It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too many ATS forums are dead. You should combine them all into one

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Or perhaps just a few, but definitely less than the 100 or so you have now. Each one gets maybe 1 or 2 posts in it per day. Very dead. I have other suggestions to improve the site.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: HorusChrist
I always go straight to the "Recent Posts" page to see what is currently active, so the number of forums doesn't have any impact on my usage of the site.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Have no fear, hit the link below, and behold consolidated wisdom in all it's glory.......
ATS's top contributor

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft
Where were you on April 1st? Nobody did one of those this year.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
I always go straight to the "Recent Posts" page to see what is currently active, so the number of forums doesn't have any impact on my usage of the site.

that's a good idea I suppose but just get rid of all the forums and have one page that shows recent posts like you say.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I just click the live button. See whats hot and jump in.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I clicked the link and it scared me.

I think a lot of the sections have potential to be use, but many can be combined so that there is less confusion on where to place your topics.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Lol, good one.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Have no fear, hit the link below, and behold consolidated wisdom in all it's glory.......
ATS's top contributor

hahaha

Veeeery clever!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

ATS's top contributor

Who knew it would be me....I am honored...Thanks....I thought for sure the link would be your greatest hits page!

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadCat

I clicked the link and it scared me.

I think a lot of the sections have potential to be use, but many can be combined so that there is less confusion on where to place your topics.
yep, having too many subforums is the death knell of many past forums . . . it is an illusion that makes the forums look dead, which you don't want. Just something for the owners of this to think of . . .

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
We're always very happy to see suggestions from members.

There have been many occasions where features or even new forums that were requested have been implemented.

Feedback is always helpful.

Please feel free to reach out with your ideas by clicking the "Contact ATS" at the bottom of the page which sends an email to the executive staff.

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

From the about ATS page...(at the time of copying for this post)

AboveTopSecret.com is the Internet's largest and most popular discussion board community dedicated to the intelligent exchange of ideas and debate on a wide range of "alternative topics" such as conspiracies, UFO's, paranormal, secret societies, political scandals, new world order, terrorism, and dozens of related topics on current events, politics, and government wrong-doing with poignant commentary from a diverse mix of users from all over the world.

With 309,685 members generating 19,258,665 posts of substance (minimal contributions are not allowed) that cover 1,054,473 topics in 170 different discussion forums, you could say "the truth is in here."

And new content, new ideas, new speculation, and new theories are being generating at an astounding pace with 1,813 members creating 22,525 new posts during the past seven days. Also, in that same time span, we welcomed 208 new members and enjoyed visits from 4,716 registered members as well as 556,488 guests.

Seems to me that the numbers don't lie...granted there are probably a few forums that aren't as popular as others...but...the minute they start removing them...there will be someone else that comes along and posts in this forum with something along the lines of "Why is there no [insert forum name here] on this site?" or "There should be a [insert forum name here]!".

"The owners" have been at this quite awhile and as much as I appreciate clean and tidy...I also subscribe to the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" group as a whole.
edit on 10/23/2015 by UberL33t because: coding

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: UberL33t

Very true. In the last couple years we added two forums specifically because of popular demand - Automotive Discussion and Pets - neither of which are among the most heavily used forums, but we responded to member requests and people were happy.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: HorusChrist
having too many subforums is the death knell of many past forums

That's typically the case of new or young discussion boards that try to create way too many topical silos too early.

Back on September 15th of 2001, we only had nine forums...

By May of 2004, we had 34 forums...

Today we have over 100 forums to properly categorize over 6 million pages of content. Yeah, that's right, last month, the total number of pages that comprise ATS passed the 6 million mark. And if someone were to print all that out on 8.5x11 paper, you need nearly 50 million pages.

Some of our forums are bigger, all on their own, than many other discussion boards online.
edit on 23-10-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
if it's not broke, don't fix it.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Djarums
a reply to: UberL33t

Very true. In the last couple years we added two forums specifically because of popular demand - Automotive Discussion and Pets - neither of which are among the most heavily used forums, but we responded to member requests and people were happy.

This.

I've also wanted a Finance or Economics forum (did you slip one in while I wasn't looking?) and others have good suggestions for forums. I like the forums provided here and even if some are slow, they are all being used. If anything more, not less, forums!

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Thought you were singling me out lol.

I know my stuff isnt top quality but damn

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

How do you do that???

Consolidating forums would be moving backwards....we have 'em cause people use them.
edit on 23-10-2015 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join