It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin: No need to distinguish between ‘moderate’ & other terrorists

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

All we are doing is going backward and forward.

I have clearly stated why I think the USA and your proposed method of dealing with Syria are flawed.
I have stated why I think it would not work.

Our opinions on this matter clearly wont ever align.

And no its not just because its the USA that I disagree, I have clearly stated my reasons that I just dont think removeing Assad was ever going to work. I am not against US policy in the Pacific. Thats does not mean I agree with US fore6 policy in the ME. I find it inconsistent and full of holes.

That is my opinion and one you wont change.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: crazyewok
And you remove assad then what?

Maybe read the remainder of my posts (this one) for starters?

The Syrian people don't seem to agree. Why not remove Assad and occupy the country and let the Syrian people decide their own fate? When I say remove I am speaking of all countries, the US and Russia. There is no reason they cant work together to protect civilians.

Still does not answer my question.

You remove assad then what?

There is no united opposition to place the government under.

And you would be a fool to think they will just solve there leadership crisis with elections.

You remove assad and the rebels will just fracture even more and the war will just roll on.
Andbyou get another ME quagmire .

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

You didnt read my post I linked you to or the part I quoted to you. It does in fact answer the question.
edit on 23-10-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

You do not have opposition on Syria, you only have terrorists backed by the west. It's exactly the same scenario we have had in Libya, and look at that country now. They have three official governments in three different cities, and whichever tribe takes control over any town, they declare themselves as the official government. But hey, at least the dictator that was violating civil rights is gone, right?

How come people forget that the number one excuse for any conflict in the 21 century has been alleged violation of civil rights.

From Iraq to Syria now.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

And you remove assad then what?

Maybe read the remainder of my posts (this one) for starters?

The Syrian people don't seem to agree. Why not remove Assad and occupy the country and let the Syrian people decide their own fate? When I say remove I am speaking of all countries, the US and Russia. There is no reason they cant work together to protect civilians.

Still does not answer my question.

You remove assad then what?

There is no united opposition to place the government under.

And you would be a fool to think they will just solve there leadership crisis with elections.

You remove assad and the rebels will just fracture even more and the war will just roll on.
Andbyou get another ME quagmire .

Heres a better idea remove the terrorists and thats it, stop this stupid proxy war.
Stop giving terrorists weapons and aid with the peoples tax money, government is supposed to work for the people not for the terrorists. I dont know a single person in America that thinks we should be funding a proxy war rather than using our wealth to make our country a better place.

As to the threads title its true there is no need to distinguish between the 1000 different rebel merc terrorist groups, because they are all just a bunch of terrorists if they arent working with the government.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Then one can argue the current Assad government are in fact terrorists since no distinction is needed. Had assad not started killing his own people we would not be where we are now.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Keep telling yourself that.

And Iraq is using chemical weapons, right? I mean, you've got pictures of it?

What do you mean it's not true?

You are not being objective at all, I do not understand why are you trying to justify western actions in almost any situation, when it's not possible.

Want a funny fact? The western actions in Syria in the past years counts to 6 days of bombing. Just six. Interesting, don't you think?
edit on 23-10-2015 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Then one can argue the current Assad government are in fact terrorists since no distinction is needed. Had assad not started killing his own people we would not be where we are now.

So lemme get this straight your saying that because the terrorists are terrorists the government is a terrorist because terrorist governments kill thier own people? Wouldnt you be saying that all governments are terrorists then because all governments kill thier own people? Do you consider the known terrorist factions terrorists at all? I do because thats what they are a bunch of terrorists. The list of thier attrocities goes on and on, dont you agree that they need to be wiped from the face of the earth, or in the very least wiped out and sent retreating scattered never again to commit terrorism?
edit on 23-10-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask
So you're in denial of the Wests involvement in destabilising the region,
Take care that your blinkers don't fall off, the light may hurt

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
You are not being objective at all, I do not understand why are you trying to justify western actions in almost any situation, when it's not possible.

Of all people on this site you are the last to be lecturing people on not being objective while trying to justify the actions of dictators who kill their own citizens.

By all means though prove me wrong.

Is Assad a good man who cares for his people and has he killed them extrajudicialy?
What about Putin?

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I think Assad has been killing his own citizens for years and has increased that task during the civil war. He is using the war as an excuse to kill his own people to show them a lesson on what happens if you dont tow the assad party line. You get killed with Russias help.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Because western propaganda says so? Sure Russia may have propaganda as well but the west surely also have and is very often 1 sided.

That you really believe that says something (almost without doubt), that you take really everything western media shows.

Of course you believed without a doubt when they said Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and of course you supported these wars right away..

I mean Hitler would have loved having you in his ranks, doing anything he would tell you and you would do anything without Q.
The Germans where very patriotic and they all thought the same.. so you see thinking the same is true Nazism and that's really dangerous.

In fact the US power is so big now, much bigger then Nazi Germany was and in control in many world institutions. When Germany started wars others stepped in, nobody really steps in with US/western wars.. they can do what they want, start wars, sanction any country and crush them if not economical then with bombs later all in the name of freedom and democracy.

edit on 23-10-2015 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

You didn't read my post I linked you to or the part I quoted to you. It does in fact answer the question.

I did. I just dont exactly think it would work.

Just my opinion I am entitled to have in a free country.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I think Assad has been killing his own citizens for years and has increased that task during the civil war. He is using the war as an excuse to kill his own people to show them a lesson on what happens if you dont tow the assad party line. You get killed with Russias help.

And Saudi Arabia do the EXACT same thing . They brutalize, kill, torture and outright fund terrorism.

Yet you ignore them.Where is your outage? If you think Assad should be removed then you should want House Saudi removed too?

Or are good little terrorists that tow the US/UK line?

edit on 23-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pluginn

Because western propaganda says so?

No because the UN has the documentation. Good thing the Russians keep blocking it eh?

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

But be honest you don't really like the UN do you? I know your kind (at least I think), but still you take anything that comes from the UN?

Who writes UN opinions/conclusions? Russia also belongs to the UN. Still we have UN opinions, sure made up of some sort of commission who writes stuff like that.. who says that's not 1 sided, that country's with the most power have the biggest influence and can push their agenda's/dictate their wills or even corruption.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I see our resident government spokesman has gone quiet at the mention of Saudi Arabia. ......

Hard to defend removeing assad for being a tyrant while our own countrys prob up a whole house of tyrants....

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

thank you for your reply I do like the addition to the bigger picture of yours

it's boiling here I can't read the rest just already know who said what .. in some moments it sounds almost like a broken record

Only thought coming to mind...

A real man will be honest no matter how painful the truth is ..

is hard to catch up on members thoughts from past just too much data.. normally I woul read through your past threads is just out of my capacity right at this moment .. so I ll keep up from now on
wishing you beautiful morning.. much respect
by all means .. hope you have the energy to continue your thoughts here will be interesting read for sure
edit on 23-10-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

In other words OP. anyone who does not support great leader in syria terrorist or not will be killed. Notice i said or not.
Implying political opponents as well as political prisoners or anyone who disafrees with Assad are also being tossed in with the same group. Russia getting paid to be mercs.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

In other words OP. anyone who does not support great leader in syria terrorist or not will be killed. Notice i said or not.
Implying political opponents as well as political prisoners or anyone who disafrees with Assad are also being tossed in with the same group. Russia getting paid to be mercs.

I think that about sums it up your either for or against the terrorists. I am against them.

edit on 23-10-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join