It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamist forces gathering near Houston, legit or BS?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Sorta-viral post on Facebook supposedly from a disabled army veteran, claiming that a tent city near his city is currently amassing tens of thousands of Muslims. They're arriving by the busload and police are protecting them.

Here's the link to the public FB post, can any of you fine Texas folks debunk this if there is anything to debunk? Thank y'all kindly.

www.facebook.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Demonarch

Tens of thousands arriving at a tent city in Texas?

lol

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
And not one peep outta anybody except one guy?

Seems a bit over the top.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Lol oh man from Facebook eh?

So now Muslims can't congregate in public anymore?

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I'm not even gonna bother to research this far out claim because I'm sure this is complete BS; but if Islamists want to gather somewhere then by all means try your best in Texas. Good luck, cuz they're gonna need it.
edit on 17-10-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Actually, I did come across a list recently where the refugees would be placed. It listed about 15 states, and the two that would be taking the most were California and Texas. For what's it worth.

Here's a snippet. Not the original list I saw, but names a few locations.

Since the Syrian Civil War began in March 2011, 1,584 refugees have been relocated in the U.S., the majority of whom have moved to Texas (180), California (171), Michigan (159), Illinois (132), Arizona (107) and Florida (97). Thirty other states have absorbed the rest, according to numbers compiled by the State Department.

The title of the story is "Texas leads the Way".

In the U.S., a number of factors go into where refugees are moved, says Sarah Margon, Washington Director of Human Rights Watch. Refugees are relocated through negotiations between the federal government and non-governmental organizations called VOLAGs (voluntary agencies), which contract with the State Department. Those NGOs help determine which communities are right for relocation based on factors like housing availability. At the same time, refugees can also indicate if they have family in the U.S. and can try to be reunited with relatives, which can help direct where they’re relocated.

time.com...

I think this is highly exaggerated though, because the Facebook guy says "tens of thousands", when we are only taking 10,000 right now and they are being placed across the country, not just in one location.
edit on 10/17/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

From the post:

A disabled Army Veteran from Houston Texas. He asked Fox News why they aren't covering this? Looks like it's time, people! Lock and Load...

"Lock and Load"...

What the hell is wrong with these people? Do these Texans not realize they are living in an oil-rich desert region filled with religious extremists and are fearing other religious extremists from other oil-rich desert regions?

Do they not see any irony in this?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Finally looked at the post.

So you have to add the one guy to get "the full story?" And the guy you have to add lives in France? And none of the pictures show a) tents b) tens of thousands of Muslims or c) law enforcement.

So why is this given the time of day again?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Actually sounds legit to me.

You have to realize Houston has the #1 top far left extremist mayor in the country.
www.examiner.com...
www.thenewamerican.com...
www.newsmax.com...

She is sure to have invited the massive influx of Middle Eastern
immigrants.

I actually believe this one.

Houston is a very liberal city, surrounded by not so liberal
cities and counties.

If it is within city limits, quite plausible.

Even if well over 70% of the ME immigrants are
able bodied men who should be fighting for their
homes and for their country rather than flee
as cowards.

We should care for the women and children,
but not the cowardly able bodied men, and it
appears that is what the vast majority of
the ME immigrants are.

edit on 8Sat, 17 Oct 2015 20:07:28 -0500pm101710pmk176 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
You're welcome for spending ten minutes on google for you, OP.

www.khou.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I'll be following this one closely. I'm on the southwest side of Houston. Haven't seen or heard anything like this but that doesn't mean it's not going on.

There is an extremely large Muslim population in and around Houston. Always has been. I have had the opportunity to grow up with and get to know a few, but these were Americans who happened to practice Islam. Just good, normal people.

If these reports are true and they are bussing people in, most likely they are refugees fleeing war torn areas of the middle east. There could definitely be jihad minded losers in the mix. Isis has stated that blending in with refugees to attack later was a tactic they would try.

Seems like I would've heard something about this already, unless there is a total media black-out going on. I wish he would've said what part of Houston this supposedly was. Houston and the surrounding area is huge. If I had an idea, I'd drive out for a look and take some pics of my own.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
this video explains alot

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

this is obviously a case of traffic terrorism.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Traffic jihadists and teenagers making stuff up on Facebook.

Troll level = boss.

And yet some will continue to wear out the panic button.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Lol oh man from Facebook eh?

So now Muslims can't congregate in public anymore?

Well didn't you know more than three Muslims in one spot = terrorist cell. More than ten = Islamist force.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
ISIS is going to take over Texas?

If so I hope they give it back to the Mexicans

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Kinda sad when in their lives, the opening of a simple house of worship draws crowds as massive as the biggest rockstars. It's almost as if they didn't have them in their neck of the woods.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I'm about an hour south of Houston. There are some Muslim folks in the area.
Am I scared? No, not at all.
All of them I know are very well mannered and not looking for any trouble.
Trust me, if any group started trouble, they would not stand much of chance against the locals.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The trouble is, that so many Americans say things like "time to get my RPG" when they see stories about Muslims.

It's EXACTLY the same mindset of Germans in the 1930's that said the same types of things about Jews.

Far Right Christians are very, very close to becoming the American National Front, and they don't even know it.

This whole "Muslim hate" thing is exactly what was being preached in Nazi Germany in the mid 1930's.

When you tell the Muslim haters that this is the same as Jew haters in NAZI Germany, they just say "oh, that will never happen here".

Which is exactly what Germans were saying in 1933.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

From the post:

A disabled Army Veteran from Houston Texas. He asked Fox News why they aren't covering this? Looks like it's time, people! Lock and Load...

"Lock and Load"...

What the hell is wrong with these people? Do these Texans not realize they are living in an oil-rich desert region filled with religious extremists and are fearing other religious extremists from other oil-rich desert regions?

Do they not see any irony in this?

LOLOLOL I know right! we are so extreme were just killing each other all over the place down here because of our religion!

LOLOL

Oh wait, look another hateful blanket statement while hypocritically claiming others are full of hate........

Do you people even understand your own hateful bias and rhetoric ,or is it so blind to you that you just spew it?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join