It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamist forces gathering near Houston, legit or BS?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: Demonarch

From the post:

A disabled Army Veteran from Houston Texas. He asked Fox News why they aren't covering this? Looks like it's time, people! Lock and Load...

"Lock and Load"...

What the hell is wrong with these people? Do these Texans not realize they are living in an oil-rich desert region filled with religious extremists and are fearing other religious extremists from other oil-rich desert regions?

Do they not see any irony in this?

LOLOLOL I know right! we are so extreme were just killing each other all over the place down here because of our religion!

LOLOL

Oh wait, look another hateful blanket statement while hypocritically claiming others are full of hate........

Do you people even understand your own hateful bias and rhetoric ,or is it so blind to you that you just spew it?

But look at the people I was responding about. The people who hear of another religious group gathering in their state and retort with "lock and load" are extremists. How can "grab yer gunz cuz thers Muslimistans movin in" be considered anything other than "extremist"? So yeah, when I say "What the hell is wrong with these people", I mean it. Those are extremists.

If I made any sort of blanket statement, it was a blanket statement about people who respond to the rumor of the existence of Muslims with "lock and load". I'm totally comfortable making that blanket statement.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

and taking a facebook post too as the primary source

its obvious you are SOOO objective lolol

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Abysha

and taking a facebook post too as the primary source

its obvious you are SOOO objective lolol

I don't think you understand who I am referring to here.

Person A - The Muslims are coming! The Muslims are coming!
Person B - Grab yer guns and get ready for 'em.
Persons C through Z - Uh... I just live here.

I'm talking about persons A and B. Never mentioned persons C through Z. You are making it sound like I'm referring to the entire alphabet. If you are upset about me generalizing Persons A and B, I guess I just have to live with that. If you think I am poking at Texans, in general, you are wrong. It's why I said "these Texans" in my post.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
You're welcome for spending ten minutes on google for you, OP.

www.khou.com...

So, in case anyone overlooked this it's a peaceful convention of an Indian Muslim sect meeting to hear their world spiritual leader speak.

Not "Islamist forces." The police are directing traffic.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
The trouble is, that so many Americans say things like "time to get my RPG" when they see stories about Muslims.

It's EXACTLY the same mindset of Germans in the 1930's that said the same types of things about Jews.

Far Right Christians are very, very close to becoming the American National Front, and they don't even know it.

This whole "Muslim hate" thing is exactly what was being preached in Nazi Germany in the mid 1930's.

When you tell the Muslim haters that this is the same as Jew haters in NAZI Germany, they just say "oh, that will never happen here".

Which is exactly what Germans were saying in 1933.

Don't forget, the far right includes actual Neo-Nazis right now. People always overlook that.

I'm actually tempted to do a thread about the current KKK branches & the major American Neo-Nazi organizations. A lot of people have no clue what those groups stand for, even though I can guarantee you've seen some of their talking points right here on ATS.

But before I stoop down & dirty myself by doing a thread on them, I'd recommend everyone do a little research themselves. Dedicate 30 minutes to google searching "(random US state) KKK" or "(random US state) neo nazis/aryan brotherhood/aryan nation". They have websites, videos, and much much more.

So no, it's not that the extreme parts of the right wing resemble Nazis; many on the extreme right wing are Nazis, Klansmen, and members of similar hate groups.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Were there Republicans in Troy screaming " Don't bring that giant wooden horse in here!" ?

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
The trouble is, that so many Americans say things like "time to get my RPG" when they see stories about Muslims.

It's EXACTLY the same mindset of Germans in the 1930's that said the same types of things about Jews.

Far Right Christians are very, very close to becoming the American National Front, and they don't even know it.

This whole "Muslim hate" thing is exactly what was being preached in Nazi Germany in the mid 1930's.

When you tell the Muslim haters that this is the same as Jew haters in NAZI Germany, they just say "oh, that will never happen here".

Which is exactly what Germans were saying in 1933.

No stopping the gears of history. If those in charge desire this sort of conflict to happen because it fits their agenda, then they'll make sure it happens.

Yes, I am THAT jaded.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I live just few blocks from here and it was just a huge gathering at a mosque. The roads were unbelievably crowded. Here is an article on it...

www.khou.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Americans SHOULD be concerned with large numbers of Muslims entering the country. They SHOULD make sure Muslims understand that they are just guests, don't get too comfortable. America should look to Europe and see the way Muslims have taken over entire neighborhoods in Britain, France, Sweden, the Nederlands.

America should stop Muslims from gaining political power, social power, any kind of power. They're already flexing their muscle a little bit around the US. The US will live to regret the push to embrace "diversity" that is happening now.

