It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power Struggle in Saudi Arabia - Sons of former Monarch move to oust King Salman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

www.independent.co.uk... he-a6706801.html

Eight of the 12 surviving sons of Saudi Arabia’s founding monarch are supporting a move to oust King Salman, 79, the country’s ailing ruler, and replace him with his 73-year-old brother, according to a dissident prince.The prince also claims that a clear majority of the country’s powerful Islamic clerics, known as the Ulama, would back a palace coup to oust the current King and install Prince Ahmed bin Abdulaziz, a former Interior Minister, in his place. “The Ulama and religious people prefer Prince Ahmed – not all of them, but 75 per cent,” said the prince, himself a grandson of King Ibn Saud, who founded the ruling dynasty in 1932.

I think the good times for the Saudi's are over, they are feeling their fare share of misery.First the IMF report where Saudi's will be broke in 5 years if the trend continues.Then their disastrous war in Yemen where Saudi's are loosing men and materials. Low oil prices which is causing enough problems to the economy.

So much going on in the world these days, makes me feel we are witness history unfold. The old world structure falling while new powers rise from the ashes.Now we wait and see if the old world falls silently or they go out with a bang.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
The cycle continues. In order for new powers to rise the old ones must fall. Saudi Arabia will be one of thousands of dead civilizations. Someone else will take their place.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
The Petro-Dollar is dead; Long live the Petro-Dollar!

Precious metals and currency backed by commodities is the new lay of the land.

The NEWZ will be reported slowly and in a quiet manner however, this is already done and the house of Saud will be lucky to have a place in France as refuge when the truth is out....
edit on 24-10-2015 by notmyrealname because: tense

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
The house of Saud are nothing but a bunch of pedophiles with too much power and not enough brains. I look at them no differently than I do ISIS inasfar that I hope it ends painfully for all of them in a mass shoot-out down to the very last of them.

Their princes roam the planet indulging in all forms of lust, pedophilia and wanton western desires in complete hypocrisy to what they preach to the SA public.

If there is a hell, the House of Saud surely has a special place in it awaiting them.

All Islamic extremism stems from the nest known as Saudi Arabia - that is their gift to the world.

That, and oil......that's why the corporate oligarchies that control the US government have propped them up for so long.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Let Saudi burn as far as I am concerned.

The people live like it is the middle ages and behead 'criminals' in public squares. They sponsor terrorism and hardline Wahabi Islam.

If anything goes wrong in there - leave 'em to it. No more western intervention in the Middle East ever again.

ETA, here is a good description of how America's mate in the ME really runs

edit on 24-10-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
so what will this mean if coup succesful? A more aggresive Saudi arabia in Syria and Yemen? Pls noo

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe it's time to revisit the predictions in this thread? It doesn't look like the Saudis are going to get their act together, and a house divided cannot stand. This with the Shi'a rebel forces just on their southern border in Yemen.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
blowback from all their Sunni-backed terrorism in the ME, especially ISIS, someone in SA has to pay the price.

new topics

top topics

join