It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former military member says aliens are dimensional

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I agree that the Inter-Dimensional Hypothesis (IDH) is interesting and deserves serious study. It has been around a long time and has been advocated by many people, including Jacques Vallee, among others. It addresses several issues and pronlems with the ETH (Extra Terrestrial Hypothesis, eg. "Aliens from space") However, Robert Dean is not a particularly good advocate, witness, or spokesman for the theory. He has too many credibility issues. There have been numerous threads on ATS exploring the IDH. Y'all really ought to look them up.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Telepathy3
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

I'm saying even if he's lied that doesn't mean he hasn't in fact seen or heard that military intelligence has concluded these factors about the alien phenomena

Forget about past allegations of him lying; I didn't say anything about his supposed past lies. That's not relevant to me if I simply want to understand the facts about his specific claims and be able to confirm his claims through any evidence he might provide.

However, without evidence, there is no reason to particularly believe his story any more than I would believe the random person who makes up any other story.

If this guy was unknown to you and walked up to you on the street and started telling you these things without evidence, as he is in the OP video, what reason would you have to believe him?

edit on 10/16/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Then why are you asking cause in the thread and post I only state what he claims, I understand your point but I didn't say he somehow obtained top secret evidence to back up what he said he's heard
edit on 16-10-2015 by Telepathy3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I'd love to see Deans DD214...I have a hard time believing he was a CSM.

But whatever.

Another snake oil salesman.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I'm saying even if he's lied that doesn't mean he hasn't in fact seen or heard that military intelligence has concluded these factors about the alien phenomena

The question is how do you distinguish one of his lies from a non lie? Maybe this time he is telling the truth or maybe its another lie. The problem is that there is no way to verify his claims but you can check things like military rank. So its perfectly reasonable to not believe him since he only has a track record for lieing and none for telling the truth.

So why should anyone believe him?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

As I've already stated, you don't have to believe him, you don't have to believe in the theory at all but one person doesn't effect any theory, the ideas been around before him

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
...So its perfectly reasonable to not believe him since he only has a track record for lieing and none for telling the truth.

So why should anyone believe him?

Frankly, his credibility bears no relevance to me.

When someone makes a claim, whether they be a Harvard professor or a plumber, I treat the face value of the claim equally. What I would be looking for is evidence to back up the claim. If the plumber has verifiable evidence, but the Harvard Professor has none and just says "trust me", I'm more likely to believe the plumber's claim.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

The theory has been around before him, that's why you should make your own opinion and not base your entire belief of a theory based on your opinion of one guy who contends the theory

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

The theory has been around before him, that's why you should make your own opinion and not base your entire belief of a theory based on your opinion of one guy who contends the theory

So what is the verifiable evidence of this theory in general?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

All this Dimensional stuff is just too convenient, I aint buying it.

I get what you are saying. We don't have any definition for what "dimensional" beings are so its sort of an easy write off and it sounds cool but rather meaningless. But then its also very convenient to to say its all due to physical beings with advanced technology that we don't understand either.

How would you distinguish between a dimensional being that can float through walls and a physical being with advanced technology that can float through walls also?

edit on 16-10-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Obviously thats a rhetorical question cause you sound like I could show you evidence in your face and you'd say your hallucinating. It also depends on what you yourself decides to accept as "evidence" because there's no basis for anything humans know on this. One might consider evidence for aliens being "dimensional" by taking into account all the reports of seeing these beings "dematerialize" into being non psychical, one might consider evidence for ufos being "dimensional" by taking into account how ufos disappear out of space and loose tracking of our radar as the ufo doesn't appear to be there anymore so radar has nothing to bounce off of

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

If the plumber has verifiable evidence, but the Harvard Professor has none and just says "trust me", I'm more likely to believe the plumber's claim.

Verifiable evidence trumps all of course. we don't have any verifiable evidence in this case so if we are giving any credence to the phenomenon in general and all we have is people's word to go by, the plumber still wins if he has never been caught lying and the professor has. But not by much.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

Former military man Robert Dean states in this interview that aliens are in fact dimensional.

He is just a well known liar.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Robert Dean is no liar. The military will obviously claim these things about anyone violating their signed security agreements.

It's obvious you do not possess the aptitude, nor the desire to know or understand the truth about UFO's.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

a reply to: ZetaRediculian

As I've already stated, you don't have to believe him, you don't have to believe in the theory at all but one person doesn't effect any theory, the ideas been around before him

Well, ok. But then there are plenty of people to discuss who dont have a track record for being dishonest and who are much more credible than Dean. If you want to advance this theory then you might want to get behind someone like Vallee. Guys like Dean have such a poor reputation that a solid discussion on something like the IDH will never happen if he is part of the discussion. Not so with someone like Vallee.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: hellobruce

Former military man Robert Dean states in this interview that aliens are in fact dimensional.

He is just a well known liar.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Robert Dean is no liar. The military will obviously claim these things about anyone violating their signed security agreements.

It's obvious you do not possess the aptitude, nor the desire to know or understand the truth about UFO's.

What about when he said he was a lieutenant not once, but three times, in another video? I suppose the military said "well no you can't tell people you were a lieutenant but you can say command sergeant major, mister liar pants!"

Or the fact that he obviously has no idea how clearances work? There's any number of things he states about his military career that are obvious lies. Why would SHAPE admit that he may have been part of SHOC, but that the office he claims he was assigned to doesn't exist where he says it did? A similar office exists, with a similar name, under a different task group. It's all documented in unit diaries and records. Security clearances work a certain way. Anything outside that is fantasy. It's black and white, whether you care to accept it or not.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
What about when he said he was a lieutenant not once, but three times, in another video? I suppose the military said "well no you can't tell people you were a lieutenant but you can say command sergeant major, mister liar pants!"

Well, in a sense, they did.

In a weird twist, I *think* there are laws against impersonating a former officer. But not against impersonating a former NCO.
edit on 16-10-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I call BS on everything you say.
If he did have a cosmic top secret clearance, then no, it doesn't work any certain way at all.
Different programs don't even publish what level of clearance they are. Levels of clearance can themselves be classified.
Disinformation programs in the military spend millions of dollars every year to discredit anyone and everyone who violate their security agreements. I have never violated my own, and held a secret clearance to work for Sandia Labs in Albuquerque in the mid 80's. And even then, with that clearance, many documents used false nomenclatures so if they leaked, would be easy to discredit later.
I believe what I know to be true, and knowing how the military leaves no stone un-turned when they want to send someone down their hellhole of ridicule.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I think one has to both lie about being an officer AND obtain something of value through the fraudulent claim. Not sure but I think simply saying you're an officer isn't a problem unless you get paid or get a free meal, etc.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Call BS all you want. Smash your keyboard and tear your hair out and gnash your teeth and wail hysterically.

It's still not BS.

ETA - secret clearance? That's cute. Wouldn't even get you in the front gate where I worked. But I'm sure you know way more about it than I do.

edit on 16-10-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Ok, to be fair to what you claim, can you link me the video where he claims he is an officer rather than the highest enlisted? Maybe he was comparing his NATO rank to the Army? I just watched a bunch of his speeches last night, but never heard him claim to be an officer.

LOL I love your need at a pissing contest because your clearance is bigger than mine.. What a joke. You just made yourself look like a punk,.
edit on 16-10-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join