Islam is not a religion. It is a sociopolitical religious culture that seeks to dominate. Do not underestimate the power of Muslims in large numbers.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Also depends what kind of Muslims tho. Those who were born and raised in American/Western culture are a fair deal more agreeable. Those who come directly from Islamic societies, debatable. For what it's worth, USA pushes for integration and for everybody to "feel American" and believe it or not it works a fair deal better than in Europe, which pushes for multiculturalism instead of integration. Therefore in places like France you got the social phenomenon of "ghettoization" where Muslims keep to their own, make entire neighborhoods of just them and refuse to deal with infidels. If whites had that attitude, they'd be called white supremacists.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: hammanderr
Americans SHOULD be concerned with large numbers of Muslims entering the country. They SHOULD make sure Muslims understand that they are just guests, don't get too comfortable. America should look to Europe and see the way Muslims have taken over entire neighborhoods in Britain, France, Sweden, the Nederlands.

America should stop Muslims from gaining political power, social power, any kind of power. They're already flexing their muscle a little bit around the US. The US will live to regret the push to embrace "diversity" that is happening now.

Islam is not a religion. It is a sociopolitical religious culture that seeks to dominate. Do not underestimate the power of Muslims in large numbers.

(Clears throat) I respectfully say "screw your opinion".

I'm an 8th generation American from one branch of my family and a 6th generation American from another branch. And the side with 6 generations go back to the Muscogee/Creek Indians, who were here an additional several thousand years (they're one branch of the Missippi Civilization).

4 generations back, my family members were slaves who worked the land here. 3 generations back, my family were sharecroppers & civil rights workers here. 2 generations back, the males were drafted & fought in segregated units in WWII to protect Europe & Northern Africa from Hitler & the fascists, while the females were activists & sharecroppers. And 1 generation back, my parents marched in the American Civil Rights Movement, both got doctorate degrees, and both became teachers here.

My people have just as much of a right to America as any other American. We will continue to vote, work, and pay taxes, while we continue to enjoy the rights & benefits that come with being an American citizen. That includes serving on juries, running for office, starting businesses, building mosques, and exercising our constitutional rights.

Islam's been here since the first African slaves were brought here. And Islam will be here even after the younger generations reject the stupidity & ignorance that people like you preach. If you don't like that, oh well.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

What the hell is wrong with these people? Do these Texans not realize they are living in an oil-rich desert region filled with religious extremists and are fearing other religious extremists from other oil-rich desert regions?

Either God or Allah has a wicked sense of humor, or maybe this is what happens when they collaborate on a joke.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

racism is off the richter scale

observe

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Either God or Allah has a wicked sense of humor, or maybe this is what happens when they collaborate on a joke.

"Allah" is the Arabic word for "God", just as "Elah/Elaw" is the Aramaic word for "God", and "Eloh" was one of the Hebrew words for "God" ("Elohim" is the plural form originally used to describe a "council of gods", though now it's understood to mean "God")

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Demonarch
No stopping the gears of history. If those in charge desire this sort of conflict to happen because it fits their agenda, then they'll make sure it happens.

Yes, I am THAT jaded.

If such a thing happens, you atleast will have had the benefit of history to know to help those being persecuted to escape.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I'm aware of that, but one religion uses the word God and the other uses the word Allah, it's the most easily distinguishable terms for two different religions takes on what is essentially the exact same hypothetical being.
edit on 18-10-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: hammanderr

So does that mean a Muslim shouldn't be allowed to serve in public office? What about having the power of running a private organization in a community?

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

I'm aware of that, but one religion uses the word God and the other uses the word Allah, it's the most easily distinguishable terms for two different religions takes on what is essentially the exact same hypothetical being.

Just for the record, the Qur'an has 99 different names for God. "Allah" may be the most popular one, but it's not the only name we use for Him by any stretch. And most Arab Christians call God "Allah" as well, since that's simply the Arabic word for God. Ironically, I usually call God "God', since most people I speak to are native English speakers. And Ethiopian Christians, who accepted Christianity before the Romans did, call God "Amlak" and "Igziabeher", which literally means "Lord of the Universe".

So maybe you meant Western Christians call Him "God", while Westerners are used to hearing Muslims call God "Allah"? I'm not trying to be a prick, but I admit it's a pet peeve of mine.
edit on 18-10-2015 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
So maybe you meant Western Christians call Him "God", while Westerners are used to hearing Muslims call God "Allah"? I'm not trying to be a prick, but I admit it's a pet peeve of mine.

You are reading far too much into this, but that is it precisely.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   

I'm an 8th generation American from one branch of my family and a 6th generation American from another branch. And the side with 6 generations go back to the Muscogee/Creek Indians, who were here an additional several thousand years (they're one branch of the Missippi Civilization).

4 generations back, my family members were slaves who worked the land here. 3 generations back, my family were sharecroppers & civil rights workers here. 2 generations back, the males were drafted & fought in segregated units in WWII to protect Europe & Northern Africa from Hitler & the fascists, while the females were activists & sharecroppers. And 1 generation back, my parents marched in the American Civil Rights Movement, both got doctorate degrees, and both became teachers here.

Got a question for you...since you listed the family tree...I was wondering...at what generation has your entire family switched to Islam ?

I never heard of the, obvious "fact", that native Indians were Muslims...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join