It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CODE BLACK, University New Mexico Hospital, EBOLA?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Just heard from an medical authority that a male patient from Sierra Leone, was brought in to ER with blood coming from his eyes. UNMH is on complete diversion, and is not accepting any more patients. Pt had additional S/S of Ebola. I'll try to keep everyone updated.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Good thing it happened in a country where they can easily fight ebola.

I can still remember the ebola scare, millions where going to die lol

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

I live like down the street from UNMH.

And it's oddly quiet outside.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Huh.........so how long before he disappears? Someone I chat with elsewhere online was talking about some patients with signs simply vanishing. Please keep us posted!

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: galaga

I live like down the street from UNMH.

And it's oddly quiet outside.

That's because all ambulances have been diverted to Lovelace and Presbyterian.
Can you walk down the street and take some photos?

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
No where near there, hope some info comes in. I checked Twitter but it re tweets back to this thread.
edit on 18-10-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
A Scottish nurse who had helped in Africa during the crisis was treated for Ebola some months ago. Recently she was re-admitted to a London hospital for tests to see if Ebola had returned.
The scariest thing is they also released the fact that Ebola can lie dormant in the body for an unknown period.
I don't know how to post the link but BBC website has a lot of info.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The only thing UNMH is saying is that the ER was on lock-down for 3 hours last night. Nothing else.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Here we go again....wonder how many this idiot possibly infected on his journey.

Hopefully it does not spread again like it did before, but if he was brought in with bleeding orifices, it is likely he had contact with others while contagious.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Appears this may have just been a drill. That or the timing of the drill was oddly perfect and it is real:

Source

Hospitals in New Mexico are making sure doctors and nurses know the precautions and guidelines in case of an Ebola emergency like the back of their hands.

Some hospitals, such as University of New Mexico Hospital, are reinforcing all of the procedures. UNMH had to cancel an interview with KOAT Action 7 News because of all the practice, which will include an official real-time table-top exercise Wednesday evening.

This was reported on the 15th of October.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Appears this may have just been a drill. That or the timing of the drill was oddly perfect and it is real:

Source

Hospitals in New Mexico are making sure doctors and nurses know the precautions and guidelines in case of an Ebola emergency like the back of their hands.

Some hospitals, such as University of New Mexico Hospital, are reinforcing all of the procedures. UNMH had to cancel an interview with KOAT Action 7 News because of all the practice, which will include an official real-time table-top exercise Wednesday evening.

Please check the date of the article, it is 5:41 PM MDT Oct 15. 2014
That in it's self is odd. Just a little over a year later, this happens.
What happened last night was no drill.
If you like, here is the main phone number for UNMH: (505)272-2111. Just ask the operator to connect you to ER. Then please post your reply.
edit on V072015Sundayam31America/ChicagoSun, 18 Oct 2015 11:07:41 -05001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Source

Please check the date of the article, it is 5:41 PM MDT Oct 15. 2014
That in it's self is odd. Just a little over a year later, this happens.

Yep....you are correct. That is interesting. I am wondering if they have a yearly drill at the same time though now.

Either way, if the incident is indeed confirmed, that is some crazy coincidence.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
It's kind of weird because Sierra Leone has been Ebola free for 22 days now. The one person that has Ebola from there somehow slipped into the United States Lol. a reply to: Violater1

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
A code black is usually associated with a bomb threat. If there was another reason to lock the facility, I'm sure they would use another code. Perhaps more along the lines of an internal disaster or whatnot.
edit on thppmSun, 18 Oct 2015 14:13:52 -0500k1510America/Chicago1813 by Sparkymedic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Welp your right

code black
Public address system jargon for
(1) A deceased person admitted to an ER
(2) An emergency situation involving personal threats to safety of one or more persons in a hospital or other public place, including assaults, confrontations, hostage situations and threats of personal injury or attack
(3) Bomb threat—evacuation due to threat of explosion
(4) Mass casualties
(5) Personal threat
(6) Personnel threat
(7) Infant abduction
(8) Severe weather alert
a reply to: Sparkymedic

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic
A code black is usually associated with a bomb threat. If there was another reason to lock the facility, I'm sure they would use another code. Perhaps more along the lines of an internal disaster or whatnot.

No it is not.

Hell there is a new medical drama on TV called Code Black and its not about bomb threats.

In a clinical setting such as a hospital a code black essentially stands for any emergent critical situation.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Prob the worst hospital I've ever visited. I guess that's what happens when you're the only real hospital in the entire state.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
Prob the worst hospital I've ever visited. I guess that's what happens when you're the only real hospital in the entire state.

It's alright for Trauma...but that's it.
Code Black means (at least here in the Turkey (Albuquerque), complete lock-down w/ full diversion.
And nothing has been said. Nothing in the news. There was a similar event that happened almost a year ago. And nothing was mentioned about it either. The corruption has reached the very top, and rolled down to the streets. I was actually wondering if I was going to get a knock on the door.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
You will never hear about this patient again. Those admitted with Ebola seem to disappear.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
It seems to have gone quiet about the British nurse.

This is interesting, I hope the patients in question have been responsible;

A new study has also shown that Ebola persists in the semen of male survivors for up to nine months - much longer than previously thought.

BBC News

top topics

<<   2 >>

join