will do thank you =)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

The first thing I thought of for the third picture (cross) was Cygnus but then like St Udio pointed out, this could be me interpreting from my own perspective - this is what I want it to be so that it makes sense.
I'm looking forward to your research.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

This means they had farming, not a hunter gatherer society

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

In sweden where i live, the first image, we have square stones, marked just like that one, and the are marked South, West, North, East... Sunrise sunset,

And this is monuments in Sweden for our celestial bodies

monuments

And our sports arena the globe is the Sun

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Yes, it definitely suggests it I would say. Finds like this do seem to point to the idea that not every culture in the neolithic was nomadic.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

The desert people, semitic were nomads, the northerners were settlers.. But the settlers came all the way down to pakistan, and did the same thing there, but it means they first settled in Kazakstan .. a traderoute between Sumeria and west Asia in... Before they created Babylon and again settled, moved to Persia, Egypt, Greece, Rome...

The flooding from the Ice Age..

But its all a theory, a conspiracy one...

Its those damn reptilians i tell you!

In settlers facilities you need pottery, the clay source is to the middle east...

Without the pottery for storing you were literally fuuuu*********

well it actually means, neanderthals were more evolved than we think
edit on 30 10 2015 by Hyperia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

you have a really interesting thread, you can trace the origin to where slavery began.. Probably..

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
with that three legged/armed shape, I'm thinking of the Manx Flag. What are those shapes supposed to represent? Arms? Legs? Feet?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

It's just all getting to be to much, to wierd, to eccentric
and all to uncertain. I want to know what all has been going on
around here? On this blue planet with it's obviously massive past,
indicative of at least one whole other world? Somebody knows
and I'm like a dirty diaper I guess. Always filled with crap and kept
in the dark. Not this time, that somebdy owes me an explanation.

You can PM me?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join