It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin: No need to distinguish between ‘moderate’ & other terrorists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I don't see Putin as the "Knight in shining armor" kind, but I do see escalating tensions between the Russia and US over Syria.

It's the daily news, that is filled with accuses coming from each side, that it seems sooner or later, words are bound to become actions.

Generally, my intention of posting such information is also to highlight some truth in his sentiments, about the US dealings with terrorist groups, and also to point out the divided stance between Russia and US on the Syrian Crisis.

Unlike the cold war era, the two nations are of course fighting proxy wars in Syria, an they've been at it in MSM accusing each other to gain the morale high ground.

It's that escalating tensions that I pay much attention to, as anything can materialize out of accuses sooner or later.

ok this completely slipped through

is exactly what I wanted to hear .. I don't know how I missed this

so yeah then
my further would be if you see a way this can be fixed .. what would you suggest ( lets pretend we can) cause I am stucked on that bit
or what can you see happening only if you have something in your mind would be sweet to hear

what I see is here you bring something here info what ever share to show a different point of view is just not heard as it is meant to be heard
edit on 22-10-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

EDIT: thank you for your reply I just read it.. yes it is why I am asking you because I do truly trust that you are genuine with your intentions and unbiased we share the same position.. 3rd uninvolved point of view .. is not something many people believe .. I do

edit on 22-10-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Being in the military makes you privy to everything? I know you don't believe that crap, you know damn well even a general don't know near all that goes on at all our bases, especially when scumbags like the CIA and NSA got their hands in.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

No matter what anyone's opinions are. Putin is what a real leader looks and speaks like.

We haven't had anything but puppets spewing propaganda since Kenedy.

We need a real president. One who speaks the truth and does what he/she says they are going to do. I am tired of blatant liars running this country.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly

so yeah then
my further would be if you see a way this can be fixed .. what would you suggest ( lets pretend we can) cause I am stucked on that bit
or what can you see happening only if you have something in your mind would be sweet to hear

My views, on this is simple, information is power. That's the point of main stream media, spewing lies to push forth their agenda to create wars. We maybe lone wolves on this, but the more we expose the lies the more people become informed and eventually resist support such wars on either side of the coin.

And hopefully, if enough people are aware then, we might just pressure our governments to stop this madness that we are currently witnessing.

But again a part of me tells me, this is all but a time of change. It's not just rumors of wars, but the climates are also acting up as well depends on where you are on this globe.

I hope I didn't stray too far from the topic at hand, but I believe that's a general outlook on the issue at hand.

Peace

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Well like I've responded to you before the "truth" is being blurred between two very powerful nations. Why do i have to choose a truth between two powerful nations with an obvious agenda. All i see are two bullies on the playground and the Syrian people in the middle

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Well like I've responded to you before the "truth" is being blurred between two very powerful nations. Why do i have to choose a truth between two powerful nations with an obvious agenda. All i see are two bullies on the playground and the Syrian people in the middle

That's the truth, your right about that...Two bullies with an agenda..that's what people need to understand...

Cheers

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

So if they manage to make a nuclear shield good enough to take out incoming nukes, they could start a nuclear war since those missiles shot from the other side would be taken out..
In any case the US would go crazy if Russia would make a nuclear shield for sure for lets say in Cuba and other places and would not allow it.

So why make a shield close to Russia borders, why make relations worse with for example sanctions (trying to destroy their economy), military exercises and you name it.. and not expect any consequences. Old power games, we have had enough of those and it never helps and you shouldn't try them with Putin.. most leaders would back down, Russia not likely.

Sanctions any nation (trying to crush their economy's) who does things which the US not likes... why even should any nation have that power and do so? Russia's spends about 50 billion on defense, the US about 620 billion/year and having overseas bases everywhere on the globe. So Russia knows, it can't compete in military strength.. and well with Putin you just don't know, he might even choose a nuclear option when pushed enough.. sure he said himself that would never happen but I'm not so sure when for example their economy really collapses and or when their planes above Syria get shot down by the US or SA. And many stuff that may happen in the near future, thing can get from worse to way worse pretty fast..

And Europe as Putin said is just a US vassal state (following their foreign policy).

So now we again have this situation where it could happen again, a nuclear global war... good job!

edit on 23-10-2015 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

The sanctions were placed on Russia because they annexed Crimea............ People forget pretty quickly about Ukraine.

I mean rabble rabble Putin god, putin great, putin is doing this for the people of Syria, Putin is doing this to get rid of terrorists, putin has no agenda, putins heart is pure gold.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Being in the military makes you privy to everything? I know you don't believe that crap, you know damn well even a general don't know near all that goes on at all our bases, especially when scumbags like the CIA and NSA got their hands in.

