It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'America is a bomb waiting to explode'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Is American a bomb waiting to explode, Sam Gerrans thinks so.

The United States is in decline. While not all major shocks to the system will be devastating, when the right one comes along, the outcome may be dramatic. Not all explosives are the same. We all know you have to be careful with dynamite. Best to handle it gently and not smoke while you’re around it. Semtex is different. You can drop it. You can throw it. You can put it in the fire. Nothing will happen. Nothing until you put the right detonator in it, that is. To me, the US – and most of the supposedly free West – increasingly looks like a truck being systematically filled with Semtex.

"I am saying that while it may be possible to keep loading box upon box of societal Semtex into the truck, given the right detonator the collapse will be swift, unstoppable and devastating." --Sam Gerrans is an English writer, translator, support counselor and activist.

1. Destruction of farms and reliable food source
2. Weak economic system
3. Americans increasingly on mind-altering drugs
4. Morals in decline

Nowhere to run

In the past, people were in rural communities. They could grow food. They had real communities. They also had self-control and a conception of morality.

Today, if the supply lines go down, you are stuck in a house you can’t heat surrounded by millions of FDA-approved drug addicts who are going psycho because they have run out of juice and people who would murder their own grandmother to get a cut-price iPhone.

I would argue that the right shock event – or combination of shock events – will detonate the explosive.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

It does sound like a hopeless scenario.

Can you imagine a world without the U.S?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Funny this guy is English though. If the West collapses and there are shortages/energy crises, it will be the super-densely populated areas in Western Europe that get hit the absolute hardest. In America, at least, there is still a lot of empty land people can run to.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

ROFLMAO

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Sam Gerrans is an English writer,

Figures, English. Write that off as their "wishful thinking." How long have we been here, a couple years, no? We'll withstand anything that comes our way, anything - it's what we do. Indestructible, inseparable.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Thing change.

I don't really know why, considering how many considerations must be made when considering such things....

Things just do that.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

Figures, English. Write that off as their "wishful thinking." How long have we been here, a couple years, no?

No but not nearly as long as England or the rest of us in Britain for that matter...

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I think America has a ways to go until the end. If it were about to implode, we'd see no candidates from either party wanting to run it or be a part of it. Now in 2020, if there are no candidates running and no one wants to be president, then run. Run fast.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Figures, English. Write that off as their "wishful thinking." How long have we been here, a couple years, no?

No but not nearly as long as England or the rest of us in Britain for that matter...

This is a common argument that actually holds no water. The age of a nation has little bearing on it's ultimate fate. The Burgundian state, for example, existed for over 1000 years, and then promptly vanished without a trace in the 19th century. Norman Davies wrote a good book about this, I forget what it's called..... "Vanished Kingdoms", I think. A good read, would recommend it.

Even your county, Scotland, was established before England as a unified kingdom. But that didn't help you much, did it.....

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Hope not!! If US explodes in any manner, economic, social, military then it would be a disaster for the Human Race.

What needs to explode is US foreign policy so that energies can be utilized back home and mending some tired structures inside the US.

That's why, my vote goes to Mr. Donald Trump. He wants to focus on internal repair and reproduction rather than squander resources in senseless overseas involvements.

Trump would do good in the WH.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Talorc

This is a common argument that actually holds no water. The age of a nation has little bearing on it's ultimate fate. The Burgundian state, for example, existed for over 1000 years, and then promptly vanished without a trace in the 19th century. Norman Davies wrote a good book about this, I forget what it's called..... "Vanished Kingdoms", I think. A good read, would recommend it.

Even your county, Scotland, was established before England as a unified kingdom. But that didn't help you much, did it.....

lol, calling Scotland a county will really win you no friends - I appreciate it's a typo but an unfortunate one.

I'm not sure what you mean by Scotland being established as unified before England, do you mean the fact that England had different regional rulers in the past? If so that is of course the case, but at the same time I'm not totally sure that at the same time all of mainland Scotland and all its associated islands were 100% unified.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

lol, calling Scotland a county will really win you no friends - I appreciate it's a typo but an unfortunate one.

