It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Election...Please Vote!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I am so very nervous about this election, TODAY! I have been very upset with Stephen Harper for quite a number of years, and TODAY can change everything! Or not...I didn't believe it when Harper got back in the last time. I mean, a never-ending series of scandals showing him and his party (which is completely under his control of course) are a bunch of criminals, and somehow he manages to get back IN, with a majority no less! I felt an odd sensation of death that night. I've spoken to a number of other people who had the same feeling. It just felt wrong.

The Robocalls Scandal was done out in the open: people calling voting citizen's homes and intentionally misdirecting them to the wrong locations so they couldn't vote! People reported it but complaints were initially ignored by the RCMP and Elections Canada. Imagine what else went on behind the scenes! And now Harper has so much more control, including a kit Internet access to people due to Internet surveillance. People are still fighting it, even after it was passed. And with his hold over Elections Canada now, just imagine what he could maneuver this time! Harper's people would know, better than any poll, which way the wind is really blowing.

One man has taken control over his party, over our government, over the RCMP (placing the Commissioner,) over CSIS (placing a new Director,) the senate (stacking them with the likes of Mike Duffy and Pamela Wallin,) over the CBC (making huge cuts and telling them what and what not to report,) over Canada Post (placing the new CEO and attacking the union,) and even Elections Canada (creating the new role of 'Commissioner' and appointing him.) And THIS person ALONE decides what is or is not to be investigated, in regards to election fraud! Oh, right, one can rest reeeeeeeeal easy with that knowledge...

The only institution in our system with the power and guts to stand against him has been the Supreme Court. But even then, he fights them. His own party members always vote as instructed, only refusing when the first version of the Internet bill was proposed. Harper had his party vote on a rule which would disallow them to vote out a party leader after they've been voted in! They voted against that. The senate took a stand when he tried to pass a bill which would have cut back their pay. Seems they manage to find the courage to say no when it concerns them personally, but only when.

Please, if you're Canadian, take the time to go out and vote. Get everyone you know, if possible, to go out and vote. If you see any signs of election fraud, please speak out right away and call the police yourself if you have to! We MUST stop this gross corruption of what was once a nation you could be proud to live in! I want that Canada back! How about you?
edit on 19-10-2015 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Ndp is better for Canada

Unfortunately Canadians just like Americans fall prey to media lies and will vote Trudou

Not to mention Canadians want to smoke pot openly

Pleasure VS what's right

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I'm upset at all the politicians. Not one has turned me away from spoiling my ballot.

Not one had a clue as to how to deal with REAL issues.

Not one has a viable solution for poverty, hunger, war, crime, corruption, greed....if anything, they support these behaviors! ALL OF THEM!

Idiots!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I tried. They would not let me vote.

Sorry, can't help you.

All of these really silly rules they have.

P

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ScrewGmail

Anything is better then Harper...

NDP would be better for everyone, but this is a strategic vote in a two party system...

Do what's right Canada

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Lol

Strategic vote to vote in a young American puppet

Only NDP is truly Canadian at this point

Everything else is USA USA

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Harper has a laundry list of lies behind him, and hes just getting desperate with his campaign lately...

All politicians lie... Its time to let someone else lie to us...

Im sick of seeing Harper smile while he screws us

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Just voted! On another note, There was a massive accident right in front of the polling station holding up traffic for at least an hour, 2 fire trucks and 3 police cars got involved. Very suspicious.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Sorry, can't help you.

P

Going to need more context on this. All you needed was an ID, Or some paper/digital bills. Worst case all you needed was someone to vouch for you.
edit on 19-10-2015 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Tjoran

Wow, that's quite something. From my view, the less votes, the easier it is to for them to rig the results.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I am a smoker. Since I am not allowed by my government to participate in the benefits of society, I choose to reject the responsibility of society. No politician represents me or my interests and all see me only as a wallet and person to be punished for my legal choices.

My sole voting strategy now is to look for the candidate that has absolutely no chance of winning and vote for them in the hopes of upsetting the balance. If the race is close, I spoil my ballet.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Im voting liberal after work. DOWN WITH HARPER! I dont care who wins as long as it is not conservatives. But i would prefer to have trudeau win the fight.

