It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: Police Now Conducting Rights-Violating Black-Ops Missions to Write More Tickets

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
source: The Free Thought Project

snippet:

Dallas, TX — Three North Texas Police Departments have joined forces in a new and unscrupulous manner to generate revenue. Texting while driving is most certainly an irresponsible practice and should be shunned. However, the disgraceful lengths to which cops will go in the name of revenue collection are far more deplorable. When most people drive down the interstate, they reasonably assume that they are free from being spied on while inside their vehicles. And, until now, that was an accurate assumption. In a deafening blow to privacy, however, Texas police have begun clandestine operations to look into your vehicle as you drive down the road.

This a new low in my opinion. It is a spy program that looks down on every car truck or van that happens to share the same stretch of road with this spy bus system. I lived in the Dallas area for years and have many friends who live in the ares still today. I will be asking some of my friends there if they can capture some footage of this and will post it if I get any. ATSrs in the Dallas area see if you can spot these spy rigs when traveling.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This will continue until the cases go in front of judge that throw them out as rights violations. There needs to be a movement in this country all right. It simply needs to be in the judicial system.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The darkest window tint that's legal should defeat the spy efforts.

Although it shouldn't have to come to that. This is just another blatant violation of the 4th amendment. I wonder how many more times the 4th can be violated before the masses rise up.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

In the video the officer says it's not about writing tickets but changing behaviors. Then later in the segment they mention how I think they said they wrote 86 violations on it's maiden run. That is a lot of ticket revenue those departments brought in. So it is a fund raiser just like those DUI checkpoints. Kind of a rolling checkpoint I guess.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
its all about generating revenue under the guise of safety which is complete bs.

that being said I am so tired of seeing people on their damm phones while driving. Whenever you see someone leaving their lane or going 25 in a damm 45 or just driving like an idiot, and pass them they are always looking at their effing phone, every time.

I think its more dangerous than drinking and driving because you take your eyes off the road.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
a reply to: EternalSolace

In the video the officer says it's not about writing tickets but changing behaviors. Then later in the segment they mention how I think they said they wrote 86 violations on it's maiden run. That is a lot of ticket revenue those departments brought in. So it is a fund raiser just like those DUI checkpoints. Kind of a rolling checkpoint I guess.

Yep, we're going to see more and more of efforts like this. Those of us who can avoid driving anywhere near or in the Metro areas. There are alternative work arounds.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Oh the drama. Black ops?

Hey, anything that gets them to or helps them enforce the laws on texting and driving, I'm all for.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
What is the difference if it is a cop in a unmarked car or a bus?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Black-ops is a little exaggerated. Every department will do it eventually whenever they get enough money to invest in the tech.

Anyway, if you want to talk about REAL black-ops, anyway want a sandwich?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Right with you. Texting while driving should not only be a ticketable offence but a couple days in jail to let it sink in to the offenders that the habit is as bad, for driving skills, as being drunk while behind the wheel.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Right? I definitely don't agree with the whole jail thing.

I do agree with the FBI throwing you guys in jail though.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

but it amounts to setting precedent in the cities that effect folks in the country

Im sure in the city its an issue. Around here, not so much.

Unreasonable search and seizure is just that.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
This will continue until the cases go in front of judge that throw them out as rights violations.

So you think your rights are being violated because you cannot text and drive... How stupid is that!

Think of it as a tax on stupid - as only stupid people text and drive!

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
afaik, in my state it's ok to talk on the phone, but not ok to text. If I was hauled-in for txting, likely it would just be a mistake, if I was simply ~dialing my phone~.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
FIrst off,"Black Ops" is one hell of a stretch and a massive misappropriation of the terminology.

Secondly, when consumer grade cell phones became a common thing, I seem to remember it was a ticketable offense in Texas to be caught just talking on your phone without use of a headset while operating a vehicle.

Seeing as how texting takes even more attention away from the visual line of the road and the reality of traffic (not to mention the surge in text-related accidents and deaths over the past couple of years) I'm not at all surprised they're upping the ante on unsafe driving practices.

Don't YOLO...scooping your brains off the concrete isn't as much fun as you think it might be.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MontukKraken

Black-Ops was in the title and was mentioned in the video. Not my words and I agree with you but what can I say. Their words.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Answer: divert ALL traffic citation revenue to the state's general fund. Problem solved.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I hate cellphone drivers just as much as most anyone else does. However, appears to be stretching the bounds of privacy. All because of the unruly drivers who won't list. Right, I'm ready to buy that bridge. Maybe the
NYPD X-ray Vans can be more useful?

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
afaik, in my state it's ok to talk on the phone, but not ok to text. If I was hauled-in for txting, likely it would just be a mistake, if I was simply ~dialing my phone~.

This was a major issue in MD when navigation first became available on mobile devices.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I personally think my rights are violated when I drive in areas that use facial reconition. I think my rights are violated when I drive in areas that automatically run tags.

Go kick rocks if you don't agree. I text and drive all the time. Its easy. I hand my phone to my son and tell him what to type. Better than text to speech any day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join