It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Successfully Pressures Ford To Move Mexican Plant To Ohio

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I prefer Carson but hell, this is not a bad thing. Since Trump has the spotlight (and the ear of a lot of America), the magnifying glass and lights shine bright on the topics he discusses.

Good job Mr. Trump!

prntly.com...

Donald Trump may not be the President yet, but his constant criticism of Ford outsourcing jobs to Mexico has caused the auto tycoon to change course and bring the $2,000,000,000 plant back to the United States.

CNN Money reports that Ford is moving its facility, originally slated for Mexico, back to the United States, where it will employ 1,000 factory workers in struggling Youngstown, Ohio.

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump recently said that if he’s elected he would take steps to make it more expensive for manufacturers to shift work to Mexico and then export the items back to the United States.

“How does that help us?” Trump said about the Ford investment in Mexico while campaigning in Michigan this week. “Mexico is becoming the new China.”

Ford has declined to comment, but many see this as a good sign, a welcome change after decades of outsourcing manufacturing plant overseas.

money.cnn.com...

This comes as good news for Mr. Trump as polling shows that he would have electoral college sweep if he were paired against Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
The man already did more for our economy before he is even elected than that fool Obama has done in 6+ years. I prefer Carson as well, but at least Trump put his money where his mouth is instead of inserting his foot in it like Obama.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
A shocking twist! Interesting development to the pre united states election. Should make for an interesting show once it comes about. Hopefully as revolutionary as our canadian on, eh yanky-doodles?

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
We really going to give trump credit for this? They started taking hear for this back in April according to the article.

It's also good publicity for Ford (F), which has been under fire for investing so much in Mexico. In April, the automaker said it would invest $2.5 billion in transmission plants in the Mexican states of Chihuahua and Guanajuato, creating about 3,800 jobs there.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   

From Day 1 there has been no doubt Trump is the fix which is needed right now. There needs to be a force which is not heavily rooted on either side, and is experienced in turning things around - to the positive for a change.

Vote for Trump is vote for getting things done - and what better proof he's walking the talk, than having an industry giant like FORD believing ALREADY the hard core message from Trump. Trump lives as he preaches, and boy, you do not want to side step there. So, Ford management obviously KNOWS this, and do not want to dare destiny.

Trump is the boss.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

He hasn't done jack, opening your mouth isnt doing anything. Obama sure as hell helped many, he hasn't been great by any stretch but to act like this is better, when it isn't even solely trump, is sticking your head in the sand and to me on a party's side.
edit on thMon, 26 Oct 2015 03:19:15 -0500America/Chicago1020151580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thMon, 26 Oct 2015 03:19:34 -0500America/Chicago1020153480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

The article is just as much BS as the narrative that Ford was the only auto company to not take a bailout from the govt. It's hard to believe a publication that excitedly announces Trump reads the site as being unbiased.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
We really going to give trump credit for this? They started taking hear for this back in April according to the article.

It's also good publicity for Ford (F), which has been under fire for investing so much in Mexico. In April, the automaker said it would invest $2.5 billion in transmission plants in the Mexican states of Chihuahua and Guanajuato, creating about 3,800 jobs there.

Well, since you asked I AM going to give him credit for this, however, based on where you seem to be on the political spectrum I can understand why you would not.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Why? What do you know about this deal and how long it had been in action. You think this just happens in under 6 months? I don't hide that I lean left, I have no shame in that. Trump would get about much credit as anyone on ats or any social media that has said ford needs to get their jobs back in the states. There is a youtube video talking about this deal or one very similsr in 2011 with Kasich or what ever his name is.

Thought you would be against people taking credit for some thing they didn't do, but hey trump has that affect on people I guess to eat up his bs.
edit on thMon, 26 Oct 2015 03:30:47 -0500America/Chicago1020154780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thMon, 26 Oct 2015 03:33:04 -0500America/Chicago1020150480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Why? What do you know about this deal and how long it had been in action. You think this just happens in under 6 months? I don't hide that I lean left, I have no shame in that. Trump would get about much credit as anyone on ats or any social media that has said ford needs to get their jobs back in the states. There is a youtube video talking about this deal or one very similsr in 2011 with Kasich or what ever his name is.

Thought you would be against people taking credit for some thing they didn't do, but hey trump has that affect on people I guess to eat up his bs.

