It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart Halts Sale of Israeli Soldier Halloween Costume

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport
You're innocent
I wish I could have so much faith in humanity and the non-perviness of guys, though being one myself not all are, but I've heard too many stories of guys and just nope.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: the owlbear

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I suppose a navy seal costume would be equally offensive.

Most likely. It just depends on where you are in the world. Of course the countries that would take the most offense don't celebrate Halloween.

Hey now. Costumes aren't just for Halloween. Take my wife's french maid costume for instance.

True...I like being tied up with Wonder Woman's magic lasso and being forced to tell the truth on a fairly regular basis...

You have to admit, though, it would be kind of harsh to go into a neighborhood full of kids that fleed from sandy bombed out countries wearing a Navy SEALs costume any day.

Of course, I support the right of whomever wants to do such. But I don't have to like their choices.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
No different than any other military garb costume. Adults and kids dress up as the devil quite frequently.

How can you get any eviler then the lord of hell himself? Some people can't pick their battles.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

A generic soldier costume fine....devil costume fine....I just think and clearly many others as Walmart have now removed the offending items, that costumes that portray Arabs as robbing thieving b**tards and a uniform for kids from a country at war and with questionable human rights issues is wrong.

However, it seems Walmart are no stranger to controversy and last Halloween got a blasting for featuring costumes entitled "Fat Girls Costumes"....which was bad enough but then featured clothing from the ladies plus size section!!
Fat Girl Costumes

I think their pr and merchandisers need a quiet word

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Your post is hilarious, I can't believe they advertised and sold a "fat girls costume".

Then again people have been stuffing their shirts with pillows etc to imitate the same for years.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: crazyewok

OMG I WANT ONE!

Hubby would like it. LOL

I love you playfulness lady, and your husband does too. This issue is the crap Walmart sells thinking it's okay for the money.

As a adult. It's not.

I don't shop there for this reasoning. I would rather be more broke and be a better part of my small community local stores and kick Wally World out.
edit on 28-10-2015 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
Seriously? They are apparently selling kids Israeli Soldier Halloween costumes complete with toy gun but to be fair they are also selling "Sheikh Fagin's Nose" costumes for balance lol

Walmart Israeli Soldier Outift

What on earth were they thinking? and what next? Isis outfits with beheading knives? Hitler costumes with toy gas chamber?

One reviewer on Walmarts' website states

Your little one can now go to his friend's house, and take over their bedroom, and all of their toys and claim that God has given him/her the right to take it. If the friend refuses, your little IDF soldier can respond with force, and if they fight back, claim anti-semitism, the right to defend their new room full of God given toys and level the whole family and neighbourhood block!

I'm pretty laid back as far as political correctness goes but this even for me is bang out of order

I don't see a problem with this costume. Poor taste is always in style...especially during Halloween.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

haha I think I must be in style all year round then!

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

haha I think I must be in style all year round then!

Now THAT is funny! Being weird is better than being boring, right?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Why would I take it? Doesn't she need it?

If it's the one I saw the other day, it's very generic. It could be as Saudi army costume.

Not the maids costume...the soldier costume.

Just to avoid any confusion.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I tried boring..didn't suit me
I'm not weird I'm erm eccentric! Though will admit to a weird taste in music...so I'm told..I disagree obviously. My friends would worry if I suddenly became normal...they'd have nothing to talk about

On a side note I rather like Walmart (or Asda as it is over here) clothing range lol

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

a reply to: crazyewok

Blimey I hadn't even thought of anything naughty or wrong with that costume...just silly. I thought it was a retro costume nothing else. I must be naive! lol

Want to make a naughty costume? Just dress up as a tent and put th ewords. Insert long pole into hole with a arrow pointing down.

OR dress as a computer and have insert disk in slot.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Well color me green as jaded...

Is this # for real!!!

It's not in the lol or hoax bin. It's been several hours...

Damn...

My faith in humanity is gone. Bring on Cthulhu. Couldn't be any worse than Wal*Mart.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
Well color me green as jaded...

Is this # for real!!!

It's not in the lol or hoax bin. It's been several hours...

Damn...

My faith in humanity is gone. Bring on Cthulhu. Couldn't be any worse than Wal*Mart.

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn Brother.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I wore a uniform for years, that uniform many good men have died in and for a belief higher than themselves, I don't care what the nay-Sayers wish to spout at this point. I am not ashamed, if my child wanted to dress up as a soldier than so be it, he can wear a U.S uniform or any western uniform for all I care, and that's the plane and simple. Service towards your nation or western ideals is not a negative or disgusting thing;don't ever let it become, I sure as hell won't.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Its not the fact of wearing a soldier's uniform its the plain fact of considering the current political climate why on earth did Walmart choose an Israeli one?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

So because it's not fashionable to like Israel (considering questionable human rights activities, which unfortunate as it is all countries engage in and have a history of) wearing, or more so selling the uniform becomes sickening, interesting.. I'd have to agree on the first page the twister dress for a young girl has a rather sick idea behind it.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Not a matter of fashion its a matter of both costumes the Isreali one and the Sheikh Fagin one are in my opinion in bad taste, but not only my opinion clearly many others too as the costumes are now withdrawn. Yet I saw nothing wrong with the retro twister costume whatsoever....just goes to show

top topics

<< 1   >>

join