It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why usually tolerant British people like myself are becoming more intolerant and xenophobic!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
a reply to: anxiouswens

How would the apologists on this thread
react to being told that they had to wear longer skirts
or that they had to raise their necklines
or risk a rape that would be considered their fault
for being such a tramp

as is happening to women daily in the UK?

Is there some British tabloid you can link me to in support of this claim?

Tried to google it up and got stuff like this..

Muslim woman attacked in London 'for wearing hijab' - RT.com
www.rt.com...

Muslim woman LOSES legal battle to wear jilbab because it is a 'tripping hazard'
www.express.co.uk...

Shocking moment hijab-wearing girl is attacked from behind and knocked to the floor unconscious as police reveal huge rise in hate crimes against Muslims
www.dailymail.co.uk... imes-against-Muslims.html

Group of women kick, punch Muslim mom in UK for wearing hijab
www.firstpost.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I hear you and agree with much of what you are saying. However, I just think it's too simplistic and goes against human nature to try to squash the concerns, and in some cases fears, of the people whose culture or way of life is being irrevocably changed.

It takes time, candor and exposure for things to sort out. They can't be expected to just suck it up quietly or it will only push the inevitable conflict down the road.

Heck, even if you take two college students from similar backgrounds and put them in the same dorm room, there is an adjustment period. Same thing with cats or dogs. If you introduce one new cat to another - there is often hell to pay.

Now apply those territorial tendencies to a forced situation which has rapidly been introduced and involves contradictory ideolgies and cultural norms and it's going to cause huge issues. But one group's rights should not necessarily supercede the other and the group that is coming in should acknowledge and embrace the cultural traditions of their new home to some degree, if only for practicality's sake. Even Pilgrims in the U.S. suffered ill fate when they tried to pretend they could just set up shop in a new land without a nod to the realities of that new home. And look what settlers (many refugees themselves from England) did to Native Americans. We have to learn from it and not repeat the same mistakes.
edit on 10/20/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
What a well put together post anxiousswens.

Just prepare to be labelled an Islamaphobe, White Male Privileged, think about the children, blah blah blah.

You have seen it first hand, but your opinions will be discounted, shunned and condemned by the Muslim apologists, don't let your opinion falter because of these blind, ignorant fools. You're not alone, and more people are waking up right along side you and me, it will reach two outcomes, enough people will wake up and stop the advance of Islam on Western Culture, or Islam is going to snap and their will be conflict that shows THEIR true colors.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

[after staff review, material removed]

www.liveleak.com...
Norway: Muslim rapist tells victim that in Islam, women have no rights
www.jihadwatch.org...

www.dailymail.co.uk... ers-behave-Islamic-way.html
Muslim Patrol Hooded Vigilantes walking streets london telling women cover

www.surenews.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on Tue Oct 20 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

for being such a tramp

www.rt.com...

Muslim woman LOSES legal battle to wear jilbab because it is a 'tripping hazard'
www.express.co.uk...

Shocking moment hijab-wearing girl is attacked from behind and knocked to the floor unconscious as police reveal huge rise in hate crimes against Muslims

www.firstpost.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

for being such a tramp

www.rt.com...

www.express.co.uk...

www.firstpost.com...

www.liveleak.com...
Group of Muslim teenagers attack group of British Teenagers

pamelageller.com...
Muslim women attack French women for wearing bathing suits

www.liveleak.com...
Group of "Muslim Youth" gang up on young British boy for allegedly calling them a name

www.london24.com...
Muslim Mob beats 3 White british men outside of a Mosque

www.telegraph.co.uk... .html
Muslims post Anti-Homosexual leaflets calling for homosexuals to be burned alive for their sexual orientation

Can do this all day bro

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

indigo...you make it sound as if Muslims that move to western countries want to integrate and adopt the culture and laws of their new homeland...the Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Irish, Italians, Russians, Mexicans have all done this in America, as well as they have done it in England...so why haven't Muslims done the same?....why haven't they changed the way they dress, send their kids to public schools, not intimidate women on the street for wearing short skirts, or low necklines...there is a difference between keeping ahold of your heritage, and forcing your heritage on others.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

It takes time, candor and exposure for things to sort out. They can't be expected to just suck it up quietly.

No - I don't think they can

On the other hand, to ignore the kind of rhetoric - polite or otherwise - that's been a constant since 9/11 - is not in anyone's best interests

Often enough we hear these stories of uncouth, uncivilized - rebellious behavior and they're taken for granted as being accurate, when sometimes (and - I'm not saying always - I have my own experiences too) they are exaggerated to fit their fear - and occasionally out and out loathing

Perception is everything - and everyone - immigrant or citizen - has a right to be treated fairly if not nicely. But sometimes resentment grows into something ugly - do we wait for that, or do we try to rein it in now?

