It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halo 5 - opinions anyone?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

They killed Halo after Halo 3.(343)
I hated Halo Reach
I hated Halo 4
and now I hate Halo 5.

Halo used to be one of my favorite FPS games and then those 343 bastards had to ruin it.
Halo 1 had the best single player,Halo 2 had the best custom game types and maps,and Halo 3 had amazing online multiplayer.I to this day have not even had half as much fun playing any other online game than Halo 3 in recent years,Call of Duty 4 came close but Halo 3 was less about K/D ratio and more about messing around and having fun.
edit on 30-10-2015 by VashTheStampede because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: LightAssassin

I don't trust the gaming press. They tend to give most major releases big scores when the actual players are busy saying

This is the part of the gamer gate conspiracy no one talks about.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Great game, very fun multiplayer. Best since Halo3
I have to say though, I only bought it to hold me over until Black Ops 3 comes out

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Exactly. When battlefield 4 came out it took EA and DICE quite awhile to even admit that their game was a disaster. First they said it was because the game was made for new gen consoles. So when xbox one came out i bought one that day. Then upgraded bf4 to the xone version. Still was impossible to play a full multiplayer round 90% of the time. After months and months of patches they finally admitted they screwed up. And in fact are still releasing updates for the game.
I hate that almost all the major studios think its okay to release a half finished game and then just release patches for the next year.
Hopefully Halo doesnt have any issues. Dropping the kids off at school shortly then swinging by walmart.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Also,
If anyone is looking for someone to play multiplayer with, add me
o0oTOPCATo0o
(oh, zero, oh, TOPCAT, oh, zero, oh)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Looks like since a lot of the MS folks working on Halo used to work for Bungie...they had some "suspicious" ideas in common.

Fireteams? Sliding? Hovering in the air? Even the title of the new Halo game. The little "showboating" your team does before a match starts?

Quite a few little details seem to be lifted right out of Destiny...

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I might give it a try just to compare it to Destiny. I got tired of grinding for crap in Destiny, and Halo looks a bit more straight forward. I hear they also learned from Destiny not to include much story in this Halo version, a friend of mine said the campaign side of the game is laughably short -- so...$60 for an online multiplayer game? Hm...

Having that said, I'm really -- REALLY tired of FPS. We haven't had a new paradigm changing game genre in a LONG time. It seems latley all game designers do is upgrade the graphics and add a few tweaks to existing game styles.

I'm glad I have a PS4 so I can play No Man's Sky when it comes out -- that's the kind of paradigm changing game I'm talking about.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I picked it up. Installing now. 60 GB plus a 9GB update. ... This is gonna take awhile

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Oh heck yes the similarities between destiny and halo are ridiculous.
I couldnt believe how much of the same things they did.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

In fairness, Bungie brought a lot of their Halo idea with them to Destiny. I'm not sure it is fair to accuse either developer of "stealing" from the other considering the interlacing between the two. There is no grinding in Halo, also there is no enemy respawn. The story is on-par with past Halo offering, but I suggest reading The Fall of Reach and watching the Halo Guardians CGI movies before you play, as they fill in some pieces missing between the games.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I'm fairly sure No Man's Sky will hit the Xbox, too. The fact that Hello Games is prepping it for a WIndows release means the programming will largely be ready for Xbox, but I expect they'll wait until it has been on PS4 for a few months before announcing it. "Timed" exclusives rarely don't appear on the other console.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

True, I think Destiny was Bungie's long term goal even when they were making Halo. MS is basically just continuing what Bungie started and what they bought from Bungie.

IDK .. I'm tired of running around in first person shooting things. I am looking forward to the new Fallout game, looks like you get a lot of game for you money with it.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I Put a few hours in tonight on halo 5's campaign. Im liking it so far. Only complaint so far is That the AI has been getting me mad. I was trying to blast some enemies from the turret in the warthog, but my AI team mates kept jumping in the drivers seat and aimlessly driving me in circles. I like the graphics, the controls and the feel of the game so far.
Lookng forward to putting in some more time tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Coming soon to the ps4 is a game called Rebel Galaxy I've been playing it on the pc since it came out and the game is fricken awesome it's like Firefly in a way, you are pretty much a space pirate/smuggler/merc depending on the path you want it's single player with awesome garage blues to set the mood.

Put on the headphones get your mind right
and cheese out to some very chill game play with just the right amount of action.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Well if you have a X-Box one then ya you should get it.