Car companies have plants devoted solely to engines or transmissions, bodies etc. So it is very possible that this and the one in 2011 are two different factories. Aside from that, if Trumps words reach enough people it can have an impact on Ford's decision making, as the publicity brings more scrutiny to the brand at a time when outsourcing jobs is very unpopular.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

But Ford had reached agreement with the UAW union in Aug 2015...why is Trump claiming the credit?

www.businessinsider.com...

Ford is moving its commercial truck production out of Mexico
Reuters
Reuters
Aug. 12, 2015, 4:28 AM 6,013

So he's threatening to introduce tariffs which will end up being passed onto the consumer or result in job losses

prntly.com...

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump recently said that if he’s elected he would take steps to make it more expensive for manufacturers to shift work to Mexico and then export the items back to the United States.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Yes, Ford started talking about opening a plant in Mexico, and now, thanks to so much attention from Trump, they announce they will open it in Ohio. So, yes, Trump gets the credit.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Seriously? You"re comparing any of us on ATS or any social media with the power of the voice Trump currently has? I could scream about Ford from the rooftops in my neighborhood, or make posts on my Twitter and Facebook page, but as far as my voice would be heard would be the local Ford dealership across town. And even then they'd laugh me right out of there. My voice and yours mean absolutely nothing to Donald Trump's.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

No, they started getting attention for it in APRIL, was trump talking about it then? The union gets the credit here since they were the ones actually dealing with ford, not this blowhard trump. Let's give credit where credit is due.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

They said they were building in Mexico back in April. Now they say they are building in Ohio. No, Trump wasn't talking about it in April, but he is now.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Although Trump did grow up rich, inheriting money and property from his fathers businesses, the Trump Family is self-made for the most part and not really a part of the "Good ol Boys" that typically hold office (note that all the Trumps are Tax Dodgers BTW). Donald Trumps grandfather was an illegal alien, that did not process properly through Ellis Island, simply walking away from the processing center after he got off the ship, in the late 1800's. With that in mind, people like Trump and Perot TRULY are considered "trash" by the standards of the Romney and Bush clans, with their family members having held political offices in the Untied States, as far back as the 1850's. Note, Reagan, Clinton, and Obama also had no direct family ties to the NWO etc. However, they were not nearly as wealthy, nor as independently bold, as Trump or Perot and eventually all of them did "toe the line", following the orders of the "Good ol Boys". This is likely because they were not wealthy enough to fight back, without taking the risk of loosing everything in the process.

The reality is that Trump will NEVER be accepted as part of the TRUE "Owners of Capital" club because he is the descendent of regular working class immigrants from Germany, that came to the USA, via Ellis Island. Whether voters believe it or not, people like Donald Trump and Ross Perot before him, are truly, the best chance, regular people have to being represented by someone in office who's family is not part of the NWO. Although I have not thoroughly checked, it does not appear that Donald Trump nor Ross Perot were ever invited to or attended the Bilderberg Conference. That's a GOOD sign, not a bad one.

Also there are some other things to consider, if Trump wins the republican nomination or somehow gets huge backing as an Independent, the TRUE "Owners of Capital" will simply do what they did to Ross Perot and once that process unfolds he will eventually decide to "willingly withdraw" from the race.

Also, do people really believe, that if someone like Donald Trump wins the election, that he will be able to do what he wants, as apposed to, what the "Military Industrial Complex" wants him to do?

Anyone who becomes President of the United States has to "cow tow" to the "Military Industrial Complex" and even Donald Trump is not immune to a guaranteed "CIA visit" once in office.

Be assured they will pay him a visit, if he ever wins, and like Ross Perot, Jessie Ventura, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Obama, he too will be told to "toe the line" and "play ball", as they dictate. For example, why in the world did Arnold Schwarzenegger need to do ANYTHING along party lines? His fame and popularity COMPLETELY transcended political parties, yet somehow he was still "answering" to politicians who "in theory" should have had no affect on his personal life, political career or personal fortune, all of which existed prior to being elected and was held COMPLETELY outside of the confines or influence of the "Military Industrial Complex".

Also consider this angle, there is a huge assets difference between Mitt Romney, who has a $250 million net worth and Ross Perot with a $5 billion net worth (Donald Trump has a net worth of $4 Billion). Yet, someone like Romney was a shoe in for party nominations, but not Perot and this time around it will be Jeb Bush that gets the party nomination, not Trump. As I alluded to above, its NOT the money nor the popular vote that matters, people like Mitt and Jeb are government insiders and both come from families that always have been government insiders. That was not the case at all with Perot and the same goes for Trump, hence neither of them can be elected regardless of the popular vote or the public's desires.

