It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Election...Please Vote!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This shows the voting hours across the country in local time.

www.elections.ca...

Looks like I jumped the gun. There is actually more than an hour of voting left in Newfoundland.

More Links:

Elections Canada: enr.elections.ca...

CTV election coverage live: www.ctvnews.ca...

edit on 19-10-2015 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
I voted Conservative...

Well that's news.

Prediction: I think Harper is in trouble. He has gotten a lot of bad press, some of it deserved. With trembling fingers I type AN NDP MINORITY GOVERNMENT!

Ghastly.

Nope. I see a Lib minority. IMO it all comes down to BC. NDP or Lib. Who are the Greens going to steal the most from?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I would like to publicly apologize to every Canadian.
Last election i voted Conservative. I Doubt i was the deciding vote, however my idiocy added to Harpers overall numbers.

Didnt make the same mistake this year and never will again while Harper is running.
...I hope he trips and knocks his 2 front teeth out tonight.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
I would like to publicly apologize to every Canadian.
Last election i voted Conservative. I Doubt i was the deciding vote, however my idiocy added to Harpers overall numbers.

Didnt make the same mistake this year and never will again while Harper is running.
...I hope he trips and knocks his 2 front teeth out tonight.

So you are another conservative that has had enough of Harper's totalitarian rule? Cool. It's time to get the party back in shape. Ditch the bitches. If we're lucky we'll have this person leading the party after the Harper purge:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Your prediction might be right. I'm listening to the pundits on CBC and there seems to be a consensus looking for a big rise in Liberal fortunes. This shocks me more than the idea that Harper could be voted out after three terms of office. I ask myself how can a party, the Liberals, go from having roughly one tenth of the seats in Parliament to forming the government, even if it is only a minority government!

I really am in shock about the idea that people think that could occur.

Looking at the representation as it stood the day the election was called, in the event things would go badly for the government, I should have thought that the NDP (second party in the house by seats) might sneak up the middle while the Libs and Tories hacked at each other, but people don't seem to see that possibility.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
I ask myself how can a party, the Liberals, go from having roughly one tenth of the seats in Parliament to forming the government, even if it is only a minority government!

Really? Or are you referring to the Progressive Conservatives of 2000 that damn near lost their national status because of the lack of support?

Liberals, led by Chrétien, are re-elected with a third majority, defeating Stockwell Day's Canadian Alliance, the unsuccessful attempt to unite the Reform Party and the Progressive Conservatives. Progressive Conservatives, led by former Prime Minister Joe Clark, barely keep official party status in the House with the minimum 12 seats.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Voted NDP. Ive got a cbc feed for the election day if anybody wants to follow. I suck at adding links hope this works.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I'm watching the CTV feed at:

www.ctvnews.ca...

Here is the current House:

A CTV pundit has been saying that even Stephen Harper is not optimistic tonight. Conservative party polls must be showing a strong feeling for change.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Heres hoping Canadians understand that they need to boot Harper out, not too keen with trudeau or mulcair, but i guess voting for the lesser evil this time, might make a little bit of good.

I voted NDP

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: snypwsd

I voted Liberal as a strategic vote, but also because they are good at managing the economy (supporting entrepreneurs.) The last time I voted NDP because they were in the lead against Harper, I really liked Layton and the NDP are against Free Trade (at least supposedly.) I am very much against Free Trade myself, but for right now I feel we need to get our economy and various other immediate concerns dealt with by an experienced party. I also like Justin Trudeau and it would be so refreshing to see a Prime Minister of Canada that I actually like!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I understand your view, but never in our history have we had a dictator or a government so packed full of criminals, attacking our rights and freedoms, and our very sovereignty with things like the Investor State Dispute Settlement! If we have only corrupt parties to choose from, I'd want one less packed with outright criminals. I believe in making a stand against evil, however one can, even if it's just voting for the lesser of three evils.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Mr chong would be a good choice. I worked for thr Conservative Party as a data analyst for 7 years. Got meet a lot of really good hearted people.
I am conservative, but this year i couldnt be responsible for aiding to harper.
When i was called to donate to the party, i said to the person "the party will never get another donation from me as long as that bozo is behind the wheel"

Right now early poll results are in, 7 for red 1 orange crush and 0 cons. Still to early to tell, but the liberals will most likely take it home tonight...as a minority though.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

Thanks for sharing all the info!

Wish I could watch along but unfortunately I have to head out to my night job...I'll find out the results when I get back. GASP...

edit on 19-10-2015 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran

originally posted by: pheonix358
I tried. They would not let me vote.

Sorry, can't help you.

All of these really silly rules they have.

P

Going to need more context on this. All you needed was an ID, Or some paper/digital bills. Worst case all you needed was someone to vouch for you.

Yeah, it seems that they don't want to let Aussies vote. Seems that you can't vote in ours either.

So sadly, I cannot respond to the OP's call.

P

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I was surprised that NFLD went Lib. Then I heard Danny Williams speak. Serious Conservative Newfoundland politician. HE says Harper must go.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

I have a feeling that the diagram of the House is going to be much redder tomorrow. I'm getting the feeling that this might turn out to be a second Trudeaumaniafest. I worked for the Liberals in the first one in 1968.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I understand your view, but never in our history have we had a dictator or a government so packed full of criminals, attacking our rights and freedoms, and our very sovereignty with things like the Investor State Dispute Settlement! If we have only corrupt parties to choose from, I'd want one less packed with outright criminals. I believe in making a stand against evil, however one can, even if it's just voting for the lesser of three evils.

I certainly see your position, but there will come a time in the not so distant future when conscientious objection and passive rebellion against the corruption does nothing at all. It will be a point at which people will have to make hard choices.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I think that is the bottom line all over the country...

Get Harper out...

OF course theres always a few that prefer to just plug their ears, shut their eyes and forget what hes been doing to this country for a decade... Scandal after scandal, but sure... give him another shot

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
According to the CBC, the Liberals are polling 66% of the vote.

If that trend migrates out of the Atlantic Provinces, it is going to be very grim for Conservative incumbents, including cabinet ministers.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Its early to say but the liberals seem to have won the maritimes, i wonder how ontario and quebec follow suit.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join