It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Star Wars’ Wants Female Directors for the Franchise, Says Kathleen Kennedy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Alright... I'm telling both of your spouses! LOL

Too late. She said go put your costume on.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Why can't it? Again no words to the effect of they were looking exclusively for a female director just that they would love to find one.

Fans are against? Or just the ones that see evil, SJWs lurking in every corner? Because I'm a fan, now I don't really care if a man or woman directs as long as it's good but it's so funny to me how it's such a main gripe with, what is it 3rd wave feminism... that anti-SJW crusaders go scouring the internet for every little scrap of anything they can bash feminism with and turn perfectly innocent things into crises such as this. Much like an over-zealous feminist goes pointing accusatory fingers at sexism where it just isn't so. You lot are no different.

It's just a matter of pointing out idiocy, which is most of what you lot like to push into reality.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

State in whatever way you want, I'm brought up in a equal society, where we go from science as a start not ideals. Can you say the same?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Making an issue out of this is idiocy.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I think I would like your wife... but nope, not happening lol.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

The "right female director" does not equate to the "right director". That's what fans are against. They just don't want the franchise messed with. If that is an example of people acting like children, you need to try going outside.

It is an example of people acting like children. And - good timing - you illustrate this point for us very well

You don't actually get women - do you Les? :-)

How would a woman director ruin the franchise? The producer is a woman...

Do you think she's so inept that she would give this to an inferior director and risk something this huge?

Do you know anything about her?

Women know perfectly well how to create things that will appeal to men. I'd say you ought to know better - but, you have a kind of blind spot I think
edit on 10/17/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

...which is most of what you lot like to push into reality.

I always suspected you were just a troll with an unwieldy vocabulary

And now I know for sure

:-)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

It is an example of people acting like children. And - good timing - you illustrate this point for us very well

How would a woman director ruin the franchise? The producer is a woman...

Do you think she's so inept that she would give this to an inferior director and risk something this huge?

Do you know anything about her?

Women know perfectly well how to create things that will appeal to men. I'd say you ought to know better - but, you have a kind of blind spot I think

Maybe comprehension isn't your strongest point, which is something I've suspected for quite some time, but I simply said "the right female director" does not equate to the "right director".

I'm not sure how you extrapolated all of this from that comment, but if your comprehension is any indication, I'm not surprised. The "right director" can be male or female, obviously.

ETA:

One can study the females of any species of animal fairly easily. We could compare notes if you wish.
edit on 17-10-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Hyperia

Cool ethnocentric story brah!

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

im trying to break it down into science,

I sent a link containing, demographics, real world not ideals, there is something called the "double hump" in star wars meaning old vs. new, and they compared it to the twilight demographics..

If im a sexist?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Its in the science field of sociology, so statement isnt based on stereotypes.. Try harder next time

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Your original post was better - this is a little walked back into lame :-)

You are just yanking our chains now (in keeping with the whole Leia theme...)

There's no point in you and I going round and round

One can study the females of any species of animal fairly easily. We could compare notes if you wish.

Like I said...

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Hyperia

What?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Your original post was better - this is a little walked back into lame :-)

You are just yanking our chains now (in keeping with the whole Leia theme...)

There's no point in you and I going round and round

Sounds like a surreptitious admission of one's own failure to provide any coherent rebuttal. Yes it's difficult supporting untruths for any lengthy amount of time. Best to just give up before it even begins.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Sounds like a surreptitious admission of one's own failure to provide any coherent rebuttal. Yes it's difficult supporting untruths for any lengthy amount of time. Best to just give up before it even begins.

See what I mean? Lame...

Enjoy your victory

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

You are being exactly that which you criticize. If you don't like it when what men say is over analyzed, when what they create is over analyzed, how men work or live... perhaps you shouldn't do that to others.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

See what I mean? Lame...

Enjoy your victory

I haven't seen anything meaningful yet, but I'll let you know. To the sarlaac pit with you.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

You are being exactly that which you criticize. If you don't like it when what men say is over analyzed, when what they create is over analyzed, how men work or live... perhaps you shouldn't do that to others.

Actually, you are. If a producer were to say he would love to find the right male director, I would be right there with you saying how stupid the comment was. But it seems you are unable to address your own double standards.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I actually wouldn't care at all.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperia
a reply to: Lysergic

Its in the science field of sociology, so statement isnt based on stereotypes.. Try harder next time

Whats there to try harder for? Is that just some cliche crap you put at the end in attempt of triumph?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join