It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: Police Now Conducting Rights-Violating Black-Ops Missions to Write More Tickets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
I text and drive all the time. Its easy. I hand my phone to my son and tell him what to type.

That really is not texting and driving as being described in the Original Post.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I know. I was feeling like I needed to make a point. Since I am offended by this but, I consider it my responsibility to keep those in the car with me and around me as safe as I possibly can.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
Answer: divert ALL traffic citation revenue to the state's general fund. Problem solved.

This.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with programs that attempt to identify people performing unsafe driving behavior whether that's speeding or texting.

I do however have a problem with it being used for revenue generation. Every dollar collected from traffic citations should either goto the state rather than the police department, or be subtracted from the public taxes. Either gives the same result, but I don't like the idea of police departments generating their own revenue.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
...but I don't like the idea of police departments generating their own revenue.

It starts off nicely enough, but in the end, people are people, and it ends up being Officer Highwayman. Much like civil forfeiture. If the officer wasn't ever going to see any of it directly or indirectly, then he won't be motivated to make bs stops.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: Aazadan
...but I don't like the idea of police departments generating their own revenue.

It starts off nicely enough, but in the end, people are people, and it ends up being Officer Highwayman. Much like civil forfeiture. If the officer wasn't ever going to see any of it directly or indirectly, then he won't be motivated to make bs stops.

Quota's will motivate him even if he doesn't personally get a cut.

I'll say it again. The police should not be generating revenue, they should solely be a tax drain. If they're allowed to profit as a department, they begin to rob the people. Any money they collect should go directly to the state and be used to reduce the states revenue needs in the following year.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
2nd on the revenues thing.

How is looking at a GPS different than reading a map?

How about changing radio stations compared to playing the violin when driving...same difference.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
source: The Free Thought Project

snippet:

Dallas, TX — Three North Texas Police Departments have joined forces in a new and unscrupulous manner to generate revenue. Texting while driving is most certainly an irresponsible practice and should be shunned. However, the disgraceful lengths to which cops will go in the name of revenue collection are far more deplorable. When most people drive down the interstate, they reasonably assume that they are free from being spied on while inside their vehicles. And, until now, that was an accurate assumption. In a deafening blow to privacy, however, Texas police have begun clandestine operations to look into your vehicle as you drive down the road.

This a new low in my opinion. It is a spy program that looks down on every car truck or van that happens to share the same stretch of road with this spy bus system. I lived in the Dallas area for years and have many friends who live in the ares still today. I will be asking some of my friends there if they can capture some footage of this and will post it if I get any. ATSrs in the Dallas area see if you can spot these spy rigs when traveling.

From what I read about the US and its also common in other places, is that most state govts are in ever growing debt and desperate for money. It stands to reason that they will scrape the bottom of the barrel in an attempt to raise tax money. Govt are very keen to raise hidden tax as its more appealing to them than raising income and other taxes.

mind you, what they really should be doing is creating credit out of thin air just like banks do so they can give themselves all the money they need to provide all the goods and services the economy requires.

What do you think of a govt that does not reserve for itself and the nations people, the right to create its own money when they hand this right over to the banks?

CONFIRMED Loans & Mortgages are created out of thin air
edit on 27-10-2015 by Azureblue because: z

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
the bus they are using Has seat Belts.
and pasengers Must use seat belts !
so they are breaking the law by standing up.
and the driver should tell them to sit.
so ALL of then should be fined.
I am in UK so can not do this.
will one of you? as you have video evidence.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
So what about all them cops i see on the phone while driving? Some with their lights on, going full speed to the donut shop or a crime scene with their cell phone squarely in their ear.

Why are they exempt from the same laws that we are bound to. It's the double standard coming out again.

I have seen the same with ambulance drivers and fire trucks. All on the damned phone while speeding. Why aren't they using their radios to conduct official business? I guess it's because everyone hears what a cop says on the radio, yet a cellphone is only herd by the NSA, the person dialed and the caller.

I say that the same laws we are to abide by, applies to to them too - on duty or off duty.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

E2
edit on 10-11-2015 by EyesII because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: EyesII
I have seen the same with ambulance drivers and fire trucks. All on the damned phone while speeding. Why aren't they using their radios to conduct official business? I guess it's because everyone hears what a cop says on the radio, yet a cellphone is only herd by the NSA, the person dialed and the caller.

For ambulance drivers, they often have a direct number to the local ERs and occasionally call in report to the charge nurse, especially if it's complicated or they're out of good radio range. For fire/rescue, not all personnel have radios wherever they are, so if they need to call supervisory personnel they may have to use a cell.

For cops, it's to keep the conversation off the record, because the radio traffic is recorded at the cop station. So if they shoot a poodle, they're not going to discuss their latest trophy kill on the recorded line.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
If you don't keep your eyes on the road, the rest of you soon will be.

Also not so 'black ops' after they do a public news story about it.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

but it amounts to setting precedent in the cities that effect folks in the country Im sure in the city its an issue. Around here, not so much. Unreasonable search and seizure is just that.

it's not unreasonable when your on a public road. a new study has shown that even after you stop using a hands free device your distracted for i forget how many seconds, which doesn't require you to take your eyes or concentration off the road for nearly the amount of time that texting does.

edit on 10-11-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join