The ndp and con attack ads prove that mulcair and harper are scared. They mislead everyone, saying Justin will raise taxes on everyone... Thats bs. As its only tge super rich 1% that will be taxed even more. How could you not want that?

He is the only candidate who has a plan to help EVERYONE. As some one who works in trades he is the only one who promises growth and jobs on a scale that can boost the economy. Also he is being honnest. He will run 3 deficits and balance the forth year. Where as harper can only balance a budget if he steals money from the contingency funds.

Look at the scandal riddled cons... Nuff said
Ndp has never been in power, if layton was alive id vote Ndp. But Mulcair is not trustwothy. Taking jabs at justins dad shows that he is scared just like harper.

Im voting Liberal.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

You seem a little naive in that you believe voting for a particular party will change something. Harper is a treasonous criminal and needs to be tried. Trudeau's father sold out Canada to the IMF in 1974 and his mother appears to have serious psychological issues, that falls not far from the tree. Mulcair seems like a nice family oriented kind of guy, but nice guys finish last.

Regardless of their attitudes, criminal pasts, mental illness heredity or nice guy stance, the prime minister does not control the colony of canada. That position is shared via delegation through our own corporate shadow goverment and of course the inbred welfare family's viceroy, the grovellor general. You will get the government they want along with attrition, service cutbacks, more privatization and of course the March towards one world goverment and the treason it entails.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 10/19.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

It's all cleared up now, seems they were working extra fast to get the 2 cars out of the way

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Anything is better then Harper...

NDP would be better for everyone, but this is a strategic vote in a two party system...

Do what's right Canada

I remember the Americans saying something along these lines in 2008. "Anything but a Republican". And McCain at that! Hahaha what a joke. But where did that get them?

Ya...anything is better eh? How's the US been with Barry lately?

Personally I'd rather an Artificial Intelligence run the government. Remove the people (politicians) as they are clearly the problem. Keep it online and let everyone vote on everything. The AI would be nothing more than a resource manager. Talk about representation!

But not in this lifetime. When people are tied between voting and baseball, there is no hope to begin with. Hell most people I have randomly talked to about the election either had no idea it was happening, had no idea who was running or had no idea who Stephen Harper is.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran

Sorry, can't help you.

P

Going to need more context on this. All you needed was an ID, Or some paper/digital bills. Worst case all you needed was someone to vouch for you.

Incorrect. Those were the old rules. New ones require you to register before you vote. You can no longer just show up with ID. And good luck if you are a student living in a place which doesn't match your ID. There is a reason the PC's implemented this since the last election.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic

Sorry, can't help you.

P

Incorrect. Those were the old rules. New ones require you to register before you vote. You can no longer just show up with ID. And good luck if you are a student living in a place which doesn't match your ID. There is a reason the PC's implemented this since the last election.

You can still register AT the polling station.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Sorry, can't help you.

P

My bad. I was misinformed. I was under the impression that this had changed.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Sorry, can't help you.

P

My bad. I was misinformed. I was under the impression that this had changed.

Because of all the gag rules put in place by harper's government, Elections Canada wasn't allowed to inform the voters

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I was going to start a thread of my own on the election, but I am glad that one has been started already. By the way, here is a link to the CBC's live coverage of results.

www.cbc.ca...

It should be an interesting evening. I voted a couple of hours ago at a community center near where I live, in Toronto. It's a lovely Fall day here and there was no line up at the poll. I'm sure things will be picking up now as we near the end of the work day.

I voted Conservative, but my riding, Beaches - East York is currently held by Mathew Kellway of the NDP. This part of Toronto is very left/liberal/artsy/family. I would have to pepper spray my way through layers of people in any crowd to get to another conservative and don't even mention my house mates. They all ignore my views quite happily.

Prediction: I think Harper is in trouble. He has gotten a lot of bad press, some of it deserved. With trembling fingers I type AN NDP MINORITY GOVERNMENT!

Ghastly.

edit on 19-10-2015 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-10-2015 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join