Ok you can get snarky, or prove me wrong

I'll hold my breath

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Well, basically there's people who support Assad and there's everyone else. People who think that moderates who are fighting a brutal and vile dictator that is Assad and his regime can be placed in the same bucket as groups like ISIS have lost the plot.

Don't forget that tis all kicked off when Assad's regime ordered the shooting of protesters.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Russia should be careful with the word game before it blows up in their face in Ukraine since they are the terrorists there.

O dear you really are have trouble peddling the government's line in Syria.

You cant even adress the points, just bring in a separate issue to deflect!

It like me useing Iraq to critize US foreign policy with China........to entirely diffrent world treaters (though to add I dont critize US foreign policy with China).

Sorry but the US government lost in Syria. You got caught with your hand in the cookie jar like putin did in Ukraine.

Score is 1-1
edit on 23-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

We could have just as easily went in bombing Assads army like Russia is bombing the FSA. I mean you're really making an invalid point. The UN(Russias vote) voted no so the arms started rolling in to help fight him instead.........
edit on 23-10-2015 by Crumbles because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

The US did not invade Syria where as Russia invaded Ukraine. So no the US did not get caught with its hand in the cookie jar where as Russia got caught trying to take the whole jar back to Russia.

The US has tried to work above board in Syria and Russia has blocked every road; just like they have done in Ukraine.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles

We could have just as easily went in bombing Assads army like Russia is bombing the FSA. I mean you're really making an invalid point. The UN(Russias vote) voted no so the arms started rolling in to help fight him instead.........

What invalid point am I makeing?

The USA cocked up badly in Syria = Fact

Us arms ended up in hands of vile terrorist groups = Fact

US actions have done nothing to stabilise Syria or bring peace =Fact

USA can not doing anything more in Syria except causemore problems = Fact

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
The USA cocked up badly in Syria = Fact

Russia blocked all UN resolutions dealing with Syria and Assad so it would be Russia who cocked it up and not the US. Secondly the US is not the only country sending weapons. Something you and others really need to learn as you apparently seem to think the US is the only country on this planet.
edit on 23-10-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Russia didn't drop bombs on Crimea - without shooting 1 bullet or killing anyone it's back in Russia's control.

Russia is allowed to drop bombs in Syria from the elected president (Assad), the US isn't but just do as she wishes, let alone other country's like Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya.

link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The US did not invade Syria where as Russia invaded Ukraine. So no the US did not get caught with its hand in the cookie jar where as Russia got caught trying to take the whole jar back to Russia.

The US has tried to work above board in Syria and Russia has blocked every road; just like they have done in Ukraine.

The USA and my own country have done NOTHING but make the situation in Syria worse.

The US has been called out in Syria. The US has no moral high ground in Syria any more than Russia has in Ukraine.

Drop it lord shilly of shillington hall. The USA has lost any or all credibility when it comes to syria. Your fighting a losing propaganda battle here. The US actions in syria are indefensible.

Trying to bring Ukraine into a topic to deflect attention away from the US royal cock up it Syria wont work, at least with me.

As far as moral high ground and cock ups go the score stands at 1:1 between the US and Russia.

Of couse lets not bring in illegal invasions into this......thats another area the USA and UK really should not get on a soap box about. .........Iraq!

edit on 23-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

link   

As Mr.Parafi pointed out Assad ordering the death of Syrian citizens protesting caused all the problems. The easy answers were thrown off the table when Russia voted no to end the bloodshes years ago. This could have been over, and the free Syrian people could have had their country.

It's amazing though one veto from Mr. Assads butt pal changed that.
edit on 23-10-2015 by Crumbles because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

@Ukraine
LOL ok... Do some more research and get back to us. People died during Russias invasion and are still being killed in E. Ukraine by Russian forces.

We are seeing the same thing in syria with Russia conveniently lying about the number of ISIS being killed. They are also lying about the number of Syrian civilians Russia has killed as well.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

So we are responsible because we didn't act and we are responsible because we did act.

What has the US been called out on? It was not a secret that we were supporting forces opposed to Assad a few years into the civil war. By all means what actions are you referring to as indefensible?

As for my Ukraine comment I find it funny how quickly the pro russians try to justify their spin, something you guys constantly accuse others of doing.

Russia was the cock up when it blocked everything dealing with Syria at the UN. You are quiet on that which is telling yet not surprising.

Illegal invasions - Ukraine.

You done now?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join