I'm not sure what you mean by Scotland being established as unified before England, do you mean the fact that England had different regional rulers in the past? If so that is of course the case, but at the same time I'm not totally sure that at the same time all of mainland Scotland and all its associated islands were 100% unified.

I mean that there was a kingdom called Scotland before there was a kingdom called England. You should be able to verify that easily enough.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I think we are seeing an intentional decline in US interventionism in the Syria and IS situation to perhaps teach the international hard lesson, as if to say look at what kind of chaos ensues whenwe dont intervene, therefore you need us.... Just a thought...

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

I mean that there was a kingdom called Scotland before there was a kingdom called England. You should be able to verify that easily enough.

Yes, but neither represent what we now think of as England and Scotland. Anyway, as this isn't about either country I'll leave it there to prevent thread drift.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
England, emerged in the 10 th Century, Scotland became a Kingdom in the early middle ages, Wikipedia...

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I've often suggested this myself, simply because a lot of the divisive political maneuvering over the last decades seems like it's intended to at least push people in that direction. Whether the end goal was to actually trigger a violent uprising or to trigger a violent near-uprising (and then enact draconian house rules), it's hard to say... but it doesn't look like anyone is being pushed toward liberty, equality, fraternity.

"United we stand, Divided we fall" does not mean "We can never be undone". It means that IF we work as a unified force, we're hard to beat...but if we're all divided into opposing factions, and working against each other, then we will fail.

The divisions have been going on for a long time. That may be something to work on.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
If Germany and Greece can survive what happened to them over the last hundred years the USA can too. I could see USA splitting into smaller countries someday though.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Just as well, the modern U.S. is scarcely a reflection of what it looked like in 1800.

My whole point was that the argument of nations with longer history having some sort of mythical resilience and fortitude compared to younger nations is bunk. There's plenty of information out there people can read about this subject, if they're interested. I will also leave it at this, but I wanted to speak up because it's a bunk argument that I see all the time from people on the Internet with sketchy knowledge of history.
edit on 19-10-2015 by Talorc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
We are witnessing a transfer of wealth from the west back to the east much as it was in the fall of Rome. At one time China was the center of wealth with the pursuit of such from the west...Que Alexander the great and so on. This flip flop has been going on for ages.

Not for nothing, but it was planned ahead of time. How bad new Rome falls is dependent on a few factors that have less to do with money and more to do with socio-economic status factors. To include class dynamic of course.

Worst case scenario? The former Yugoslav Republic when their dollar fell through the floor. Best case? Former Soviet Union Esq.

You can't stop it, and while it may seem subtle at the moment.....it will gather steam.....people will begin to notice....then people will start to become uncomfortable...which will lead to complete freaking out...higher crime.....more gov clamp down....higher bread prices.....longer food lines......collapsing welfare.......basically the worst parts of the bible towards the end.

Hope you have a lawn chair and a curly straw....gonna be fun to watch reallly soon!

If America is in decline isn't the question......when is.

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
If Germany and Greece can survive what happened to them over the last hundred years the USA can too. I could see USA splitting into smaller countries someday though.

There is no comparison, the USA is the worlds reserve currency......the whole world uses it and keeps a reserve of it for the purchase of goods as they can only purchase Saudi oil with it. When the dollar falls, so doeth the rest of the world whom are dependent on it.

Americans are self entitled morons who favor bling over education and knowledge. When them handouts stop....animals treat each other more appropriately.

Greece and Germany are small potatoes with a GDP that can't even scratch what the US produces. And until you get rid of American greed and social superficiality there shall be no optimism to turn to. Tis will be ugly.

As far as splitting into smaller countries....it will take another bloody civil war for that to happen legally. Hope you dusted off yer musket!

Not trying to be obnoxious, just saying.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join