It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halo 5 - opinions anyone?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Personally I do not like it. My son who is a die hard Halo fan detests it. First of all Multiplayer while it does not have the connection issues that plagued MCC, there is alot of rubber banding that goes on in matches. The graphics are great for the cut scenes, but if I want to watch a movie. I will do just that, watch a movie. The REQ system is 343 studios very own pay to win scenario. Micro transactions and the acceptance of them from the masses is going to destroy gaming in lieu of greed by these companies.

NO COUCH CO-OP!!

The campaign is the shortest campaign to date. They have dumbed down any type of boss battle. You know engage the SAME boss 6 or 7 times. They sold this game as this epic story of Masterchief being hunted and the legendary battle that would ensue. This is a cut scene. Non interactive, no battle with Master Chief. Just a cut scene.

The environmental graphics in multiplayer are very plain and lacking in detail. Warzone maps are supposed to be huge yet oddly they are very confining. Nearly every match that I have played has been very lopsided. One team always crushes the other. I am not sure if this is because people do not understand how it works, but it can be very frustrating.

On a positive note. 60 frames per second. Set pieces in the campaign are beautifully done.

I regret getting this game on release. Should have waited for a significant price drop.

Long live Halo 3!

edit on 5-11-2015 by Doom and Gloom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: LightAssassin

I don't trust the gaming press. They tend to give most major releases big scores when the actual players are busy saying

This is the part of the gamer gate conspiracy no one talks about.
yeah I am sick of seeing great reviews for a game, then buying it all excited, and it doesn't even work. Nowadays every game needs to have online multiplayer, my opinion anyways. And technology should be getting better. But too many games now just don't work at all online when first released if ever. Too much lag. Is that how Halo 5 is? That is my main question.

<< 1  2   >>

join