We're sitting here watching something unfold, and we can choose how we want to handle it. But not if hatred gets the upper hand

This is going to be a nightmare - but, if I have to pick a side, it's going to be on the side of reason. If I hear someone say something ugly - no matter how sincere, polite - or reasonable - I'm not going to be silent

If someone says it, they should be able to defend it - no problem

I know - that doesn't make me popular

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdwAnd daily we have illegal immigrants coming in from Calais, mainly muslims. There have been rapes in the camps in Calais but we daren't speak about that. A charity has just pulled out of Calais 2 weeks ago. They said all the clothes, food etc was just being thrown away. They said on reflection a lot of the people who were there weren't refugees, they were from countries where there are no wars, and the charity wasn't really sure why these people were here, and yet the madness still carries on.

And let us not forget the paedophile rings which are predominantly Asians.

www.theguardian.com...

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

www.mirror.co.uk...

But hey its just propaganda.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: grandmakdw

That is a bunch of politically correct garbage.

All this calling out of political correctness - to my mind - is just another attempt to control speech and bend it to serve the interests of of few over the many

That's my opinion - and you can kiss my PC ass

A potty mouth is the sign of a lack of intelligence
and an inability to articulate ones reasoning and
argument.

I never said Muslims aren't human.
You are making stuff up now to try and bolster
your ideas.

Political correctness has run amok and
is a direct cause of making the clash
of cultures far worse;
because those who are upset at the changes
are told to shut up and put up with it.

In Germany they have even made it
illegal to express ones feelings about
the changes the immigrants are making
in their society.

That only causes rage within the people
who are being told to shut up in the name
of political correctness;
and to put up with everything that the
immigrants demand and to give it to
them regardless of how disruptive it is
to society or how much it goes against
the societal values of those who are
feeding, housing and supporting them.
All in the name of political correctness,
which has become a festering pus
under the entire situation.

Political correctness is the antithesis of
freedom of speech, it is tightly controlled
and regulated speech.

edit on 12Tue, 20 Oct 2015 12:31:41 -0500pm102010pmk202 by grandmakdw because: format

edit on 12Tue, 20 Oct 2015 12:33:13 -0500pm102010pmk202 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It's refreshing to see that people are beginning to understand the true face of Islam.
Good OP.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The question that I would like answered by the politicians is why do we need more under educated, low skilled people to come to our country.

If you ask a question like that, you are branded racist.

Why?

I think that people in a number of countries will start asking questions and demanding answers from their politicians.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

P.S. Kosmic - You're not wrong :-)

I forgot this:

But one group's rights should not necessarily supercede the other and the group that is coming in should acknowledge and embrace the cultural traditions of their new home to some degree, if only for practicality's sake.

I was once traveling with a fellow American that refused to do something in another country that would have been culturally considerate - and made our lives a lot easier

She said - and I quote:

No goddamned way. I'm American - I'll do what I want

Fun trip - and proof that we humans are all alike. People coming here are as stubborn and tied to who they are as anyone I imagine. We're probably screwed

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k

originally posted by: kosmicjack
reply to: asen_y2k

But when her objections are shouted down as "racist", it's meant to socially ostracize her and marginalize the viewpoint as more radical or controversial than what it actually is - which is a common sense reaction to the situation.

I dont see any suppression of free speech here. All I see is that the majority of Brits are tolerant good people who find the OPs views wrong and have all the freedom to express their own views. Thats what is happening here. Maybe the OPs views are a minority thus the voices of the majority appears to ostracize her.

So why is her viewpoint Ostracizeable in this case, in which you claim most British are open and accepting of Muslims when other majority viewpoints, say such as revealed in the below excerpt in which a majority claim something, all of a sudden the majority is wrong? Hypocrite much?

Just 24 per cent thought Muslims were compatible with the British way of life – with nearly half of people disagreeing that Muslims were compatible.

www.loonwatch.com...

Why is THAT majority wrong (the 50% that think Islam is incompatible with British ways of life), but the supposed majority that you claim (that most Brits support Muslims? Someone's lying here) is right to ostracize?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Adil Rashid admitted travelling to Nottingham and having sex with the girl He met the 13-year-old on Facebook and they communicated by texts and phone for two months before they met

I won't go into detail as to avoid thread drift, but I feel compelled to post a warning every time I hear of a rape through benefit of the internet. I see way too many of these and they are, every, time, completely avoidable.

Parents need to take responsibility for the care and protection of their children, it is their duty and responsibility. Rape is a very sore subject for me. I see the victims up close, and way too personal.

The biggest problem with rape is that everybody has their own idea of what it is, and almost everyone is wrong. Especially men and young girls. What a person, whether by religion, instruction, or experience, thinks rape is, dictates their behavior.

When rape is viewed as nonexistent, because a women is viewed in a different way, with different value, worth and rights, it opens a huge floodgate of inappropriate actions by the uninformed.

Our police departments and the colleges are fighting a losing battle in trying to warn the parents and the children, of just how dangerous the internet has become. We need to protect them from all predators, even those that claim they don't know any better.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Funny , I agree w the OP

But if an American were to post this , they would immediately be labeled a racist and a bigot and pelted until they retreated in the shadows.

I'm glad your truth was well received, I hope that people in the U.S. WAKE UP to the PC nonsense that is becoming a plague and destroying common sense

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Thread temporarily closed.

Hopefully this will allow time for those involved in this thread to think about generalities, bigotry and racism and how these influences can cause extreme hatred to grow, and grow, and grow.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Nvm
edit on 10.20.2015 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join