I played all the halo games, the truth is. Everybody is saying how the campaign mode ie story mode in the first and second were the best. I mean they were for there time, but by now everything has been pretty much done so in FPS terms the newer games coming out lose that surprise feeling.

I dont own a X-Box one, but if I had one I would buy the game simple as that.

Everybody is giving it a average score and saying its not that good. But that's mostly because the campaign is lackluster. Truth being, probably is and pretty short. But even in the first Halo games I never played them for there campaigns. Because no matter how good or interesting they were if they did not have a good online component eventually after you pass it, then it generally ends up in the closet.

And as far as I seen Halo 5 in the online component is were its at. And it seems thats what 343 industries was aiming for, and they seemed to have hit that mark from all I seen of the game. Really like I said if I had a X-Box I would get the game simply for the online shootups, and the new warzone mode Halo always did have one of the best big team type of gameplay style out there, in my opinion its better then Battlefield 4 or any of them, and even looks to be better then the new Star Wars game which is coming out which seems to be pretty much a watered down battlefield with star wars charters, especially with the new objective warzone mode.

While the game looks good in that respect, for me personally it does not warrant me buying a new console for it cant afford to spend all that money simply for one game. However if you have a X-box one, then its a duh! Ya, you should get it.

I think I will stick to Black Ops 3 when it comes out on my PS4, but in all I think at least in some things, Halo 5, especially in the more bigger gamemodes and maps. Then ya Halo 5 does it better, and it is more fun, and can even be more strategic, but only as long as you actually have and face a party that works together. But in small team deathmatches and shootthem ups, I think games like Black Ops are better but only in that aspect really.

Either way, from a online gameplay perspective at least, you cant go wrong with any of the Halo games, and I have played the first 3 to death death, and after all is said I remeber more the online matches and fun I had in that then I do the campaign mode. And this one delivers on that as well, and they even went back to the basics of halo as well. Though albeit a few extra changes in there like the dash, clamber, and hover and other spartan abilities thrown in. Which just seems to mix things up more and ups the pace of the game, so its a good thing over all.

edit on 3pmSaturdaypm312015f6pmSat, 31 Oct 2015 15:41:07 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
So i finished the campaign. 15 missions. some of those where pretty short. Like go talk to this guy and this guy, boom achievement, next mission.
So i dropped into MP and tried out Arena. Bunch of different rotating modes. Was a good mix.
Then i popped into warzone. I think this is where ill be spending my time!
Similar to battlefield conquest, you have a few points on a huge map that you fight to control. vs player enemies and AI enemies. Pretty fun mode!

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Found my first disappointment in halo 5. Theres no firefight mode. Reach had it, were waves on enemies would come at you while you hold up trying to defeat them all.
I miss my killionair medal.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Oh man starting to miss the fact that I dont have a x-box one. I miss that mode firefight, and also gears of wars horde mode was tons of fun back in the day. They probably will put it in as I heard as there getting tons of maps and modes for halo 5 over the months and there all free as well.

Oh Well. Will have to cope with Black Ops and zombies mode for now though or when the game comes out.

Will also miss the game announcer on the kill streaks in Halo, double kill, triple kill, quadruple kill, killtacular, killamanjaro, killapaluza, that and the 15 year olds talking #. Last time I even played these types of games was years ago. And everybody was all polite, it totally freaked me out, nobody even said they would tea bag me or insult my mother or anything in hours and hours of gameplay. It was so out of character of people it almost killed the mood of these sort of games.

Fun times, fun times back in those days. Hopefully Black ops 3 can deliver at least half of the shenanigans these sort of games used to deliver, as FPS have been sort of meh hit or miss mostly miss for me for a long time.

Here found this vid online some days ago, pretty funny spoof, they even got the camper down pat.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

There was some trash talk in the lobby of the games i was playing in Halo 5. Not very much though.
If you want trash talk go on GTA 5. I have to plug my head set in so the kids tripping ballz on people, dont come through my tv speakers and my kids cant hear it.
That game has A LOT of foul mouthed pre teens acting hard.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Nah dont care for it one way or another, I simply just dont care what they say or dont say. But it was just weird, not hearing trash talk in a game were from what I remembered from years ago there was plenty of it on there. As for GTAV, I dont know but always did find the GTA games kind of boring so never bothered with them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join