It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Election...Please Vote!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Mr. Trudeau and family watching results come in (from the CTV feed):

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Its early to say but the liberals seem to have won the maritimes, i wonder how ontario and quebec follow suit.

That's where it gets interesting.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
funny that the Jays Game is more important then this election LOL

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
CTV has just projected a Liberal win.

edit on 19-10-2015 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Yea looks like the liberals might get a majority, too bad the ndp lost so many seats, im not a big fan of anybody named Trudeau

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Olivia Chow has been defeated by Adam Vaughn in Toronto. Here she concedes with a rousing speech showing her good sportsmanship.

CTV just projected a Liberal majority government.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Thunder and lightning in Toronto. (Really.)

An omen?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
whew... Thank you Canada

You've restored a bit of my faith in the people of our country...

Peace out Harper... Hope the door hits you in the face on your way out

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Brian Mulroney telling people that social media has had the effect of abbreviating politicians lives and that Mr. Harper ran into the most lethal instrument in politics, the slogan "Time for a change."

He says he told the Conservatives not to underestimate Mr. Trudeau, and that he is a person of substance.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Tom Mulcair came out and gave a very pat sounding speech in which he covered every conceivable thread in the tapestry of NDP politics.

He looked thrilled to have been re-elected.

He and his party have just resumed their traditional role in Canadian politics as the conscience of the nation. The conscience which is of little political consequence. That is a catastrophe for the NDP in my opinion. I think he was on automatic pilot during the speech.

To me it appears as if the NDP is the party where voters park their votes while waiting for one of the two traditional governing parties to shape up.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Stephen Harper just resigned. He's instructed his party to set the machinery in motion to select a new party leader.

He has looked tired recently, for sure, but seems very peppy on the podium as he defends his political legacy and acknowledges electoral defeat.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Gilles Duceppe, leader of the Bloc Quebecois, has been defeated, but the party has more seats than in the last Parliament (7).

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Justin Trudeau's victory speech stressing the power of positive politics.

As nice a young man as he is, I think that very soon he is going to have to learn the meaning and uses of the word "no".

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Woo hoo! Bye, bye, Stephen Harper!

If I could send him a message it would be: "The people have SPOKEN!"

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

I really like Olivia Chow. I was hoping she would replace Mulcair as the party leader. This makes her look bad of course, but she's too smart and too good-hearted in my opinion to not remain in Canadian politics. Her passionate speech against Harper's push to imprison refugee children seemed to have been what put a stop to that bill (although I believe it was later passed, but not to imprison children, from what I remember.) Still, she stood and fought it.

Hearing that such a bill was being pushed in the Canadian parliament actually brought me to tears. I love this country and the thought of us imprisoning CHILDREN for cripes sakes...anyway, he's gone...

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
In the end I am left feeling sorry for Mulcair though. He fought so long and hard against Harper, harder than anyone, and this is what he gets? The NDP were helping to push Canadians to vote against Harper, which ultimately helped the Liberals to get so many votes. Had the public known the Liberals were going to get in, had we not been relying on faulty polls, the NDP would have gotten a lot more votes. They deserved better than this. I mean, they have their issues as a party, but they have some really good people too and have done so much good for this country without ever leading it.

My respects to the NDP supporters out there. I am against Free Trade and I really hope the NDP works hard on improving themselves as a party for the next election. I'll be eager to vote for them next time!

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
And then there's this:

news.nationalpost.com... us-ex-human-revolution

Four years ago,
this Canadian video game predicted Justin Trudeau would become Prime Minister

Justin Trudeau Super Hero?

Excerpt:
[Quote]
Justin Trudeau was PM in Deus Ex: Human Revolution

It may be tough to reach back to the political landscape in the middle of 2011, but pretty much everyone thought the Liberals were basically done. They had just come off a huge, historic drubbing in the polls and Jack Layton’s NDP looked like it could move in as the opposition.

Well, everyone thought that except for the creators of 2011’s Deus Ex: Human Revolution, a game produced in Montreal by Square-Enix.

Deus Ex showed a future world 20 years in the future (16 now) where people live as augmented cyborgs, a giant super city looms over Hong Kong … and Justin Trudeau is the Prime Minister.

Honestly, in 2011 that last one felt like the most unrealistic of those three.
[/Quote]

I found the floating City interesting as there was yet another post about that just yesterday.

They're making another one, i wonder what they'll predict next.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Funny tidbit. I listened to PET on Vancouver Island in '78. He was as eloquent as usual. What I just flashed on was that Justin would have been in grade 1 at the time.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

That's weird, I only a few minutes ago found this...
www.thestar.com...

Apparently Richard Nixon predicted it too!

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Yeah that was an interesting read as well, makes you wonder.

I noticed some one posted this in the comments section of that article.

It's too bad nobody published Richard Nixon's other prediction - that the son of Pierre Trudeau would defeat a young Liberal later to turn Conservative determined to extinguish the Liberal Party.

I'm not sure yet if that one is accurate though, doing a search.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join