It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My youngest dog likes Country/Bluegrass!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I like to "experiment" with my dogs to see how they react to different sights, sounds, smells, tastes, or whatever. Today I decided to see how they react to music. I had some Country/Bluegrass songs on my cell phone. My older dog (the mom) was indifferent but my youngest loved it. She didn't show a reaction to every song that played but there were some that she loved. She cocked her head and stared at the cell phone with rapt attention with her ears perked up and a look of doggy joy on her face. When each song was over she turned back to me and if the song was one she liked, back to the phone. It was interesting to watch. I think next time I'll see how she likes classic rock. Here are the songs she liked:

This was the first one. It really got her tail wagging.

This one had her absolutely transported. I asked her if she liked it and she gave me a big hug and went back to the cell phone, entranced.

This one got her really excited.

This really got her attention.

This one had her excited, too.

She was staring with rapt attention with this one. She even pawed at the cell phone to pull it closer and lowered her head with her ears cocked.

Do your dogs react to music? What do they like?

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
My Norwegian Elkhound adores listening to Willy Nelson.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Maybe she's detecting some high frequency sounds in country/bluegrass that humans can't hear.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
That's awesome!
None of my dogs ever really showed a preference to any music genre. My Boston Terrier, Retard, would stop whatever he was doing and make himself comfortable on the couch and watch the entirity of Ghostbusters. He was cool.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3
That's cool. Your dog has good taste.
I had Willy Nelson and Waylon Jennings doing a cover of the Eagles song Take it to the Limit but she ignored that one. I'll try another and see what she does.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman
I thought of that but it wasn't every song that she reacted to. The ones I listed were the only ones she paid attention to out of and hour or so of music.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear
Why did you call him Retard?
He had good tastes in movies then. I could watch that one over and over.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
My bearded Collie is partial to the blues.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

His given name was Dante. But I called him Retard because he would do some seriously retarded stuff.
He had a fur brother who is still alive, another Boston. Stinky. Self-explanatory, there. His name is Brody.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I had a Papillon that loved it when I played harmonica. She would sit on my lap and sing along in cute little howls.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I remember now one day I played "Dust in the wind" in the car and my dog started to cry in the part the violin plays.

I also believe animals can feel the music.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Too funny! One of our cats likes classic and 80's rock best. Any good rock, really. When I played something country one night, he looked annoyed. The other two pets seem to pay no attention.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
That's cool, a blues collie. Is this one that gets your dog excited?

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23
That's America's funniest videos material there. Too bad you never got it on tape.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes
That reminds me of a cat I had. She liked metal. If I played anything else she ignored it but if it was metal she was all over the cell phone.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

The cat gets all fluffy and happy with the rock, but irritated with other stuff. He's a trip, anyway - very smart cat!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Heh, my dogs only react to phones ringing and/or if they see me talking on the phone. Really they think takeout is coming and can't wait to try and steal some Chinese food.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JustinCee
Here's a prank to play on your dogs: Pretend that you're ordering food on the phone and then after a while knock on the wall so they think the delivery guy is at the door. Okay, maybe not. It is kind of being mean to them.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I do that sort of thing, lol. But they will ALWAYS have a treat waiting for them.

new topics

top topics

join