It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Sees Massive Pulse come OUT of Black Hole

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Title of Article: NASA Just Saw Something Come Out Of A Black Hole And It Was Pretty Big

A massive pulse of energy was just detected via x-rays - NASA says they detected this energy coming out of a black hole that's around 324 million light years away (whoah)

"The occurrence was observed when they saw a large flare coming out of the supermassive black hole, Markarian 335"

Two of their X-rays saw the pulse and, as we understand, it looked cooler than your average space pulse.

“This is the first time we have been able to link the launching of the corona to a flare. This will help us understand how supermassive black holes power some of the brightest objects in the universe.” –Dan Wilkins of Saint Mary’s University

If you want to read more - link:www.hellou.co.uk...
edit on 29-10-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

It likely just ate a star and some of the plasma in the accretion ring was at just enough escape velocity to just avoid the event horizon and shoot out.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Thanks for that, very interesting.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
A burp after a good meal.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

It likely just ate a star and some of the plasma in the accretion ring was at just enough escape velocity to just avoid the event horizon and shoot out.

Basically it burped.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: HighDesertPatriot

Pretty much to put it simply

Or space fart if you want to go cruder

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Being that this thing is over 300 million light years away, this event actually occurred during the Carboniferous geologic period here on earth!

That is PRE-Dinosaurs!!!!

en.wikipedia.org... - I found it interesting to look at what life forms were dominating our planet at that time

edit on 29-10-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Now this is highly theoretical but haven't blackholes been theorized as a way to utilize ftl travel, or a wormhole if you will to travel great distances in a short amount of real time?

If so is it hypothetically possible that what they witnessed was a craft entering or exiting said blackhole?

If I remember correctly according to physics (I can't remember if it's string theory, or what type) it is scientific pissible.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
X-rays are the only thing that can escape the singularity, that nothing can escape.

So, are X-rays "things"?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

X-rays are electromagnetic radiation. The same thing as light.

BTW, nothing can escape from beyond the event horizon. This pulse did not originate from beyond the event horizon.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

X-rays are electromagnetic radiation. The same thing as light.

BTW, nothing can escape from beyond the event horizon. This pulse did not originate from beyond the event horizon.

Thanks for the reminder. The acceleration of matter is what releases energy just prior to crossing the event horizon. Do we know, was this huge pulse of X-rays accompanied by a flash of light as well?

And at the risk of being ripped a new one, you said… "The same thing as light".

So light is a thing, made of photons, i.e., particles?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Phage, you are a man of science i was wondering what your take on my theory is, theroretical physics is touchy depending on whom you talk to. blackholes have been linked to everything from wormholes to time travel and beyond just curious.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Stuff swirling around in the accretion disk of a black hole (outside the event horizon) rotates so fast that massive friction causes energy to be released in the form of x-rays, and that energy is usually released in a jet that is perpendicular to the plane of the accretion disk.

edit on 10/29/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Massive black hole must mean massive appetite and massive burps too.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Awesome,that leaves us 323,999,999 years to prepare
the best doom thread ever.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
BTW, nothing can escape from beyond the event horizon.

..according to our actual science.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

edit on 29-10-2015 by LightAssassin because: post clarified

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightAssassin
a reply to: xoenneox

I think you mean current scientific understanding.

Yes, Sir...more or less.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: crimsongod21
Now this is highly theoretical but haven't blackholes been theorized as a way to utilize ftl travel, or a wormhole if you will to travel great distances in a short amount of real time?

If so is it hypothetically possible that what they witnessed was a craft entering or exiting said blackhole?

If I remember correctly according to physics (I can't remember if it's string theory, or what type) it is scientific pissible.

Scientifically pissible. Pardon my immaturity but I lolled!

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
This pulse did not come from the black hole but from the accretion disk formed at the event horizon of the structure. It is much like the bremsstrahlung radiation given off by highly charged electrons as they approach a cathode in a vacuum tube.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join