It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An excellent article explaining why an economic collapse is inevitable.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Hi

Doing my usual rounds of news from many world viewpoints I came across this article on why an economic collapse is inevitable. This article is directed at the UK but is relevant to everywhere where money rules. It is very clearly and we'll presented and I think everybody should read this as it explains note only the economic collapse but the whole facade of money.

Article

This I feel is painting a pretty picture of what is to come based purely on math. Add in future conflicts and security issues and the mass will really lose patience with the government.

This should be taught to everyone to show the truth about money. Anyone on the lower end of the wealth scale will never see equality. It's obvious the system is built to keep the peasants on their knees and the wealthy in their ivory towers.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Also I'd like to add that in order to preen another crash and to fuel the economy another world war would be beneficial. After the world wars we seen with the rise in government debt a boom in the economy. Although this is pretty obvious I though I'd point it out. So basically we will be moving rapidly towards ww3 which will fuel the economy for another few years. This fits perfectly with what's going on around the world.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

Same as it always was.

Trouble is no one will wake up and smell the coffee.

They all think government etc will look after them.

Apathy is well and truly entrenched......

MR

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
If an individual would just learn to exercise restraint and not "level up" until they can put forth enough cash to keep their bills the same, as in "sustainable" then there would be nothing to worry about.
However...

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

No more Boom and Bust - Gordaon Brown - 1999.

Nearly twenty years and one major recession later, 'No more Boom and Bust' is laughable.

It's strange how the wealthiest have become even wealthier, despite a recession. Yet, the poorest are the ones that have to pay.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: liteonit6969
Also I'd like to add that in order to preen another crash and to fuel the economy another world war would be beneficial. After the world wars we seen with the rise in government debt a boom in the economy. Although this is pretty obvious I though I'd point it out. So basically we will be moving rapidly towards ww3 which will fuel the economy for another few years. This fits perfectly with what's going on around the world.

Those were my first thoughts when I read the article. You can see the pieces of the jigsaw coming together and building a picture of devastation throughout the world.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Here ya go...

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

No more Boom and Bust - Gordaon Brown - 1999.

Nearly twenty years and one major recession later, 'No more Boom and Bust' is laughable.

It's strange how the wealthiest have become even wealthier, despite a recession. Yet, the poorest are the ones that have to pay.

And people who were advocating for Timewave Zero and 2012 have now moved that date to 2018. It's a perpetual Joke

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Yes, I read this article earlier today. It's essentially, 'new tribalism'...except it's not so new. Something like this, the gated rich will always get richer today without the checks and balances that used to be, like monopoly laws, and you probably will never even know them...they are disconnected from the rest of the world, the 90% money owners in the world, while being the movers and shakers of just about everything that happens today, including manufactured terrorism like IS, as if terrorism of any kind is not bad enough.
I agree with the guy in essence, but he doesn't go the full length as to what can be done about it.

Kudos to eisegesis for posting the video here BTW.

edit on 28-10-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

You're probably preaching to the converted here.
But good on you.

"After the world wars we seen with the rise in government debt a boom in the economy."

I agree. This and has been the typical cycle for eons.

Unfortunately this causes tremendous suffering for those involved, has medium term benefits for the victors and really only benefits the elite in the long term. It also causes/creates more hate, more suffering more disenfranchised and perpetuates yet another cycle of the us vs them bulls..t.

The real questions here are, how do we inform the uninformed (IMO pointless, they don't want to know), how do we stop this barbaric primitive nonsense (yea right) and what is the alternative?

If we leave it to the PTB again to resolve and rectify, we are heading for a future that I want no part of, which will just be more...Boom bust, boom bust - war. Boom bust, boom bust - war, ad infinitum.

As Marlborough touched on...Well be "debt slaves" forever. Becoming debt free is a start.

"Rome must burn".

I read somewhere that it only takes about 6% of the population to cause a revolution, or create major change.
The simplest thing to do would be to use non-violent and passive non-compliance.

Just dont go to work for a week or more and dont pay ANY bills.Society as we know it would collapse in no time, but will put the power back in our hands..a "phoenix would rise from the ashes".

A "service to others" as opposed to a "service to self" attitude would have to dominate our psyche initially and rapidly.
Barter, voluntarism and philanthropy would be the dominant theme..

The only other way is to set up an alternative system that runs parallel to the existing paradigm, to ease us into the transitioning of a new way (whatever that ism/system might be).
This would not be acceptable to the PTB (and most people).

It would take guts and sacrifice, qualities that are extremely lacking in this generation.

Anyway, if it did start gaining any significant momentum, it would be crushed ruthlessly, rapidly and violently.
The instigators would be rounded up and put into detention centres etc and never heard from again.

I want to stand and be proud and honored to be part of this reality, but at the moment I am ashamed to call myself "human".

Its about time humanity (the 99%) grew the f...k up..

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I don't know why people worry so much about the money supply expanding when it's our population expanding that causes most problems. We are growing like crazy in spite of the fact that much of the world is running out of water, we are losing farmland to desertification, drought and development, and we can't employ or provide medical care for all the people we have now yet we still keep bringing people into our countries and paying teenagers to have babies and other insanity.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Ngatikiwi

I read somewhere that it only takes about 6% of the population to cause a revolution, or create major change. The simplest thing to do would be to use non-violent and passive non-compliance. Just dont go to work for a week or more and dont pay ANY bills.Society as we know it would collapse in no time, but will put the power back in our hands..a "phoenix would rise from the ashes".