Ross Perot dropping out of the 1992 election was not happenstance either, nor simply about his daughters wedding:

Mr. Perot offered no evidence, only quoting friends and an unidentified "top Republican." "I can't prove any of it today," he said on tonight's CBS News program "60 Minutes." "But it was a risk I did not have to take," he added, "and a risk I would not take where my daughter is concerned." Mr. Perot accused the unidentified C.I.A. employee of being hired to tap into his computerized stock trading program to prevent him from having the money to revive his campaign.

I think Ross Perot would have done a much better job than ANY of the "good ol' boys" that we've gotten as Presidents since then. Again, Perot dropping out of the 1992 election was not happenstance, nor was it simply about his daughters wedding. He was likely threatened in some way that none of us can imagine. Why has he been so quiet, for the last 20+ years? Donald Trump will be no different, but, if he decides to run for President and he somehow wins, best case scenario, it will be Arnold Schwarzenegger or Ronald Reagan all over again.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Should trump get credit? Hell I don't know. NOW, I'm going to try out some logic here and hope I don't hurt myself.....

If I were an "evil corporation" and somebody threatened me with big expenses on exports, what would I do?

Hmmmmmm...you know, I think I'd probably just pass along the cost to Joe Blow down the street who I really don't give a real $h!+ about and let him absorb my newfound expense......

But what the hell do I know? Mega companies probably don't really operate like that since they use their moral compass and all.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
It is why Trump is good at leadership skills.Does not put up with the political correct behavoir and the nonsense of how jobs are lost or gained.
I think Trump would go into the Senate and Congress and demand them to fix the country or ELSE it is exeutive orders and would not play around.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Ford: Trump Didn’t Convince Us to Move to Ohio

After Donald Trump suggested Ford Motor Co. shifted work to a plant in Ohio from Mexico because of his “constant badgering,” the auto maker released a statement asserting that the Republican candidate played no role in the move. “We decided to move the F-650 and F-750 medium-duty trucks to Ohio Assembly in 2011,” the statement read, “long before any candidates announced their intention to run for U.S. president.”

Donald Trump erroneously takes credit for Ford shifting truck production from Mexico to Ohio

In 2011, his first year as governor, Kasich championed tax incentives that assisted the move, which is expected to preserve more than 1,000 jobs. Ford confirmed last year that it would soon shift the F-650 and F-750 models from Mexico to Avon Lake. The first trucks rolled off the assembly line in August to great fanfare.

Trump brags of making Ford return Ohio Jobs. Ford Disagrees

“Ford has not spoken with Mr. Trump, nor have we made any changes to our plans,” the company said in a statement. “We decided to move the F-650 and F-750 medium-duty trucks to Ohio Assembly in 2011, long before any candidates announced their intention to run for U.S. president.”

Trump campaign spokeswoman Hope Hicks said in an e-mail that he wasn’t taking credit, and that he was merely using the story of the factory to “reinforce the importance of this issue he discusses often.”

Ohio Governor John Kasich, who also is seeking the Republican nomination and backed tax breaks for the expansion in 2011, replied with a Twitter post of his own crediting his team’s efforts for helping land the investment.

“It’s not yelling at somebody across a room, ‘You’re fired’ or ‘You’re hired,’ ” Kasich told reporters after an event today in Columbus, a reference to Trump’s signature reality show phrase. “That’s not how you get things done in America.”

Here is who really deserves credit: the UAW.

Ford moves commercial truck production to Ohio from Mexico

"Our investment in Ohio Assembly Plant reinforces our commitment to building vehicles in America," said Joe Hinrichs, Ford's president of the Americas. "Working with our partners in the UAW, we found a way to make the costs competitive enough to bring production of a whole new generation of work trucks to Ohio."

The only thing Trump did was lie and grab credit that was not his.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

He hasn't done jack, opening your mouth isnt doing anything. Obama sure as hell helped many, he hasn't been great by any stretch but to act like this is better, when it isn't even solely trump, is sticking your head in the sand and to me on a party's side.

Yea he sure has helped me. I lost my health insurance because they cancelled it, then it went up 3 times if I wanted something similar back, and now I get fined every year because I can't afford it.

Obama has done a great job.

I'm not a fan of Trump, but this is definitely interesting.
edit on 27-10-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join