It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart Halts Sale of Israeli Soldier Halloween Costume

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Seriously? They are apparently selling kids Israeli Soldier Halloween costumes complete with toy gun but to be fair they are also selling "Sheikh Fagin's Nose" costumes for balance lol

Walmart Israeli Soldier Outift

What on earth were they thinking? and what next? Isis outfits with beheading knives? Hitler costumes with toy gas chamber?

One reviewer on Walmarts' website states

Your little one can now go to his friend's house, and take over their bedroom, and all of their toys and claim that God has given him/her the right to take it. If the friend refuses, your little IDF soldier can respond with force, and if they fight back, claim anti-semitism, the right to defend their new room full of God given toys and level the whole family and neighbourhood block!

I'm pretty laid back as far as political correctness goes but this even for me is bang out of order

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I don't see anything wrong with an IDF costume, I would let my kids dress up as the IDF, the IDF has saved the lives of a bunch of my military friends in combat.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I suppose a navy seal costume would be equally offensive.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I'm more surprised that it comes with a toy gun. Haven't the fanatics got those banned yet?
edit on 28-10-2015 by chiefsmom because: spelling as usual

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

that comment, and the other ones shown in the article, have some humor to them - you have to admit

The nose thing I get, and kids can dress up as any type of soldier so I don't see the issue with it being IDF, Unless IDF are seen as some sort of trrorist, then I guess one might equate this to kids dressing up as taliban - I know IDF are seen as terrorists by some, and so are the Palestinians, both sides seem to spread lies about the other and I don't know enough about this topic
edit on 28-10-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Exactly, what difference does it make. I can't imagine any child who's intention is to be an "Israeli Soldier" - more often than not it's just a soldier costume they are looking for.

Stay offended America..

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This CANNOT be real...
Why would Wal*Mart put a picture of an Arab costume complete with huge nose prosthesis and NOT expect backlash? No way I'm buying this.
Also, the description of the Israeli soldier costume is far too provocative for Wal*Mart...they won't even allow Confederate flag belt buckles anymore, and those accounted for half of their sales in the early days!

Just who the hell is itv.com anyways?
edit on 28-10-2015 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Well when you can buy vile costumes like this....

Honestly not a joke

Cracked
Shop

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Most likely. It just depends on where you are in the world. Of course the countries that would take the most offense don't celebrate Halloween.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

OMG I WANT ONE!

Hubby would like it. LOL

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
ITV is an English tv chanel opposite of the BBC as in privately owned not public

Well I'm sorry but I never expected people actually agreeing that these 2 outfits were fine. I fail to see what's even remotely "halloweeny" about them, and if children want to dress up as soldiers great they've done it for hundreds of years, but in this politcal climate why make it specifically IDF? Why not just a generic soldiers outfit? The Israeli-Palestine issue is a bloody WAR for goodness sake! And as far as the Sheikh Fagin costume....who was Fagin? Yup a low life scumbag thief in Oliver...hmmm and that's not even slightly racist then?

Further link
Vanity Fair & Walmart Costume

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Most likely. It just depends on where you are in the world. Of course the countries that would take the most offense don't celebrate Halloween.

Hey now. Costumes aren't just for Halloween. Take my wife's french maid costume for instance.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Well i hope they pull the witches nose off the shelves also. I find it sickening to see that "witches" are all being grouped into evil entities. Anti pagan pigs!
Lol. Im just kidding but thats pretty much the equivalent.
Fagin gets his nose pulled, so should the witch...right?

I wish i had absolutely nothing to do in my life, that i had the time to give a crap about such minor issues in the world.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I was just thinking the same thing

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

That's an awful costume...It's a game where to put your hand and feet. Of the two hands are more disturbing....I would never let any of my future daughters wear that.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384

That's an awful costume...It's a game where to put your hand and feet. Of the two hands are more disturbing....I would never let any of my future daughters wear that.

I know I actually felt sick to my stomach seeing that and I dont even have children!

Any parent that lets there kid wear something like that needs to be looked into.....

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Blimey I hadn't even thought of anything naughty or wrong with that costume...just silly. I thought it was a retro costume nothing else. I must be naive! lol

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384

I have a niece that wore a t-shirt with a big cherry on it when she was about ten. I had a talk with her mother.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I feel I've read someplace, Twister is sex in a box? Well, contorting bodies on a small mat yeah I wouldn't want that on my little girl, who has yet to exist.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I'm not sure what's wrong with that? Only bad connection is "pop...", but it's just a fruit, no?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join