The only problem with this is that it would have to be a heavily organized network in order for it take momentum like any movement.. People that just decide randomly to stop going to work, pay taxes, pay the bills are just going to be treated by authorities as another dead beat loser who can't afford to take care of themselves. Other than that I think what you've said is spot on but I highly doubt things will stay non-violent if something like this picks up globally..

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
I don't know why people worry so much about the money supply expanding when it's our population expanding that causes most problems. We are growing like crazy in spite of the fact that much of the world is running out of water, we are losing farmland to desertification, drought and development, and we can't employ or provide medical care for all the people we have now yet we still keep bringing people into our countries and paying teenagers to have babies and other insanity.

Actually, populations in western "developed" countries would have negative population growth if not for immigration.
Capitalism (profits) only exists if populations grow, thus the need for immigration. It also decreases the populations of those countries that they emigrate from thus destabilizing their economies. A win win for them.

Each and every person has a value and is considered collateral/equity of which the government can borrow against. The more new people in a country the more finances a government can gather.
It is one of the main economic driver of countries. Negative population growth = negative fiscal balance. War is the other one.
World populations are set to plateau at about 2050 and probably go into decline, at which capitalism that we know of will collapse.

We do have the know-how to solve these problems but lack the will and balls to do so.Also there is no profit in solving them, so no motivation to do so.

Our leaders are not interested in fixing them, and won't. They feel safe and secure in their compounds, watching their debt slaves, suffer, scrap over what jobs there are and fight and die in the wars that they have perpetuated and planned for decades ago. We are fools to think they care.

Any words to the contrary from them is just paying lip-service to the masses.
The answer to financial, environmental degradation, employment, health can only come from you and me the 99%ers.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator
a reply to: Ngatikiwi

I read somewhere that it only takes about 6% of the population to cause a revolution, or create major change. The simplest thing to do would be to use non-violent and passive non-compliance. Just dont go to work for a week or more and dont pay ANY bills.Society as we know it would collapse in no time, but will put the power back in our hands..a "phoenix would rise from the ashes".

The only problem with this is that it would have to be a heavily organized network in order for it take momentum like any movement.. People that just decide randomly to stop going to work, pay taxes, pay the bills are just going to be treated by authorities as another dead beat loser who can't afford to take care of themselves. Other than that I think what you've said is spot on but I highly doubt things will stay non-violent if something like this picks up globally..

I agree totally.
Idealism and hope was where I was coming from, but I am a realist and know it would not happen this way.
The rise of a new dichotomy is rarely peaceful.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Each and every person has a value and is considered collateral/equity of which the government can borrow against

Business sees people only as consumers and government sees them as taxpayers, but just because people are potential income doesn't mean overpopulation is good. The growth causes serious problems that eventually far outweigh the benefits. The fact that no one will face this shows how corrupted we are by the growth insanity.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Each and every person has a value and is considered collateral/equity of which the government can borrow against

Business sees people only as consumers and government sees them as taxpayers, but just because people are potential income doesn't mean overpopulation is good. The growth causes serious problems that eventually far outweigh the benefits. The fact that no one will face this shows how corrupted we are by the growth insanity.

I cant disagree with that.

Unabated growth will eventually become the cancer that kills its host..We are near this point now I feel.
In a way I understand the depopulation agenda but I dont agree with it. Its non-visionary.The PBT will probably disagree with me there.

While society is driven by profit/growth (both human and financial) destruction of this biosphere will continue.
We need to "tech the sh..t" out of our predicament. Cause I dont see us "rising against the machine".
"The Matrix" has an iron grip..Sometimes I wish I took the blue pill..Doh!

Kia Ora

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
While he is correct that a sustained surplus is a really bad idea he is right for completely wrong reasons. Economics is not a zero sum game and you cant treat government budgets as an accounting exercise.

Again with his description of money as debt. Yes it is but not in the way he describes, in its simplest terms money is simply a store of value. Trying to equate physical money with pay day loans and government debt is misleading and unhelpful.

What we have is an anthropologist (not an economist) trying to sell an anti establishment anarchistic agenda based on a misunderstanding neo-classical economic concepts of equilibrium.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Solution is simple

Nationalise central bank and production of currency

China has an awesome model whether world wants to admit it or not

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Money is supposed to be wealth, as in gold, gems, silver or whatever, or money is supposed to be a receipt for gold, silver, gems or whatever.

Money is supposed to be wealth that is not being used, except as money.

Money is not debt, it is surplus. Money is gotten by doing more than is necessary to survive and trading the extra.

The money in the OP is legal counterfeit Ponzi Scheme money. The new slavery.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Semicollegiate
It makes no difference if money is linked to a physical asset ir not it is still an IOU it just happens to be an exchangeable one. Saying I owe you five pounds/dollars is in no way different from saying I owe you five pounds/dollars worth of gold/silver/sea shells or shiny buttons. What is a surplus to you has inevitably be a debt else where. What is wrong with his column is that he tries to extrapolate up from this to government finances. This would only hold true if all assets and production were fixed. As this is obviously not the case his analysis is so over simplified as to be meaningless.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join