It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Coexist" bumper sticker. Yeah you know exactly what I'm talking about.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Let's be honest; if something as trivial as a bumber sticker causes you to change your ways, you better stay the hell away from a TV or tabloid. You're practically clay ready for moulding if you're that malleable.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: frostie
a reply to: eriktheawful

It must not have infected your area yet. Just wait. Just wait.

Oh I've seen them here where I live.

:shrug:

US Constitution, First Amendment

I'm more worried about how their driving so I don't hit them with my car.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
The point, from my point of view, is for the person reading it to look at the areas represented, and determine if making yourself miserable by being an intolerant, hateful, bigoted jackass all around is worth living like that.
No? Cool, you got the point of the message -- live & let live. It means "to go on your merry way", not "STHU so I can force-feed you my religious drivel, worm!" There's always room for religious criticism & debate. To coexist with other religions means exactly that, to exist alongside, not pander to or submit to.

The hostility the bumper sticker gets seems to boil down to one simple distinction -- not enough brain cells colliding together to understand it.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I agree with you, OP. When I see that crappy sticker on someone's car I instantly know the owner is likely to be a Looney toon. That sticker and Obama stickers make me want to key their car.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I always thought it was a nice sentiment. Just try to be tolerant. Oh Well.

But I also had a magnet on the back of my car that said " I know why animals eat their young"

My sons threw it away.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I love the funny spoof bumber stickers.

I've seen a bunch of "nobody gives a s# about your stick family"

Just found this LOL

edit on 22-10-2015 by frostie because: Pic

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
a reply to: frostie

I had to laugh, funny. And i agree, too much of the 'gotta tolerate everyone's damn religion' because if you don't you're a racist.

No, it's about a grander line of thought than "I'm right and everyone else is wrong". It's as simple as believing that everyone "live and let live" rather than all the fighting, killing, arguing, etc.

In it's simplest definition, the coexist bumper sticker is simply "don't be an asshole".

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I agree with you, OP. When I see that crappy sticker on someone's car I instantly know the owner is likely to be a Looney toon. That sticker and Obama stickers make me want to key their car.

Yeah! Because screw everyone who isn't exactly like me!

edit on 22-10-2015 by usernameconspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Yeah! Because screw everyone who isn't exactly like me!
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

If more people would take that sentence literally, They would probably be happier to "Coexist".

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me how such trivial insignificant things can irritate and get under the skin of so many people ?

Meanwhile... the world burns under an inferno of neverending struggles and problems that touches each and every one of us on a daily basis. So why would anyone want to add even more headaches to the mix unnecessarily ?!

I think my grandpappy said it best:

"Don't sweat the small stuff, you'll live longer."

Wise words indeed.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Ha. It's called a rant for a reason buddy.

So many people take this forum so literally and seriously.

Did you miss the funny context of the OP?

It was intended as a joke and most people got that. I guess I should've added more puns.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

I'm sure there have been at least a few awkward situations where junior wants to know if that family really does have a pet T-rex...

edit on 23-10-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I was walking to the local bar when I was lucky enough to see this nice version of the sticker. It made my day, enjoy!!

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Awesome!!! 2nd.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join