It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Request: Help with lost cat.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: malevolent

And you know this how? Do you have psychic abilities? I have had a pet go missing before thanks to an idiot cable guy propping open our back door with a broom. My pet made it home after a family found her and took her to a local pet store, but there comes a time, that you have done all you can do, and the only thing left to do is wait.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm

And you know this how? Do you have psychic abilities? I have had a pet go missing before thanks to an idiot cable guy propping open our back door with a broom. My pet made it home after a family found her and took her to a local pet store, but there comes a time, that you have done all you can do, and the only thing left to do is wait.
whether or not i think i have them isn't the question however if i did and could I wouldn't waste my time and energy on something so petty as a missing pet. so here is my thought on all this once all physical means have been exhausted then they should try consulting someone so they can give it a proper burial. or as you said it will find its way home

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: malevolent
what the hell is this crap? really? if anyone can help you on here, I wont. feel free to cry and beg for help, your cats probably dead

Pets are like family members. What you said was so mean and uncalled for! Think twice before coming into threads like this to hurt people. That is not what our loving ATS family is all about!

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

what the hell is this crap? really? if anyone can help you on here, I wont. feel free to cry and beg for help, your cats probably dead

Pets are like family members. What you said was so mean and uncalled for! Think twice before coming into threads like this to hurt people. That is not what our loving ATS family is all about!
well i won't say i'm sorry what i said was only what i felt that was truthful even if it wasn't the nicest way to put it
edit on 18-10-2015 by malevolent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I wouldn't waste my time and energy on something so petty as a missing pet.

You have no idea how precious and loving and sweet our pets are. They are anything but petty! They are a part of our families. You are just being mean and hurtful and no one appreciates your comments!

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: peacefulpete
He was very happy and spoiled with me, so he wouldn't WANT to find a new home.

From my own childhood acquaintance with cats, I disagree with this conclusion.
Cats are prone to explore, and in the course of their explorations they might drop in at a new hotel and stay there for a while.
Cats may not think like people, but they don't have the built-in loyalty of dogs either.

My mother was once told by one of her pupils "Your cat is staying at my Aunt Daisy's farm". He enjoyed the change of scenery for a couple of months (I like to think he was visiting his cousins), and then he came back. This is what cats do.
I read once about a court case over the identity and ownership of a cat; one family claimed he was their much-loved Tom, another family claimed him as their Harry. It did not seem to occur to them that he might be both, yet it struck me as the obvious explanation.
I think it's possible that your cat is alive and well and (temporarily?) getting fed by a different set of servants.

edit on 18-10-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   

I wouldn't waste my time and energy on something so petty as a missing pet.
Yet you are wasting time and energy posting on a thread about something you care nothing about.

But wait, that explains it doesn't it. You care about the responses you are getting? My bad folks, I fed the troll. Shame on me.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

your making assumptions about me and pets. yes i am mean and even worse. thanks glad you pointed that out

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   

your making assumptions about me and pets. yes i am mean and even worse. thanks glad you pointed that out

You were kind to me in your comments about my Mom. Thank you!

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I was participating in another 'missing cat' thread a little while ago and remember this useful piece of advice:

Cats are easier to find at night because their eyes glow in the dark. During the day it's easy for them to conceal themselves but at night they can't hide so easily because the eyes give them away.

Perhaps a few night patrols might turn him up - I hope so.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

You were kind to me in your comments about my Mom. Thank you!
thanks is unnecessary but you are welcome

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Sorry about your cat, but if it's been missing for that long, the odds of it coming back are not good. I just lost [ well, not "lost" they died ] 2 of mine recently [ had one for 10 and the other almost 16 years ] and I know it's tough. Hopefully someone saw him as a beautiful animal, catnapped him and gave him a good home. Try to keep that thought in mind.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Here is the thread I mentioned earlier:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You want CraftBuilder's post about halfway down page 1.

Quote from his post:

Buy a good LED flashlight - Twilight is by far the best time to find a cat. Right after the sun goes down and it start to get really dark cats regain their confidence and start coming out of the woodwork. Sweeping a good LED flashlight around as you walk down streets and alley ways you can see a cats eye-shine for hundreds of feet. A cat is nearly invisible behind a flower bed day or night but at night there is no hiding those hyper-reflective eyes. Calling your cats name will cause them to look in your direction - turning their eyes toward you. It will also put your neighbours at ease and you will get less visits from the police. Be sure to walk slowly and run your flashlight over every square inch of the neighbourhood. Check under every parked vehicle and trailer. LED flashlights are amazing for this. I suggest at least a one watt flashlight. I just purchased a beautiful, tiny, 10 watt flashlight on Ebay, delivered to my door for a total of $7 (excluding battery and charger). I can see eye-shine with it for nearly two kilometres. I find the majority of missing cats this way. Its amazing how many cats turn up. In my own neighbourhood I might see a cat once a week during the day. I pull out my flashlight in the evening and I can find eight cats in the first half hour. This should be the very first thing you do to find your cat if walking around the neighbourhood the first day turns up nothing. Invite your friends or family members. Tell them they can keep the flashlights.

Read the entire post, though. It's a very thorough 'how to' guide for locating lost cats.

I hope I've gone about providing this quote in the correct way. If not and it has to be removed the gist is to get a good LED flashlight and sweep the neighbourhood at twilight. The light will help to show up the cats' eyes

edit on 18-10-2015 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
If he has a favorite food, keep it on the side of the house and check it from time to time.

Take a walk around the area late at night.. after midnight, if your up (with a flashlight). That's when cats roam around.. after all the human activity has died down.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: peacefulpete

Dont worry, they always disappear this time of the year, it probably climbed to the roof and took a leap to the moon, it will come back after he has gotten some (SNIP) done.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I am owned by 9 of the best felines in the world....Their funny self serving creatures. I once had a cat go back home. We moved about 9 miles away to new house, Cat stayed a day or two then POOF gone. My old neighbor called me to let me know Big Red was on his front porch. Big Red didn't want to leave his old digs. So Big Red has since that day lived with my old neighbor. And some cats just up & leave. As I said, their funny self serving creatures.
edit on 18-10-2015 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: berenike

With a torch! Thats how we find our cat in the wood pile stalking mice at night

OP My cat went missing once for 9 months. Lots of flyers, and eventually someone called.
They got a HUGE hamper of goodies from me .

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join