It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drunk Indiana Man Savagely Attacks Muslim Woman in Front of Child While Screaming "White Power!"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
[staff edit: off topic material removed]

CNN - Police: Indiana University student charged in attack on Muslim woman

(CNN)An Indiana University student was arrested over the weekend after police say he attacked a Muslim woman, yelling racially charged comments at her and trying to remove her headscarf.

Police on Monday did not identify the woman, but said that she had been dining in a Bloomington, Indiana, restaurant's outdoor seating area Saturday night with her 9-year-old daughter when she was approached by 19-year-old Triceten Bickford. Police said the woman claimed Bickford was yelling things like "white power," "kill the police" and derogatory statements about black people.

Police said Bickford squeezed her neck and began forcing her head down toward a table, and tried to remove the scarf covering her head.

The woman's husband and a passerby helped restrain Bickford until police arrived. The woman complained of pain in her neck but didn't require medical condition, according to CNN affiliate WTHR.

Additional details from ABC include that Bickford spit on the husband and Samaritan and threatened to kill them and that he was later released on $705 bond. Bickford apologized in a local TV interview claiming that he had no recollection of the attack.
edit on 2015-10-20 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Oct 21 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Too much politics. Too much race. Too much religion.

We're all human beings.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
But but but, fox told me only muslims are bad, it cant be true, heS probably a good christian boy trying to save amerika.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
See, FOX news propaganda works.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Not surprised. The majority of the victims of Islamophobia attacks are Muslim women. It's one of the reasons I wear my crescent moon. I'd rather the bigots come at me than attack our women (which not surprisingly, they haven't done yet).

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
What a pity, he couldn't die while being arrested.
I think we can afford me this tiouch of bad thinking.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

What an idiot. He is lucky the cops didn't beat him to a pulp (let alone the husband and other guy restraining him).

He BIT an officer! I am surprised he still has his front teeth.

abcnews.go.com...

The woman was sitting at a table with her 9-year-old daughter when a man emerged from a nearby alley shouting racial slurs, as well as "white power" and "kill the police." According to the affidavit, the man grabbed the woman by the neck and forced her head onto the table, restricting her breathing while trying to remove her headscarf. The woman's husband and a passer-by dragged him off and restrained him on the sidewalk until police arrived.

The man spit in the faces of the husband and passers-by, threatened to kill them and arriving officers, tried to kick out the windows of a patrol car and bit an officer on the calf at the Monroe County Jail, the affidavit says.

edit on 20-10-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The way people here go on about them, he's lucky the cops didn't execute him outright and then shoot two or three more people while they were at it.

Drunken @ssh*les will be drunken @ssh*les and it brings out the worst of you in most cases.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Drunk people spout what they really think, so better this way then hiding it.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Articles say he is 19.

Not old enough to legally drink as well. How freeking stupid would you have to be to do this kind of crap. When we were underage drinking (and we did that a lot), we were scared #less to get negative attention and get police interaction and get busted and charged (then fined).

Well, answer... to stupid to drink... ever.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The way people here go on about them, he's lucky the cops didn't execute him outright and then shoot two or three more people while they were at it.

Drunken @ssh*les will be drunken @ssh*les and it brings out the worst of you in most cases.

Well, I am not a police fan when they are wrong. But this guy deserved the: Oh, you like to pick on women and little girls..... here, we got something for you.....

But then someone spitting and biting.... they are really begging to get the nightstick (as soon as they are out of camera range).

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
His superstitions, religions, and ideals had nothing to do with it.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I PROIMISE YOU ,no one will protest his demise because of race...

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
"he had no recollection of the attack" Ya, OK, suuuure.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

gotta be a moron to protest against his demise(whatever he is), unless of course they think what he did was right? maybe some do

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Most of the people I knew who went underage drinking and even myself although I started late, were smart enough not to get caught at it, but rural communities have lots of wide open places to hold keggers at where the stupid can be burned off in someone's wheat field.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
A drunk and stupid college student....and we take him seriously?

Nope.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
For some reason I feel the need to let it be known where I’m coming from (where my head’s at) as a quick prelude to my comments on the OP. I’ve been called many things before by ATS posters, and I can proudly state that not once have I ever been accused of being “right wing” or anything close to it. If you’ve read any of my other posts it should be obvious my leftie credentials are fairly solid. I’ve been a liberal all my life, and can’t see how that will ever change.

That being said, I’ve gotta admit this article struck me in an uneasy way. This sort of behavior typically makes my blood boil, and I have no mercy on the fascist pig that perpetrated the criminal act. In this particular case, though, I have mixed feelings. I’ll try to explain.

First, I think this kid (he is a kid) needs to pay the price for his horrific behavior. He committed an abominable, hurtful, racist act, and he should not be allowed to skate on it. He must take responsibility and feel the pain he has caused. It’s things like this that sometimes make me feel ashamed to be an American.

Secondly, and here’s where I’m torn, I kinda feel for the kid (once again, he is a kid). From the video I get the sense that this may not be normal behavior for this guy. He didn’t seem to be of the stereotypical right wing, skinhead, racist, militia group kind of mentality/mindset. In the video interview he even got choked up at one point, and it looked sincere to me. He’s been kicked out of school, and now must face felony charges.

IDK about anyone else here, but when I was this kid’s age there were a couple times I got so smashed I had a blackout and later couldn’t remember a thing I did. It’s common behavior in most frats. Glad I grew out of that... But the thing is, when it happened I could have committed an axe murder and not remembered it the next day. I don’t think I did, though, or surely someone would have mentioned it. At any rate, that’s how bad/serious blackouts are. In a blackout you can do things completely contrary to your normal character, and I’m afraid that’s what might have happened in this case. If not, then to Hell with the kid.

So, in my view this whole incident was a nightmare for both parties involved. I feel awful for the woman who was attacked, as well as her family, and I feel sorry for the kid who may have just ruined his life over one stupid, drunken episode.

Man, life can be a bitch sometimes...

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: netbound

Ironically, I understand what you're saying. I'm a vastly different person today form how I was when I was 19. I believe that we should all get multiple chances to correct our paths. I literally teach in real life that God hasn't given up on us until the moment we die, so we can always choose to walk the right path. So I honestly hope he gets a chance to correct his life & become a better person. I generally believe in rehabilitation over punishment. With that being said... (you knew it was coming lol)

I absolutely can't stand violence against women. I hate it with the passion of 1,000 newlyweds. Any man who beats women instantly loses credibility w/me. I know it's not a rational response & I know I need to work on correcting domestic violence instead of simply raging out over it, but I simply don't want to be forgiving of that. And the facts that this woman was a total stranger, with her family, and a Muslim only makes it worse. I literally don't know how far I'd go if someone did that to one of my Muslim female friends or my mom, and I'll leave it at that.

So yeah, he deserves a chance to correct his path. But he also deserves the full punishment for his actions. Isn't that the whole point in "personal responsibility"? If he gets off with a light "slap on the wrist" every time he assaults someone, how would he understand the severity of his actions? Isn't that the whole justification for our society being "tough on crime"?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: netbound

Good points.

Somewhat of a comparison, we say that a female (or male, I suppose), when drunk, can not consent to sex. But any other drunk actions are not excused?

I'm not saying that raping a drunk female is ok, I'm just throwing this out there. In my younger days, I know I have been so drunk that I have done things that I would never ever think about doing sober. Luckily, none of those things negatively affected my life. Maybe punish him, but don't destroy his chance of a future. Maybe make him clean mosques as a community service for the next two years.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join