It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'America is a bomb waiting to explode'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
There is going to be a lot of suffering if one hasn't taken the necessary steps to be sustainable should an unforeseen situation arises. As a result, there will be a short supply of rations to go by and a lot unprepared folks ready to rampage cities for survival.

If anything when the signs and symptoms are there, its only wise to listen to your intuitions, that perhaps it's necessary to prepare for such a scenario sooner than later.

Peace

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

I personally feel that the US is a failing concept. I am a US Citizen, born and raised.

Whereas in concept, it worked really well on paper and could have gone on to be something great, it's been taken over as a pitri dish for the wealthy and influential to play as they wish. Regardless of the original intent or possibilities that were there at one time.

I will say this though. I feel that many British are highly opinionated and hold strong emotions with regards to the United States. I cannot help but feel that this is a bit of a scenario of the pot calling the kettle black. I believe this writer wasn't ever much of a US supporter to begin with. And that's ok.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: nonjudgementalist

saddam hussein did a better job at keeping all the quarrelling M.E. tribes at bay than the U.S. ever will.
i'd even go so far as to argue that without our "intervention" things wouldnt be nearly as bad as they are over there.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

No but not nearly as long as England or the rest of us in Britain for that matter...

I rest my case.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I think America has a ways to go until the end. If it were about to implode, we'd see no candidates from either party wanting to run it or be a part of it. Now in 2020, if there are no candidates running and no one wants to be president, then run. Run fast.

There will always be people wanting to run for president.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I tend to agree.

We have become a nation divided unto itself down so many lines. Religion/faith, politics, ethnicity, regionality, etc....

When I was a child, my father always repeated an old saying whenever there was dispute:
"I may not agree with what someone else says but I am ready to fight to the death for their right to say it."

He told me that the day this became history, so would our country.

I think we are just about there.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
and for some crazy reason they have left the
US unable to produce the food you need.
yo many things come from abroad.
so the people that are left will hunt down and take every thing.
and destroy all the rest. so Nothing and no one left to make more.
and to me it looks like this is on purpose!

but THEM! have big Bunkers.
built with your Tax money.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
All that's missing is Kimmy-J launching one of his 'fireworks' into the ionosphere above the U.S. mainland... =x

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Before this turns into an Anglo-American slugfest it would be worthwhile quoting this part from the op again.

To me, the US – and most of the supposedly free West – increasingly looks like a truck being systematically filled with Semtex.

Now just because the focus is on the US (logical as it is the leader of the west) does not mean it is just some bloody Brit spouting anti-American rubbish again.

On the idea of the west being one step away from disaster, I agree. We have lost many things, but the most important thing we have lost is the sense of decency, justice and fairness we were once characterized for.

My opinion.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
HA,HA ,HAAAA.
America is going to fail huh?
FUNNY how these people keep pushing that.
ONE bad president who needs to be arrested perhaps.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Azryael

Americans are self entitled morons who favor bling over education and knowledge. When them handouts stop....animals treat each other more appropriately.

Not trying to be obnoxious, just saying.

Your comment is quite obnoxious, just saying.

Not going to make many friends here with that logic and your opinion of Americans.

I'm an American, I don't get any "handouts" nor do I favor "bling" over education and knowledge. I personally don't know one American who does.

edit on 19-10-2015 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-10-2015 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Once the cities flood, the economy's going to collapse.

Miami, Boston, Jacksonville, New York City, New Orleans, Charleston. They'll all be gone. Not entirely, but they'll be severely diminished.

The entirety of the world will have to establish new ports. It'll be interesting to see.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

Sam Gerrans is an English writer,

Figures, English. Write that off as their "wishful thinking." How long have we been here, a couple years, no? We'll withstand anything that comes our way, anything - it's what we do. Indestructible, inseparable.

All empires rise and fall.

In 1000 years time the USA as a super power will be just a page in the history book.
edit on 19-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Good for Sam Gerrans. He sounds like an idiot. Really. I'm sure he could stretch a sentence into the next Anna Karenina.

I'm an American and I want it to all fall apart. I pray for anarchy and the destruction of this disgrace of a system OUR PEOPLE have become enslaved to. Just waiting for the rest of you to get on board. Screw the election. Stop voting. Nullify the powers of law enforcement. The more we participate in their system the more we are in debt. The only way to stop this is to walk away. Refuse to pay off debt then things really start to get interesting.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
HA,HA ,HAAAA.

America was closest towards falling apart during the era of Vietnam, a conflict stupidly pulled into by Kennedy and then the next two presidents which appeared to divide the country. Blaming Obama for all the woes of America shows a lack of knowledge, judgement and intelligence.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Talorc

Calm down this shouldn't be about American verses English its about worry underlying problems which someone has highlighted - (he could have come from Nan Madol etc, so what). These problems are running concurrent with what is likely to be the destabilisation of Europe a huge trading partner. If these two blocks start to fail at the same time the Western world and its values could be lost. Naturally we all hope not, but best to face up to things before they become dire problems surely. Its only a discussion after all.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Blissful

I think you are right, but often its a combination of things and then suddenly something tiny tips the scale. I suspect draught will also play its part in the problems also.

However I do wonder if, although I think America is doing absolutely the right thing here, by America improving its relations with Iran which will antagonise Israel and all its zionist backers, this group will retaliate and its usually financially in some way if country's don't do as they are told.

I also don't doubt for one minute that the EU situation is not being orchestrated by people behind the scenes purely to make money out of misery - civil war deliberately caused is not off the agenda in my book.

edit on 20-10-2015 by Shiloh7 because: better sense sorry

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

You don't know ANY Americans that are shallow and materialistic? Are we talking about the same country that California exists in?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
HA,HA ,HAAAA.

At some point it will one day.

All super powers fail.

Hopefully the USA goes the way the British Empire went and just quietly settles down as rich regional power.

Or it could go down in flames like Rome or shatter into pieces like the USSR.

Who knows?

But at some point maybe not now or even in a 100 years but one day the USA number will be up as a super power.

As for what super power takes it place? Who knows? They seem to emerge from unpredictable places.
If a rainy resource poor island and a poor colony of outcasted rebellious religious nuts could make empires the world in 3000AD may be under the great icelandic empire! Though the ME will still be a mess full of barbarians in 3000AD so good like to the great empire of Iceland :p:

edit on 20-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I think that the U.S. of A. will collapse soon for a number of reasons - economic, natural disaster, war and terrorism. Putin didn't get involved with Syria just for the heck of it, and given Obama's reaction to Russia's involvement, I would guess that WWIII (inc. the use of at least one or two nukes) is just around the corner.

Imo all of this is coming down due to the Lord's judgment against the U.S., but that discussion belongs in another thread.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join